KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I could care less about what they do. laughing I was thinking that cutting them might help shut this place down, but it doesn't look like I'd have the time for that.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 31st, 2013 08:00 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That depends on your Lightsaber rolls.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2013 04:12 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

On my rolls, huh? That could leave me vulnerable for longer than I'd like. Next best thing, I'll target the operator droids and slash the console. Hopefully that'll hinder things for a moment.

Of course, taking out the droids shooting at me will have to take priority. Don't like the idea of getting blasted in the back. I'll swap out my tapped Othordox Guard for Balanced Guard.

Summary: Engage droids in the operator station, Swap OGu with BGu.

Aurel shifts his stance after dropping down, darting about to avoid blaster fire as he closes in on the droids on this level.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 02:30 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You dispatch a droid with a casual swipe of your saber, having gotten Initiative at 3-2. Jung shoots down another next to you with a trio of pops from his blaster pistol.

To deal any damage to the computer consoles or their robotic operators, you would need to spend your action attacking it or them.

Incoming! Six droids each to Aurel and Jung. The first one on each is penalized from Level 6 and both droids miss. The rest are not; Aurel has 7 of 8 Cleave counters removed instead of taking damage, while Jung is very lucky and only takes 3 damage thanks to his Parry.

---

AMBUSH IN THE FACTORIES, Start of Turn 16

Entrance - Top of Machinery

Droids (G5) x2

Level 10 - Viewing Deck

Droids (G5) x2

Level 9 - Upper Machinery Maintenance

Droids (G5) x2

Level 8 - Connecting Stairs

Clear

Level 7 - Operator Station

Aurel (LS11): 3/16 [BGu CL1 CH] [OGu BG] (2F)

Jung (G10): 1(1PR)/15 [GS ES DW] [WS] (1F)

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Operator droids x5

Level 6 - Cable Clusters

Droids (G5) x2

---

"We're not moving fast enough," Jung says, shying away from a burst of sparks when a laser bolt lands near him.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 09:49 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Yeah, I knew that. Now's probably the best time to continue our retreat. I'll swap the tapped Cleave for Bodyguard now that Jung's near me again, and take a swipe at the console before moving down a level.

Summary: Swap CL for BG, attack console and move to level 6

"You're right," Aurel says with a grimace while deflecting blaster bolts, "Get going, I'll follow you." As they move to drop to the next level, Aurel turns his saber towards the console the operating droids were working on, ready to stab into it and hopefully slow their workings before getting out.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 10:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I actually had incoming droids open fire during their move when they should not have on the last turn. Jung still takes his hit, but Aurel can have 2 Cleave points back.

Initiative goes to the droids with 1-6. And it is (at long last) a Refresh!

Six attacks on Jung and Aurel again. Jung tries a more evasive action by using Dodge & Weave, but still takes 3 damage (after your Balanced Guard Armor reductions). Three hits on you are absorbed by Cleave, and two more reduced by Balanced Guard, so you take just 3 damage.

You dismantle an operator droid and his station, to no noticable effect, before flipping down below the operator station. Jung follows, drawing a stun baton with a crackle.

---

AMBUSH IN THE FACTORIES, Start of Turn 17

Droids (G5) x2

Level 10 - Viewing Deck

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Operator droids x4

Level 6 - Cable Clusters

Aurel (LS11): 1(2A)/19 [BGu CH BG] [OGu CL] (2F)

Jung (C8): 1(1PR)/18 [GS WS DW] [ES] (1F)

Droids (G5) x2

Level 5 - Cable Clusters

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

----

More droids on the gangways below! Here you can see more cables clustered into bundles, leading up to the operator station. It all looks very jury-rigged and unsafe.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 03:56 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Hmm, those cables are very tempting targets, but the numbers are definitely against us right now.

Looks like I swapped out Cleave just in time! Not that I'm done swapping, mind you. I'll trade Balanced Guard for Orthodox Guard again; I think the added defense will work better with Jung's Parry than Armor would. We'll keep moving down, swiping at a droid as I pass.

Summary: Move to Level 5, attacking a droid. Swap BGu for OGu

"How long as this place been running?" Aurel thinks aloud as he spots another cluster of droids in their way, "there's so many of them!"

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 06:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

1-5, the droids continue laying fire down on you. With the way the numbers stand, you currently have ten droids firing at Aurel and another ten at Jung.

The shift back to Orthodox Guard's high Defense was wise. You still take 13 damage from a torrent of firepower coming your way, but most miss, particularly the droids firing from below. And with your defense of Jung, he only takes 3 damage from a good shot. The droids below you all miss; they don't have a clear shot and you are making a concerted effort to defend yourself.

You then take an opening in the laser fire to chop down the droid next to you and move down. Jung moves with you and actually smacks a droid with his stun baton upon arrival on the 5th level, frying its circuits and taking it out of the fight.

---

AMBUSH IN THE FACTORIES, Start of Turn 18

Droids (G5) x2

Level 10 - Viewing Deck

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Operator droids x4

Level 6 - Cable Clusters

Droid (G5) x1

Level 5 - Cable Clusters

Aurel (LS11): 1(2A)/32 [OGu CH BG] [BGu CL] (2F)

Jung (C8): 1(1PR)/18 [GS WS DW] [ES] (1F)

Droids (G5) x1

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Level 4- Lower Machinery Maintenance

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

----

Droids shooting from the entry point get a range penalty against you of one die.

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 20th, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 10:41 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

This is getting really hair, isn't it? Is there any way to get out of the line of fire from above that I can see?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 11:47 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You could try getting into the active machinery running on either side of you, which is a mess of piping and robot arms and conveyor belts and so on. That comes with its own dangers.

I forgot to add Level 4- there are four more droids beneath you, on Lower Machinery Maintenance. I have edited them in.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2013 11:51 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm reminded strongly of Episode 2 with that sentence. I don't know how well Jung would fare in something like that, so for now I'll keep pushing down, attacking a droid on my current level before the move. The less guns on us from above, the better.

Summary: Attack droid, move to level 4.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:45 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Do you want to bring in Cleave at all?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 08:46 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Kinda focused on guarding Jung. Then again, he is better off than I am. Sure, I'll swap Cleave with Bodyguard.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2013 09:13 PM
REXXXX
Networking

5-4 gives you Initiative.

You flourish your blade and chop down two droids before jumping down a level, while Jung follows and jabs at a droid next to your landing spot. It jolts and sparks and drops.

The droids are starting to follow you downward, shifting down the ramps and walkways and stairs in droves and constantly spraying lasers down on you. Everything around you is starting to burst and glow with the heat from repeated laser strikes.

Aurel has 13 attackers and takes 16 damage this time, while Jung taps Dodge & Weave and stays completely clear this turn.

---

AMBUSH IN THE FACTORIES, Start of Turn 19

Droids (G5) x2

Level 10 - Viewing Deck

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Operator droids x4

Level 6 - Cable Clusters

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Level 5 - Cable Clusters

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Level 4- Lower Machinery Maintenance

Aurel (LS11): 1(2A)/48 [OGu CH CL] [BGu BG] (2F)

Jung (C8): 1/18 [GS WS DW] [ES] (1F)

Droids (G5) x1

Droids (G5) x2

Level 3- Upper Loading Zone

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Droids (G5) x2

Level 2- Lower Loading Zone

Loader Droid A: 0

Loader Droid B: 0

Loader Droid C: 0

Loader Droid D: 0

Loader Droid E: 0 (inactive)

Level 1- Factory Floor

Droids (G5) x2

----

Now that you are on the lower levels, you can see down below you... that there are several hulking loader droids tromping around, carrying heavy equipment and junk metal. One of them is not moving.

Shots from the Entrance and Level 10 are now penalized by range.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 05:10 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Yeesh, I'm really feeling the pressure now. Can I see any kind of vehicle on the floor? Is there more machinery on either side like before or can I getting out of the line of fire on this floor?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 05:57 PM
REXXXX
Networking

As before, the machinery on either side of you comes with its own inherent risks, but it would provide you with some cover from the storm of lasers coming your way.

No sign of a vehicle anywhere.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 06:53 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Alright, I'm really unsure how we're going to get out of here, but mindlessly traveling down with guns at my back is obviously not helping things. I'll take my chances with the machinery and head sideways.

Summary: Attack droids and move out of line of fire.

Aurel could barely glance up as he swerved and tilted his saber to deflect the latest hail of blaster fire. His training was being put to the test, but he knew he couldn't last in these conditions. With a grimace, he whirls to slice through another set of droids before diving out of the stairwell. "This way!" he shouted to Jung as he moved towards the working gears and other machinery.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 07:29 PM
REXXXX
Networking

In the event the droids draw initiative, do you want to have an alternative plan for defending yourself? Things will look much better if you get it, but if you don't...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 07:45 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Tap Othordox Guard and Cleave again, I suppose. They only just refreshed, but if it's between not tapping and staying in the game, I'd rather tap.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 08:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That ends up being a wise decision, making a concerted effort to defend yourself! The droids bag Initiative. Jung spends his lone Fortune Point to untap Dodge & Weave and tap it again immediately. This time, 12 attacks on Aurel... are all ineffectual because, between the Defense and the Parry provided by Orthodox Guard, he is untouchable. His silver blade becomes a whirlwind of laser deflection before crashing through a pair of droids and scoring Aurel 10 Cleave counters.

You subsequently duck into a narrow access corridor, into the heat and noise of one of the major machines.

---

AMBUSH IN THE FACTORIES, Start of Turn 20

Level 4- Lower Machinery Maintenance (Machinery)

Aurel (LS11): 1(2A)/48 [OGu CL10 CH] [BGu BG] (2F)

Jung (C8): 1/18 [GS WS DW] [ES] (0F)

Level 4- Lower Machinery Maintenance (Center)

Droids (G5) x1

---

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 29th, 2013 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 08:31 PM