KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Last Good Marvel Event?

Last Good Marvel Event?
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Definitely Annihilation. I cannot recall the last Marvel event where the tie-in issues/minis were just as good as the series itself.

Imo, Annihilation was a good as an event can get.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 15th, 2013 06:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I haven't gotten around to rereading Shadowland yet but Mutant Massacre and Fall of The Mutants, which along with all the preludes and sidebars really can be seen as one massive crossover arc, is pretty incredible and under-appreciated, even if it is kind of three different stories and some sidebars with some common themes, especially with the new trades. I mean it starts with the X-Men after just having had the shit kicked out of them by Nimrod and the Hellfire Club get hurt even worse by the Marauders to the point of going on the run across the country from them with X-Factor being hurt even worse on the inside and out. It ends with the X-Men sacrificing themselves to save reality while X-Factor scores the biggest PR victory for mutants ever by beating Apocalypse and his Horsemen over Central Park.
Meanwhile, Daredevil, Captain America, Power Pack and Thor have to clean up all their messes and collateral damage.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post May 16th, 2013 04:59 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Definitely Annihilation. I cannot recall the last Marvel event where the tie-in issues/minis were just as good as the series itself.

Imo, Annihilation was a good as an event can get.

thumb up

It lacked just a little something I can't put my finger on, but it was 99% there

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post May 16th, 2013 12:39 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Annihilation all the way.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 16th, 2013 at 06:59 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2013 06:50 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2013 07:13 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Annihilation was lightning in a bottle imo. It's too bad that Joe Q was so street level oriented as EIC because (anecdotally) that series brought a lot of people back to comics who had all but abandoned the medium. Pretty much nothing will ever top it.

"Infinity" may or may not be good, but one thing for sure is if it all plays out with him seeking ultimate power etc again, it would mean Thanos ultimately had to go through a character regression in order to make it happen. That's no bueno IMO.

Last edited by dmills on May 25th, 2013 at 06:07 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2013 05:59 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote