KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
Started by: starryknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Kim Kil Whan is a perfect example of modern business practice. Jake's explanation of "history is written by the victors" was pretty good too.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 01:23 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

This week's episode is probably my favorite Season 6 episode so far.

It was nice how Jake explained the concept of laws in a subtle way.

Also, I loved how they showed Jake's carefree attitude and ignorance in contrast to KKW's businessman-like attitude.

My young nephew was laughing throughout the episode. He didn't even notice the deeper meanings.
It's unbelievable how the scriptwriters and the animators were able to mask the deeper parts with the funny elements.

This episode was just too real.

God, how I love this show.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2014 07:31 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

So many good new characters, even if their screen time will only net them the B-List. I'm kinda glad that all the wizardy-type folk that Finn and Jake have encountered over time [SPOILER - highlight to read]: have their own secret club now. I might've laughed a little too hard at that poor bus, though.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 08:23 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Giuseppe is the character that I loved/hated the most in that episode. And when I say hate, I don't mean I hate him as he's without a doubt one of the coolest things to ever come out of AT. What I hate is how they teased us with him, didn't tell us nearly enough, then he just POOF's.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 09:16 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So uh, Marceline openly walked around during the day for a large part of this episode.

Someone made a whoopsie.

Also I didn't really like it. Too much petty, irresponsible bullshit. I understand that was the point, but they nearly seriously hurt people multiple times and did hurt them moderately quite a bit.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 11:40 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So Marceline's voice actress just stated in an interview that Pen Ward said PB and Marcy used to date.

So that's cool.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 12:18 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I'm glad that was finally confirmed. It's clear from the sexual tension that something went on or still is going on between them.

It's good that he's not afraid to push his show in far off weird directions(not that this is weird), but an actual lesbian couple in a cartoon? Gods yes.

Also, on the new episode. F*cking Pep Butts man.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 03:34 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

That's some heavy stuff, calling on Horus. Classic evil tactic from Peppermint Butler.

Anyone else think there's going to be an eventual confrontation between Candy Kingdom and Fire Kingdom? I'm sure Flame Princess hasn't forgiven Bubblegum for messing with her.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 09:40 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED! O_O

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 01:34 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Mind = BLOWN.

Btw, what the hell was that monster? Looks like it came from Hell or Nightosphere or some other dimension.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 03:18 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 09:46 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

There's speculation that PB and Marcy may have had an intimate relationship together.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 09:56 PM
KingD19

They definitely act like it. Ex-GF's who remained really close friends.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 09:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
So Marceline's voice actress just stated in an interview that Pen Ward said PB and Marcy used to date.

So that's cool.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 10:07 PM
Scythe
The Goat

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED! O_O

Wha?! Which episode?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 08:40 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Jake's birth reveal.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 08:47 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Basically canon now:

(please log in to view the image)

It was also revealed that Finn's real name is Finnberly.

Oh and also dang that new episode, PB is freaking nuts.

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 5th, 2014 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 07:27 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Oh and also dang that new episode, PB is freaking nuts.

"Eh"

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 09:27 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well I mean it was dubiously justified, but it was still super dark. Flame citizens died. The fight was badass though.

Also I forgot to mention that it was also heavily implied in that comic that future PB and Marceline got married. So that's cool.

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 6th, 2014 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 03:09 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Oh but completely agree, PB is showing those sides that were only touched upon before. Worse yet that she herself agrees.

Really? I thought it was stated/strongly hinted in the comic that their whole connection was formed because of something during their band phase? (?)

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 11:18 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote