KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » The New TEEN TITANS! (ooc)

The New TEEN TITANS! (ooc)
Started by: starryknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (98): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
starryknight

Join us O.o

And thanks fox I'll go check it out! big grin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 11:33 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedireaper
So this I hear, is where all the action is (what minute amount of it there is), but I get that 'people are avoiding me' feeling?

I willing to kickstart hazmat, but with just the two of us and a majority of the set up...yeah...I'm also just having issues with RP in general, as you may have noticed in the star wars stuff.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Feb 17th, 2013 11:40 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Name: Oliver "Olli" Sabel

Power(s): Molecular Immobilization. Oliver has the uncanny ability to stop molecular motion so that objects, people, and even energy discharges instantly freeze in place.

Weaknesses: Oliver's power is concentrated through his hands and he must physically gesture to activate his power. If his hands were clasped together or somehow non-functional, Oliver would, in essence, be rendered powerless.

The mass of an object seems to be no restriction on his power. Instead, the limitation of his freezing power appears to be determined by the size of the area, and he can freeze anything in the area of effect. The exact limitation has yet to be been determined. Indoors, however, Oliver is limited by the room he is in. He can freeze objects in the same room and cannot freeze anything outside the room, unless he has an unobstructed path to those objects, such as through an open door or window.

Oliver's ability to stop molecular movement is inexplicably attached to emotional triggers. Panic induced situations which enact a fear response or whenever startled will cause Oliver's power to activate against his will. This can be expected to lessen over time and with more experience with the use of his power.

Another limitation of Oliver's ability is a time-limit. Objects he freezes eventually regain their mobility on their own, usually after several seconds. This is another aspect of his power that is assumed to become a non-issue with practice.

Certain entities/objects are resistant or immune to his freezing ability such as entities with superspeed or objects that induce superspeed, entities/objects that can change their molecular state such as water-based powers or objects*, shapeshifters and entities/objects that can phase.

*Note: Oliver can still freeze ice powers or objects as they are a solid form. Unless the user can manipulate the ice to change into mist or water, ice is susceptible to Oliver's freeze.

Skills/Abilities: None at the moment.

Personality: Oliver can be described as fun-loving, adventurous, friendly, playful, flirtatious, caring, determined, sensible, understanding, compassionate, strong-willed, naive, sensitive, stubborn, insecure, over-zealous, self-absorbed, whiney, opportunistic, impatient, pushy, jealous, and emotional.

Bio: Oliver Sabel, or Olli, as he likes to be called, does not have an extensive background. He was born in Düsseldorf, North Rhine–Westphalia, in west Germany. His family, which consists of his computer technician father and his horse trainer mother, relocated to West Coast City/Jump City after Oliver's father got a job at Star Labs when Oliver was 4 years old. They have been living there ever since.

Oliver discovered his power to stop molecules from moving when he was a freshman in high school. He was being bullied by older kids and as one of the bullies was getting ready to punch him, Olli raised his hands in defense and saw the entire scene freeze before his very eyes. He wasted no time in fleeing.

He kept his abilities to himself, even when news of all of the superheroes and villians were going on all over the world. He eventually got a job as a receptionist at the very same Star Labs where his father stills works as a computer technician.

Appearance: (please log in to view the image)

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 12:56 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Originally posted by The Big O

The mass of an object seems to be no restriction on his power. Instead, the limitation of his freezing power appears to be determined by the size of the area, and he can freeze anything in the area of effect. The exact limitation has yet to be been determined. Indoors, however, Oliver is limited by the room he is in. He can freeze objects in the same room and cannot freeze anything outside the room, unless he has an unobstructed path to those objects, such as through an open door or window.

xD You copied this paragraph from Wikipedia on Piper Halliwell! YOUR A MALE WITCH! -spaz giggles-

I recognized it cause I watch Charmed all the time on Netflix. One of my fav shows.

Also nice addition of saying Ice is frozen too. But I already mentioned her ice isnt actual ice. she is already frozen so to speak and I would usually fight that it wouldnt work on her stick out tongue but i will let it go since you took your powers from one of my fav shows and I already know how to get around it.

Last edited by Scarlet Fox on Feb 18th, 2013 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 02:23 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised that someone knew of the show besides me. laughing out loud I'm a little embarrassed that I've been caught copying and pasting. But, yeah. Piper was always my favorite character and her powers were always impressive to me. Cool points for noticing that big grin

On the other hand, Olli isn't a witch and I didn't include ice powers being froze by his powers because of anyone's powers. It just makes sense that someone who can generate and manipulate ice and NOT water unless specifically stated would be vulnerable to Olli's powers seeing as ice consists of molecules that aren't constantly moving, unlike they are in water. It was nothing personal.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 02:54 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Well with what you said in mind can you freeze whats already frozen? You stop the movment of Molecules. But Snow is already stopped. So would she be affected? Not trying to worm my way out of your persons abilities I am actually now seriously curious. Water is constantly moving so there are moving molecules to stop. But with Ice, any ice, those Molecules are already frozen, though mainly within itself. I can not even think of a Charmed Episode where Piper Freezes Ice. Possibly to avoid this very type of conversation.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 03:08 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

That's an extremely good point which I have no answer for. Then again, if Snow, (your character, I'm assuming because I didn't read through the characters) is made of ice and therefore their molecules are already frozen, how can the character move around and breathe and things of the such?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 03:42 AM
starryknight

Accepted O and btw who doesn't know about Charmed, it was my favorite show for a long time... Whike reading you powers I thought Piper and half expected him to be able to accelerate molecules too lol.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 03:43 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Well if some super beings can become fully engulfed in flame why do they not burn to ash? That is a question muddled in Comic book logic. Snow doesnt make Ice by freezing the moisture in the air. She pulls it from herself. There is nothing she is actually 'Freezing' to make the spikes she generates. This is the same reason why StarrKnights 'Villian', I assume, cant alter or control her ice because it technically isnt made from water, though that is just with what she pulls from herself. Water she freezes is still water and not from herself... I know I sidetracked in the topic but just in case StarrKnight was wondering this as well I figured I would add that.

In Marvel IceMan can turn himself into Ice yet he still moves fine. Though honestly I am sure he still breaths.

Originally posted by starryknight
Accepted O and btw who doesn't know about Charmed, it was my favorite show for a long time... Whike reading you powers I thought Piper and half expected him to be able to accelerate molecules too lol.

Yeah I thought so too but I am sure we all have ideas for our powers to 'Advance'. Even Piper didnt know how to Accelerate molecues until a few seasons in. There was even a comic of the show and she found that she could make the Molecules 'Vibrate' and thus burst into flames.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 03:54 AM
The Big O
The Original O

Yeah, you're right about comic book logic. I don't know what or how to get around it. We'll just cross that bridge when and if we get there. But the power advancement is a given but I want to do it right and it wont happen for a while.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 04:13 AM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Of course the Advancement is make them move faster. There is no dout in my mind that would work on Snow. So THAT we dont need to worry about at all.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 04:19 AM
starryknight

*cough*Phoenix*cough* just kidding...or am I. O.o

Oh and just a heads up Kat is going to kick butt, she and Victoria are not going to be push overs.

Last edited by starryknight on Feb 18th, 2013 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 04:38 AM
MadMel
Heh

Making character concepts on the fly ftw.
Noticed you don't really have a tanky character. wink

Name : Kazim Nealson

Alias : Vex

Powers :
Super Strength: Despite being a kid of average size, Vex's strength is overwhelming. On top of being able to bench press vehicles, Vex can also jump extremely high and far and land with reasonable accuracy.

Super durability: Vex's endurance matches his strength. Anything that can penetrate his skin only serves to make him angry, and his pain threshold is extremely high.

Rage: While being angry does not increase Vex's strength or endurance (the opposite, actually), he is able to manifest his rage in physical form - usually a fiery aura that surrounds his body, but through other effects as well. These effects only last a few seconds at the absolute most, and include the following -
- Flight/Hovering
- Super Speed (given the temporary nature of this power, it looks like he's teleporting)
- Tactile Combustion (anything he hits explodes XD - or at the very least gets lit on fire)
- Protective Aura - The fiery aura surrounding his body adds another layer of defense. It also protects his clothing from any damage while fighting. (convenient wink )

Weaknesses : Becoming angry makes Vex lose focus, and thus his strength and durability are slightly reduced. He also has no protection from telepathy or magic.

Skills/abilities : As the adopted son of a martial arts master and being a former junior kickboxing champion, Vex has refined fighting skills and advanced reflexes/hand-eye coordination. He is also fairly acrobatic and flexible, but not super-humanly so.
His education has been patchy, but despite this he is fairly intelligent. He is, however, at a loss when it comes to technology.

Personality : Vex wears a mask of calm at all times, but is in reality is a very angry person. Since his anger is the cornerstone of his powers, he has learned to control and disguise it effectively. He places loyalty and the protection of others above all else, and any that spit on those values in his presence will pay dearly. Having had no real friends, Vex is sometimes awkward and formal when speaking to others.

Bio : Kazim's parents are unknown. He was found as an infant at the doors of a reclusive martial arts dojo. Left with little choice, the master of the dojo raised the child the only way he new how. In time, Kazim's power began to reveal itself, but with his adoptive father's guidance, the young man was able to bring his incredible strength under control. Needless to say, from this point on, all training sessions had to take place outside, lest the dojo be destroyed.
In time, the master decided that it was safe for Kazim to receive a proper education, and sent to the nearest school. Kazim's time at school was uneventful. No one dared to pick a fight with the son of the martial arts master outside of the ring, and no one lasted long against him inside it. He was for the most part generically popular, but invisible at the same time.
There comes a time, however, when all good things come to an end. Kazim returned to the dojo one night to find it hand been torn apart. Everything had been upturned and broken. The master, who had raised Kazim like his own son, was sent to hospital for multiple gunshot wounds, which he eventually succumbed to. Apparently the shooter had been a common thief, but it didn't really matter. The young man's life was over.
Kazim returned to the dojo, where he finally gave in to his anger, and razed everything to the ground. He emerged from the wreckage, vowing revenge for his father's death against all criminals, while still trying to live by the master's teachings.
from this point on, Kazim Nealson ceased to exist, and Vex was born.

Appearance : Vex stand just under 6 ft tall, and has an athletic slim body which perfectly disguises his real strength. Brown haired and blue eyed, he often wears black cargo pants, running shoes and a tee shirt.

I know the bio was boring and cheesy, but the best I can think of. stick out tongue

Last edited by MadMel on Feb 18th, 2013 at 08:18 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 08:14 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Oh gorramit, Mel! There goes my other character concept. XD You jerk!

Edit: *actually reads it* ...Okay, maybe not, but still...ugh, this is taking me forever and I don't know why. no expression

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 10:36 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Of what I've seen (Which is the title and a few words) XD I like it. Someone message me and tell me if this is still going on. I'll check back in later today and if I get a reply saying that this is still active, I'll hop in. Last I saw, we weren't too active so I didn't rp here much. If we're back to it, so am I, if that's okay.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 01:58 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Mel accepted, Xan get you butt in gear, and Phoenix it would be awesome to have you join. smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 06:35 PM
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Originally posted by Phoenix3068
Of what I've seen (Which is the title and a few words) XD I like it. Someone message me and tell me if this is still going on. I'll check back in later today and if I get a reply saying that this is still active, I'll hop in. Last I saw, we weren't too active so I didn't rp here much. If we're back to it, so am I, if that's okay.

YAY! MORE PEOPLE! With so many people in the RP threads now I might have to start my own rp! =D

-Sits on Stars head-

I would need acomplices... -ponders-

But Right now I am into this one. I might even make me a second character since I like to have two which in turn makes my posts BIG BIGG BIGGER!....

Enhance your calm.. o.o

Edit: Lek! Dont forget about that RP in Hosted you were trying toi put on. Me, Xan, and Phoenix were into it.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2013 08:49 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I'll post when I go on lunch break today, sorry for the delay.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 01:01 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Mu apologies as well. I'll post after Lek posts. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 01:34 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Hmm how far away is the location? I'd have Asima ask and act accordingly but with characters already getting there I don't want to hold up the other one if it would mess up time and all that.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 05:48 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote