KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

I like using the medium style for taking out stormtroopers. It seems to get the job done faster than with quick style.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 04:40 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I think I usually just went for my gun and shot 'em all.....faster than the lightsaber when they were far away

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 01:13 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now, what sort of game makes out a blaster us better than a sabre, hmm? Plus you run around sparying everyone you see with copious amounts of ligntning and still try to make out you are a good guy... sigh...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

ah yes.....games are cool anyway despite their little problems....just think that they do all those things so that we have more of a challenge.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, no, not really, 'cos the copious amounts of lightning, ridiculous overpowerment of Speed and feeble end game guy made it all rather easy. Unless you played on max difficulty, which was just irritating.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

*sigh* so don't play the game!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 08:54 PM
LanceWindu

I never played mine on max, I'm nowhere good enough to do that.

I also think that sabers should be re-done.

How cool would it be to have it so realistic (with the movies anyway) to have your arm actually chopped off, but still live, and have to finish the game with only one arm or even a mechanical one (ala Anakin Skywalker).

And it should be fixed to where if it is just a graze from a lightsaber that you have a bad cut, but if it is a full blown swing to the body you should be cut in half.

I hated playing the game and kill somebody by slashing at them and all they do is fall to the ground without a scratch, I would alsways turn realism up with codes so they would fall apart, but even that wasn't much fun because you slash their head their head, arms, hands, waist, legs, everything, falls apart.

Please fix the realism Lucasarts!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 08:57 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

According to the official page for Jedi Academy...
quote:
Additional multiplayer modes add depth to the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight legacy. Players can partake in a variety of unique modes.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 09:40 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

too bad u cant play yoda style...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2003 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I don't think my poor fingers could keep up with the "yoda style"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 03:46 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, it would be way too fast... *watches Julie try but her fingers fall off*

It seems you can choose if you want to be a bad guy in the end or a good guy like it did in Jedi Knight. So the copius ammounts of lightning will pertain to the Dark-Side category instead of "I'm a Jedi Knight who chokes people for fun and sends bolts of lightning quaking through their bodies." Thank goodness...

I'm going to be a Dark-Sider. evil face

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 06:13 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(continues ranting)

The OTHER problem with the multiplayer community is that you get all these people saying that they want to be a 'Grey' Jedi because they think that would be cool... grrrrrr...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 02:29 PM
finti

Some of those images are the ones they promote KOTR with

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 03:04 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well I got them from the JA website...

What the hell is a gray Jedi? That wouldn't be possible anyway!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 06:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right, a Grey Jedi; is a feeble but diabolically popular concept of hardcore on-line SW fans and game players based on several ideas:

1. The Jedi think they are good but actually are not
2. Being a little evil is cool
3. Thinking that you can sum up the SW universe better than George Lucas can

A Grey Jedi is a Jedi who does not directly use his powers for evil but is not bound up in the phoney agenda of the Light Side either. Quite a few of them make reference to being able to use both Light and Dark sides of the Force yet not be evil; so they can use Lightning and give into their emotions and so on with no ill effect.

It is just fans being feeble, wanting the best of both worlds and thinking they are being cool and thinking they are clever for exposing the 'flaws' in the good guy Jedi that GL created.

The relevance of all this, however, is that Kyle Katarn in Outcast became the very role-model for the Grey Jedi crowd, because he was pretty much exactly what these people wanted.

What these people don't understand is that you cannot 'use' the Dark Side like a lawnmower; you choose the Dark Side and become of it. And George Lucas created the Jedi as the good guy heroes of the universe and no fan has any authority to dispute that no matter how pseudo-clever their arguments are.

I am taking this all far too seriously, of course, but (best little kid voice) THEY started it!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 07:11 PM
Julie
The Student

It's alright.....interesting.....but just because they started it doesn't mean that you shouldn't have been the one to end it!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 08:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

...and I choose to end it by mocking them and stirring up solid folk like Rex against them...

I bet you these people will be wanting to build Grey Jedi in Academy.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 09:42 PM
Julie
The Student

probably.....but aren't jedi supposed to be good?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 04:00 PM
Dark Lord Djas
Dark Jedi Knight

I don't think you are taking it too seriously Ushgarak. I think you are saying what every real Star Wars fan is thinking. When someone tells me they are going to be a gray Jedi in a rpg or some other type of star wars game, i let them have it. I tell them that they can only be Light or Dark nowhere in between. If you use the Dark Side of the force you become engulfed in it and the safe with the Light. You can go from one to another but cannot use both. When you use the Light side of the Force you are good and you are a Jedi. When you use the Dark side of the Force you are evil and you are a Sith or Dark Jedi. They can't make Star Wars better than its creator.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2003 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Dark Lord Djas a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Lord Djas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

walk the gray picket fence

Old Post Apr 17th, 2003 02:10 AM