KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC's Warriors Vs Marvel's Warriors

DC's Warriors Vs Marvel's Warriors
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

The All blade is no normal blade. Who's to say POO won't go down with one of Starfire's blasts?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:14 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
The All blade is no normal blade. Who's to say POO won't go down with one of Starfire's blasts?

It has criteria that needs to be place for it to preform, criteria that was not in place during this particular instance. /shrug

PoO has tanked blasts from Silver Surfer. He would merc DCnU Starfire. lol

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Either way, once Essence was serious, she owned Jason. She didn't go to Jason to outright kill him, so in a battle scenario, the instance is moot. Whether or not the blade had magical properties or not. She outright stated that no weapon could KILL her.

She was in the heart of Trigon for YEARS, or whatver that means, so she is very powerful.

I'd still go with Essence, because she also rendered those guys into skeletons with a thought. I don't see POO surviving that.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:22 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Either way, once Essence was serious, she owned Jason. She didn't go to Jason to outright kill him, so in a battle scenario, the instance is moot. Whether or not the blade had magical properties or not. She outright stated that no weapon could KILL her.

She was in the heart of Trigon for YEARS, or whatver that means, so she is very powerful.

I'd still go with Essence, because she also rendered those guys into skeletons with a thought. I don't see POO surviving that.

I don't believe her. She was clearly injured, if Jason looped off her head instead of stabbing her, that probably would have done the trick.

PoO has been reduced to a pile of goo and spit into a volcano and he was fine. Essence doesn't have shit on Aman.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:25 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

She was INJURED not KILLED. She said no weapon can kill her. She can also heal as well, so the attack only slowed her down.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:26 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

She was INJURED not KILLED. She said no weapon can kill her. She can also heal as well, so the attack only slowed her down.

She was injured and needed to go smoke to heal. If her head got lopped off before she could mist up, nothing she has done suggests she could survive that.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:29 PM
Senor Cage

There is nothing to suggest that she would be killed. And she would probably just turn to smoke.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:31 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

There is nothing to suggest that she would be killed. And she would probably just turn to smoke.

She was injured by the stabbing, which shows she can be caught in solid form if the attacker is quick enough, and she didn't immediately go smoke after, which shows there needs to be a conscious decision to do so. If some lobbed her head off, she'd probably just be dead.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:34 PM
Senor Cage

Not injured enough and she didn't expect Jason to do that. In a forum battle that's irrelevant. She could just turn invisible and use her smoke to hold POO.

Plus in the backup, she has some type of power where she can send people to hell or something to that. And they get reduced to a SKELETON. POO has nothing on Essence.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:38 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Not injured enough and she didn't expect Jason to do that. In a forum battle that's irrelevant. She could just turn invisible and use her smoke to hold POO.

Plus in the backup, she has some type of power where she can send people to hell or something to that. And they get reduced to a SKELETON. POO has nothing on Essence.

She was injured, which in and off itself is a enough. Even in his solid form PoO has tanked impalement like it is nothing more than once. Essence has shown that she can be injured through conventional means, PoO has not.

She's going to use smoke... to contain PoO... who is also smoke? Come on buddy.

I think her smoke just burnt those dudes up. That's the impression I got at least. That's nothing game changing.

Nothing she has done puts her on PoO level.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:49 PM
Senor Cage

No, they were sent somewhere, because of their sins. She did say she was captured in the heart of Trigon, so I am guessing that's where she gets some of her power. She's immortal until proven otherwise.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:51 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

No, they were sent somewhere, because of their sins. She did say she was captured in the heart of Trigon, so I am guessing that's where she gets some of her power. She's immortal until proven otherwise.

Maybe, but that's not how I read it. I thought it was just flower prose, the equivalent of any other character saying they will send someone to hell before killing them, but we'll see sooner or later I imagine.

Sorry buddy, you are going to need something better than a no limits fallacy to prove her immortally is anything more than long life.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:55 PM
Senor Cage

Her tanking Starfire's blasts is uber, IMO, and Starfire was easily melting metal with just her presence alone. If you don't find that impressive than I can't help you. IIRC, she didn't even go into mist form, so that proves her durability. Whether or not she is immortal. I'll take her word for it.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 07:58 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Her tanking Starfire's blasts is uber, IMO, and Starfire was easily melting metal with just her presence alone. If you don't find that impressive than I can't help you. IIRC, she didn't even go into mist form, so that proves her durability. Whether or not she is immortal. I'll take her word for it.

Pretty sure the blast went right through her, she can be intangible but still maintain the guise of her humanoid form, as you can see when Roy shots his arrows at her.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 08:03 PM
Senor Cage

Hard to tell. Essence boasted that Starfire's blasts meant nothing. The arrow looked like it pierced her as well, but I can see where you got intangibility. Never once was it mentioned that she had intangibilty, but she could. Makes getting her head cut off that much harder.

Known powers are:
Invisibility
healing though smoke powers
possible immortality
Smoke that potentially burns people, but smoke isn't hot. wink

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 08:14 PM
iceman24567

Sorry Prince of Orphans is more impressive than some obscure possibly immortal gimp

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 10:57 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by iceman24567
Sorry Prince of Orphans is more impressive than some obscure possibly immortal gimp

POO was once obscure sad Lobdell wants to write a Essence/Jason Todd mini and what all they learned at their training. I say go for it. cool

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 11:01 PM