KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
Started by: starryknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I love these 'PB is slightly crazy' episodes.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 03:36 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I love that Tree Trunks is apparently an exhibitionist.

And her mom is hilarious.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 03:37 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Wedding was cool.

Finn's new sword is ****ing amazing.

Rattleballs is OP.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 09:44 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well I guess if you were created as a highly dangerous lethal combatant and did nothing but train every day for 10 years, you'd be OP too, lol.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2014 10:00 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

CB cruised through Finn like a smooth Casanova lol

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 12:16 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wow, CB just schooled Finn. As a hero and a person.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 08:14 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Courage the Cowardly Dog was everything Finn and Jake wishes it could be.

Better artwork too.

That's what I say, I know they have nothing to do with each other. Just my opinion.

That show aggravates me.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2014 02:27 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

I see what you did thar.

Betty was pretty cool, but it really needed to be a two-parter imo.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2014 01:12 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

It doesn't surprise in the least to know that PB has suicide gum. Poor Johnny, though. sad

Old Post Mar 5th, 2014 09:58 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sooooo........ Phlannel Boxingray was totally PB in disguise imo. He spoke german, mentioned treaties and I think he talked about inventions at some point. Him mentioning Zanoits is a dead giveaway, It was Peebs.

Lemonhope was kind of a big douche. I guess he is a lemon but he was still a selfish ass.

Those dreams were super surreal. I don't really get what they all mean but I think I'll read what other people thought.

I don't even wanna think about that last scene. PB's eternal empire..... sad

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 11th, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 10:55 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Yeah, fairly obvious, though it worked well for what needed to be done.

He was the reluctant savior. Was pretty clear how that was going to turn out, and he at least did go back, even if it took that nudge.

I don't have the brain function to try and dissect each dreamscape right now, but over all it seemed like it Lemonhope was struggling with the trauma he faced as a prisoner in Lemon kingdom, and "guest" in the candy kingdom. Really drove his desire for freedom.

Damn, that tree got huge. The look of the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: abandoned candy metropolis as it seemed to turn out was an interesting parallel with the advancement of industrialization, I thought.

Also interesting how the lemon kingdom didn't really change over all that time, either.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 11:52 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

PB's beautiful Lemonhope song. Spoilers.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 03:12 PM
starryknight

Aw PB was super cute at the end, we need more of the old cute PB she's too war hungry she's like the Jaina Prroudmoore of Ooo. The ending scenes of the future made me sad, however, makes me wonder what could have happened and what are the ageless characters doing if they survived. Maybe Bonnibel gave up the kingdom to wander around with Marceline hehe. And we saw Finn reincarnate a few times, maybe he wouldn't be truly gone one thousand years later, SO MANY QUESTIONS WITH NO ANSWERS!!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 04:46 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Preview for the next episode. Careful, theres a jump scare 19 seconds in.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 12:29 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

If nothing else can be said about this series, it's certainly maturing with age. Not that it hasn't always had some pretty mortifying concepts running through it, but they seem to be coming more to the forefront as time goes on.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 12:49 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I seriously wouldn't even classify it as a kids show anymore. Its obviously aimed at teens or college guys.

I've actually been kind of depressed about Lemonhope all day. Not even really about the ending, but about the concepts the episode brings up and the whole thing really. Just kinda bummed me out.

Also, rewatching some scenes, Lemonhope really was a dick. Like when he starts poking the owl and knocks its water over for kicks, then kicks a birds nest with eggs in it off some rocks. And then he completely didn't care about a village being on fire. His whole concept of freedom was just an excuse for selfishness. Rather telling is how great he thinks the pirate ship is that almost certainly just raided the village and set it on fire. And then after he's stranded he can't admit that freedom kind of bites when you have no one helping you. Throughout his life his freedom relied on other people, from PB and the lemon citizens helping him escape to Phlannel rescuing him (after which he still insists he's free, despite being completely reliant on Phlannel) and at the end he only beats Lemongrab because Lemongrab 2 and the other lemon citizens do most of the work.

And yet Lemonhope is still a selfish ass the whole way through.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 01:05 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Well, he is a lemon. I think the only lemonkind that actually had a real heart was Lemonjon, and he made one hell of a sacrifice.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 01:24 AM
starryknight

I like how he was selfish even though I don't like Lemonhope. It shows a different kind of character that we haven't seen in Adventure Time, Finn is selfless most the times and always does what he thinks is right. Lemonhope saved his people to save himself in the end Lemongrab was defeated and the lemon people were free, regardless of Lemonhope being only about himself.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 05:03 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

So I'm all caught up.

Seems like there is a lot more direct continuity between episodes now, Where before the connections were in the background and somewhat subtle, recently stuff has been getting really overt, with characters mentioning past events and quite a few things tying together. I kind of like it a bit more, though the downside is that with more continuity, you have to actually follow the episodes. I can't just skip around in any order anymore, ha.

Granted, I'm pretty sure sure this was already happening before the "Finn the Human" episodes but I just marathon'd 30 episodes back to back so I really started to notice it.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 03:44 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Yeah, it's definitely taken a significantly linear progression over time, though they do still have the occasional non-sequitur. My hope is that those moments will be the building blocks to major events further down. Kind of like what Oda did with the early chapters of One Piece, showing old enemies as they progress outside of the main plot arc before being brought into the story again.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 03:50 AM