KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » New Star Wars Film Series - nominate some directors

New Star Wars Film Series - nominate some directors
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I think Ridley Scott would be a likely prospect. He doesn't sound too busy with future movies.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 01:18 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

scorcese

/thread

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 01:18 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Brad Bird.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Not that they'd go for it, but I'd not mind a Paul Verhoeven take on a Star Wars film.

Are you hankering for gore and R-rated action in a Star Wars movie? Plus, Verhoeven's default setting is smirking satire. He shot Starship Troopers through a lens of subtle satire; he didn't really take the premise of fascism-makes-a-better-society seriously. Which is why the Troopers uniforms looked not unlike the Wehrmacht & high ranking Nazis. He would mock the Jedi philosophy, too.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 04:05 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by roughrider
Are you hankering for gore and R-rated action in a Star Wars movie? Plus, Verhoeven's default setting is smirking satire. He shot Starship Troopers through a lens of subtle satire; he didn't really take the premise of fascism-makes-a-better-society seriously. Which is why the Troopers uniforms looked not unlike the Wehrmacht & high ranking Nazis. He would mock the Jedi philosophy, too.

"I'd buy that for a credit!"

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

me... lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 06:12 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Screenwriter's been picked.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Good choice, IMO

Old Post Nov 11th, 2012 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Jedi Sheriff
If I absolutly had to pick someone now, it would be Peter Jackson.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2012 10:10 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Confirmed today that Brad Bird won't be in the running. sad Oh well. Plenty to choose from. It'll probably be someone we don't expect.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I think thy will be hard pressed to find someone who is talented wants to do it.

Most of them been like "I ain't touching that"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2012 03:48 AM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Another good choice I would say is Robert Zemeckis. Good story telling directing (Back to the future trilogy) and he is a sci fi guy

Old Post Nov 26th, 2012 08:54 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Kevin Smith, Peter Jackson, John Mctirean (don't think he is doing anything anymore)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2012 07:24 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

As long as it's not Michael Bay or Zack Snyder.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 08:36 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

whats wrong with zack snyder?

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 08:56 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

People haven't recovered from Sucker Punch yet, since it was his last film and it sucked shit covered balls.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Jon Favreau apparently has his hand up. Look at his twitter account, and you see an R2 unit painted like Iron Man. Foreshadowing...?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 10:38 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
People haven't recovered from Sucker Punch yet, since it was his last film and it sucked shit covered balls.

and michael arndt did xmen last stand, yet everyone did a group fanboy squeel when he was added.

when man of steel comes out and wows everyone, the same people will be like "omg zack snyder pwns, brah"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 11:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by focus4chumps
and michael arndt did xmen last stand, yet everyone did a group fanboy squeel when he was added.

when man of steel comes out and wows everyone, the same people will be like "omg zack snyder pwns, brah"

Probably, yes.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 01:27 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by focus4chumps

Michael Arndt did Toy Story 3; Simon Kinberg did X3. Whatever issues that film had were only because Fox was railroading the project through without pause, even though directors were coming and going.

Zack Snyder has directed five films to date; the first one (Dawn Of The Dead) was a remake, the following three were direct page to screen adaptions of graphic novels and children's illustrated books (300, Watchmen, Legend Of the Guardians), and when he did an original script of his own it proved to be his biggest failure to date (Sucker Punch.) So no, he hasn't earned my trust yet. We have only the trailer to show us he's being a good boy in the straightjacket Christopher Nolan fitted for him, and we will get a good modern take on Superman that will not be confused with 'Zack Snyder's Superman', instead.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 04:34 AM