KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spawn Reboot

Spawn Reboot
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, example: Ryan Reynolds' CG Green Lantern suit looked very bad.

Well it was suppose to be a CG suit, It based on Geoff Johns's Green Lantern: Rebirth

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The question is, how relevant is Todd Mcfarlane these days?
I mean his Spawn series proved that he was a great artist but lousy writer....

Just wondering when was the last time you read his Spawn series, i don't mean his more recent work with it

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
[B]That's an awesome idea, actually. Yeah, he would rock. Is the character black in the comic? Just wondering if that's why they went with the black actor..

Yes he's a black character

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 05:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Kazenji

Just wondering when was the last time you read his Spawn series, i don't mean his more recent work with it

Haven't read Spawn in years. I honestly don't even know if it's still in publication. I think after the 1st 20 issues, I got bored with Macfarlane's writing, enjoyed a couple of issues where he had guest-writers then kinda lost interest....that's over 10 years ago.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 05:36 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Haven't read Spawn in years. I honestly don't even know if it's still in publication. I think after the 1st 20 issues, I got bored with Macfarlane's writing, enjoyed a couple of issues where he had guest-writers then kinda lost interest....that's over 10 years ago.

Yeah its still going

for me even after the 20th issue it was still fairly good and i've only got Volumes 1 & 2 with the collections.

Last edited by Kazenji on Nov 13th, 2012 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 05:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CowardlyBlakMan

Spawn? Alot of better movies out there to remake, lol

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 06:35 AM
CowardlyBlakMan is currently offline Click here to Send CowardlyBlakMan a Private Message Find more posts by CowardlyBlakMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xtinataguba

I think the 1997 live-action movie was totally freakin' awesome!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 09:37 AM
xtinataguba is currently offline Click here to Send xtinataguba a Private Message Find more posts by xtinataguba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by xtinataguba
I think the 1997 live-action movie was totally freakin' awesome!

^This.
When I was a kid I recorded it on vhs and watched it daily must have seen it like 70-80 times.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 09:34 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That was the same with me back then

but now when i see all that CGI in hell it just looks dodgy.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 04:10 AM
super pr*xy

every cgi shot looks dodgy.. especially in HD.. i just saw this again on cable.. free trial..

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 09:43 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah I watched it not too long ago, and the CGI heavy scenes wouldn't even be tolerable in a video game these days.

Also Micheal Jai White is awesome and if you need martial arts ba stuff or intimidating guy he is great but as an actor he is only middle of the field.

It shows in Spawn with a lot of more acting heavy scenes. Which to me it's an important to have a guy who can act cause a lot of Spawn's epicness comes from his torment as much as his BA factor.

With a lot of lessons learned from early attempts at comic book movies a spawn reboot would probably be way better today than the 97 one was.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 12:46 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If they could make it like the toon and get an R rating instead of a PG-13 so stupid little kids can see it I would give it a chance...And McFarlane is a douchebag. Always has been always will be.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 10:00 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Never even seen the cartoon when it was out, Unless it never got shown in Australia.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 01:19 AM
Flyattractor

There were some toons on Youtube but not all of them.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 04:20 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Never even seen the cartoon when it was out, Unless it never got shown in Australia.
I saw ten minutes of it. My dad rented Spawn thinking it was the live action version and it was the cartoon instead. Needless to say my dad turned it off rather quickly when he discovered his error stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 4th, 2012 12:19 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Some more news from Todd McFarlane

quote:
McFarlane says that there is an Academy Award winning actor just waiting to get a script on the project

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/whi...upcoming-reboot

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 09:21 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. I'm not a big Cuba Gooding fan, but hey, if he wants it and will get it made, then god bless 'im.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 11:29 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Denzel Washington would be different, He hasn't done one of these comic book movies.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 11:33 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Denzel would be much better.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 11:51 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Denzel is a great actor and just by association he makes a movie better.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 03:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Watch it. The first season dragged a bit but in the end it was as edgy as a dark superhero show gets.

And to illustrate my earlier point. There is no way the censors would have allowed a live action version of that anime onto the public. Especially considering the money involved to make the film/films.

I liked the original movie, but then I like watching old fashioned films with their cheesy SFX. And michael jai white did a great job as he tends to do.

I hope they make a new spawn soon. With MJW reprising the role. Denzel is a bad idea. Maybe it's just because I just saw Flight, he's looking too old for such a role.

Last edited by the ninjak on Feb 18th, 2013 at 03:38 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 03:34 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Black action stars are virtually non existant
So Mjw would probably be their choice

Whatever hapened to that djimon hounsou
He would be a good spawn

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2013 03:47 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote