KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If you were a writer...

If you were a writer...
Started by: JayDaDon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
I suspended my disbelief at Lois getting an untreatable cancer [alien cancer etc.], but Superman 'not feeling like fighting for truth and justice' or killing one of his villains lost me.

I said "accidentally". Besides, I wanted to see what it would be like to see Superman get truly depressed.

Fair enough, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 01:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Philosophía
Damborgson would make Pak go "Dude, tone it down".

laughing out loud

they'd both get some feats to talk about, but I'd care more about the story than the feats.

For 5 decades (in our years anyway) Thor and Hulk have been going at it. A comic where they finally let everything go and fought it out to the death, a warriors death, good art, emotional connections with the readers, would do well I think.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 01:54 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

The entire premise sounds like it's sole purpose is to put them in a comic book versus forum type scenario. Where is the actual emotional connection or story?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 02:01 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Blair Wind
The entire premise sounds like it's sole purpose is to put them in a comic book versus forum type scenario. Where is the actual emotional connection or story?

Sorry if I gave you that impression. The "VS" aspect is the part I like best about it. But it's deeper than that.

Here's what happens after the Juggy/Hulk fight and Gladiator/Thor fight:

Now that Beyonder has confirmed his interest in them (searched their minds for some of their most challenging opponents) he sifts deeper into their souls. He looks at the emotions they felt during their battles throughout their respective histories. He notices that though the Hulk and Thor fought constantly, after every fight (most of which were inconclusive) the two craved another. He noticed the fear in Hulk's heart after he realized what Thor could do (flasback to Hulk annual #25). Hulk feared Thor opening the heaves on him just as much as Thor feared Hulk's physical might overshadowing his own (flashback to Thor #385). Of course neither of the two expressed the fear outwardly, as it was deep inside themselves. Beyonder keeps sifting through them, looks at their hearts, sees nobility in Thor, pride, a genuine good nature. But buried in another level of Thor's being is something else that the Beyonder can't quite recognize, when he tries to force his mind into it, he's rebuked. He can't identify it, but it makes him take caution.

So instead of digging deeper into Thor, he takes a look through the Hulk's soul. He sees the world through his earlier primitive "savage" days. He feels the shouts of fear, the scorn and persecution. He sees the destruction caused by his rampages but feels compassion instead of looking down on him. He looks at his experiences on Sakaar and the way his mind gained structure to it. In a sense, he turns into a Hulk fanboy lol. He's fascinated by both and sees that they huge differences they have, both want the same thing from the other. One last glorious battle to end the doubt in their minds. Both want to win and both are excited by the thought that they might not.

That's when Beyonder starts creating the planet for them to fight on.

I'm still writing the fight and end result, so I won't reveal to much about it, but I'll post it once it's done.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 03:17 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote