KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Entropy Aegis vs Marvel Team

Entropy Aegis vs Marvel Team
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kevdude
The Hooded Man

AE takes it.

The Word

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 08:19 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I have three questions.

1. How does entropy affect someone outside of the influence of death on a physical level.

2. Was Rune King Thor immortal in the true sense? If so why would entropy affect him or Zeus for that matter?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 09:42 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Same way/reason nullification would kill them.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 09:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Same way/reason nullification would kill them.

But entropy is more or less meant to rot, or age correct? I don't recall the exact issue, but I believe that Thor resisted an entropic touch due to his ability to live for a very long time. It began to weaken him, but it took time. Zeus may not be affected at all, and as the Rune King, Thor's long life may have been become even longer. Nullification has a completely different meaning to it, which is to erase. Is there a possibility that these two may resist entropic forces as immortals?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 09:53 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Originally posted by Stoic
But entropy is more or less meant to rot, or age correct? I don't recall the exact issue, but I believe that Thor resisted an entropic touch due to his ability to live for a very long time. It began to weaken him, but it took time. Zeus may not be affected at all, and as the Rune King, Thor's long life may have been become even longer. Nullification has a completely different meaning to it, which is to erase. Is there a possibility that these two may resist entropic forces as immortals?

Entropy is a reorganization of energy, or everything in the universe. Thats what it does, for a higher purpose. It is not disorder or rot. No force can resist entropy.

The Word

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 10:05 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Read numbers 4 and 5.

en·tro·py (ntr-p)
n. pl. en·tro·pies
1. Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.
2. A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
3. A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.
4. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
5. Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 10:14 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by kevdude
Entropy is a reorganization of energy, or everything in the universe. Thats what it does, for a higher purpose. It is not disorder or rot. No force can resist entropy.

I'm not sure what comic writers use the word for. In Marvel entropy was used in the sense of matter rotting away. One of the Exemplars had such a touch. But even before this, Thor was hit with entropic forces, and as i said earlier, he was able to resist it, due to his long lived life. I don't mind being wrong, I just had to question whether an immortal could resist forces that destroyed matter on the level, that it was suggested to do in the couple of comics that I read. You get me?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 10:19 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

I'm not sure what comic writers use the word for. In Marvel entropy was used in the sense of matter rotting away. One of the Exemplars had such a touch. But even before this, Thor was hit with entropic forces, and as i said earlier, he was able to resist it, due to his long lived life. I don't mind being wrong, I just had to question whether an immortal could resist forces that destroyed matter on the level, that it was suggested to do in the couple of comics that I read. You get me?

Some people view it as rotting away while some don't, some view Entropy as change measuring the dispersal of energy or the amount of change in the system. Haven't seen Thor survive entropic forces, but I doubt he would survive given how AE and Imperiex was perceived.

http://entropysite.oxy.edu/entropy_isnot_disorder.html

cool

The Word

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 10:37 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Read numbers 4 and 5.

en·tro·py (ntr-p)
n. pl. en·tro·pies
1. Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.
2. A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
3. A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.
4. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
5. Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.
Now that we know the real world definition, lets look at what entropy has done in the fictional world of comics. smile

"This destructive force is working its way back through the timestream--simultaneously wiping out time and space.":
(please log in to view the image)

"It seems that entire segments of time--and the universe--are being destroyed.":

"All-consuming, destructive entropy has been unleashed, crushing every shred of matter in existence.":

"The entire universe ceases to exist. All energy is gone. There are no witnesses alive, no one to tell the tale.":

Time, space, matter, energy... Reality itself. Erased on a universal+ scale by entropy. If that isn't equivalent to Marvel's nullification, then I don't know what is.

So yeah, no one on the team is tanking entropy. Sorry.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 10:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Galan i don't believe you

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 10:48 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You don't have to believe me, but at least believe DC.

Gay boy.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 10:49 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

thumb up Nice Galan. Here is some more! Entropy is linked from the Beginning of Time to the End and its power is felt everywhere!

The universe is born old from its release!

The universe losing potentially billions of years of life as it floods the early universe.

The Word

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 11:29 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Galan007
Now that we know the real world definition, lets look at what entropy has done in the fictional world of comics. smile

"This destructive force is working its way back through the timestream--simultaneously wiping out time and space.":

"It seems that entire segments of time--and the universe--are being destroyed.":

"All-consuming, destructive entropy has been unleashed, crushing every shred of matter in existence.":

"The entire universe ceases to exist. All energy is gone. There are no witnesses alive, no one to tell the tale.":

Time, space, matter, energy... Reality itself. Erased on a universal+ scale by entropy. If that isn't equivalent to Marvel's nullification, then I don't know what is.

So yeah, no one on the team is tanking entropy. Sorry.

Sorry about that man, got really busy. Anyways I can dig it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2012 11:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Cool beans. thumb up

Old Post Sep 5th, 2012 02:49 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Thor does a lot sh1t he isn't supposed to do . But anyways , during Galactus' first encounter with the Mad Celestials , the radiation leaking out from their battle caused an entire Kree armada to make a run for it .

Yet during a similar battle on Earth , the human witnesses were watching it as if it was an action-packed movie in an amphitheater .

Comic book inconsistencies are common , and they often suck .

Old Post Sep 5th, 2012 03:04 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Entropy Aegis takes it 10/10, the only real threat is Rune Thor

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:39 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote