KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Family
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

That makes more sense than what I had in my head, at least.

Observation check.

"Given our recent experiences, I would assume this was some type of droid factory," Aurel says, walking over to the glowrod and picking it up, "though I'm much more interested in how and why it began churning out those mismatched monstrosities." He sweeps the rod around as returns to the officer, taking in the new area.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2012 11:42 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I don't know about that," Jung says. "If those droids had been made recently, we would have noticed the spike on the power grid. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to construct droids. That's why entire worlds are committed to it, if that is their export."

Jung looks up toward the hole you dropped in through, the last light of the melted metal fading as it cools off.

"We should keep moving."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 01:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

"Yet there were clearly some form of piecework for droids in storage. I recall one looked distinctly like a protocol droid. Another mystery to unravel," Aurel replies as he follows the officer's gaze, "I agree." He steps off into the dark of the factory, wanting to put as much distance between their impromptu escape hatch and the droids likely closing in.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 01:27 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We'd need to really look at what all these machines are," Jung says. "Are you any good with technical gumf?"

You move down the length of the room slowly, picking your way through the dark. You hear the clatter and clank of droids in the distance, but you sense no immediate danger now.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 01:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

It's possible for certain checks to be made based on attributes, yes? If so, I'd like to make a check to try and figure out the machines as we pass. Whatever Fix-it would be based off of.

_______

Aurel shakes his head, adding, "No. I've considered many topics of study, but actively researched few. Machinery would be among those not pursued." As he says this, he does find briefs periods during the slow progression to observe the machines.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 03:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It is sometimes permissible to make a roll using the stat alone, if you lack the skill. You only get successes on 6s and your pool is generally low.

However, you would need particular knowledge to determine what these massive machines are without seeing them in action.

"Dissecting machines with that great whopping sword of yours is more your thing," Jung says.

He nudges aside some scrap metal with a foot as he walks behind you.

"You think those droids were built here?"

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 03:36 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Oh wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I last checked in here! Sorry about that.

Steep stipulations, but understandable. If you haven't taken the time to learn something, how can you be expected to under things with relative ease?

_______

"An astute observation, officer," Aurel replies with a chuckle, his fingers resting along the hilt of his saber briefly. After a moment to consider the officer's question, he replies, "It is the popular theory in my mind thus far, though there are certainly other possibilities. Perhaps the droids were made elsewhere and shipped here for storage. If so, who would do so, and what resources would they have to lead to such oddly designed machines?"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2012 05:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed. It also helps give players certain roles in the group setting that this game is based on; for example, Jelena Bendu (played by Brit) has solidified her spot as the group's translator with her obscene Language score.

-

"We need proof for either theory," Jung says. "We're not going to be able to handle this ourselves, but if we can establish what's going on here, we can bring it back to my superiors and get this taken care of."

Jung thinks it would help to list some of the questions you want/need to answer here.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 04:02 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

That seems like good way to start figuring things out. I think a rather basic method could help early on, so let's focus on the classic words.

Who: would benefit, or have the ability, to either construct or ship droids to an abandoned factory on the Senate homeworld?

What: are the methods being used to create these droids?

When: did this all begin to result in such a large concentration by the time we arrived?

Where: are the droids coming from? Ties into the who questions, but really, they're not supposed to be here, but they are. From where, though?

Why: was the Corsucanti police or other investigative force unaware of things until now? Granted, they're surely busier with many other things, but is it possible this had been noticed before and been lost in communication?

How: will we be able to find a way to escape, which is actually something of a high priority despite it being the last question on this list? A lot of the questions leading up to this point can also be rephrased as how. How are the droids being constructed, and how are they being controlled? Obviously there is a central intelligence, but how did it get here and become functional?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 06:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Also rather important- how do you plan on getting all these answered?

Though obviously escaping to tell someone about this is rather important too.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 05:01 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I assumed that particular question was a given. smile

I suppose for now we can expand our search. Priority is still an escape route, but if we could perhaps find control room or somewhere to try and gather some information I don't see it as a waste of time.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 05:55 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"How do you plan on finding those things?" Jung asks.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 02:06 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'll be honest, I'm actually kinda stumped as to answering that question. Maybe one of the larger machines could lead to some kind of databank or something, but the way things are there's no telling if it would even be functional. Nor could I guarantee that Aurel could use it to find anything useful. Maybe Jung has a bit of technical know-how? These are my thoughts at the moment, and it's really the best I've been able to come up with.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 05:35 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Jung's technical know-how is limited. He's not exactly super-cop, you've noticed.

The problem is that all of the machinery on this level appears defunct or inactive. You need an active source of information.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2012 06:06 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Then at this point the only thing I can think of is to keep moving and look for something that might still be running. no expression

Old Post Nov 7th, 2012 12:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Jung will point out that you have already seen quite a few operational machines.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 04:46 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

laughing Point in case, then. So focused is Aurel on other studies, he's not entirely aware of working mechanical stuffs looks like. stick out tongue

So, that being the case, and because I have no real clue how else to proceed, let's try and see if we can gather some intelligence from the next working machine we come across. We should be far enough away that a moment can be spared of it.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 08:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

That isn't quite what Jung meant.

"The droids," Jung says. "They'd know what's going on."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 09:55 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Oh...that's a fair and simple assessment. Then we need to get our hands on a droid. Do we need a whole one though? ...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 10:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Lacking any real technical expertise, you would need an intact droid to interrogate.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2012 12:14 AM