KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Parallax vs Galactus

Parallax vs Galactus
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Parallax vs Galactus

Deathmatch in the solar system.
Who takes it?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 12:19 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Parallax actually has feats so i'll go with him

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 04:51 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Parallax via default.

Even if the Surfer's power was more.......extreme.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 05:54 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

smoke against smoke.. both characters s^cked badly but Parallax had feats so yeah it/him

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 08:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

A better question would be, which movie sucked worse: Fantastic 4 part 2 or Green Lantern?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 08:40 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

FF2

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 08:47 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Galactus showed 'his' signature feat in the first few minutes of the film. We know what the holes in the ground mean and what Earth's fate would have been. Parallax was a fraction of Galactus' size and was bothered by a single (non-nuclear, I might add) missile.

I say Smokey the Devourer takes this.

P.S. It's been a while since I've watched the GL flick, but offhand I don't recall Parallax being that impressive.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 08:47 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Galactus showed 'his' signature feat in the first few minutes of the film. We know what the holes in the ground mean and what Earth's fate would have been. Parallax was a fraction of Galactus' size and was bothered by a single (non-nuclear, I might add) missile.

I say Smokey the Devourer takes this.

P.S. It's been a while since I've watched the GL flick, but offhand I don't recall Parallax being that impressive.

Despite parallax's feats I agree with this.
Both we're disappointments, which was more disappointing? GALACTUS wins this fight also.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 09:33 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Galactus seemed to need Surfer to "weaken" the planets for him. Parallax oon the other hand single handedly killed a bunch of seasoned Lanturns within seconds.

Even the elders were afraid of him

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 09:58 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by FrothByte
A better question would be, which movie sucked worse: Fantastic 4 part 2 or Green Lantern?

they are on par with each other

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 09:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by juggerman
Galactus seemed to need Surfer to "weaken" the planets for him.

Parallax on the other hand single handedly killed a bunch of seasoned Lanturns within seconds. Even the elders were afraid of him
I never thought of it as weakening the planet, just preparing easy access; though one would think Galactus would not be at full strength if he's preparing to feed again.

Re: Parallax: I knew I was forgetting something. Yet at the end, one Lantern, a novice, took out Parallax by himself...a main reason why I would rate FF2>GL.

Originally posted by SevenShackles
Both we're disappointments, which was more disappointing? GALACTUS wins this fight also.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 10:55 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Did galactus even show sentience?

Also parallax wins. He can attack from ranged.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 10:59 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Forgive me if i may say what the hell did galactus do to even suggest he can battle and was it even a sentiment being like someone said earlier

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 11:55 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Forgive me if i may say what the hell did galactus do to even suggest he can battle and was it even a sentiment being like someone said earlier

The only argument I can make in Galactus defense is that Silver Surfer supposedly had just a fraction of Galactus's power. And Silver Surfer was able to create holes in the earth, create calamities, morph in and out of objects, etc. I'd assume that Galactus's power is even greater than that.

Parallax on the other hand... well he took on a single green lantern... and then lost. Sure he has feats but they aren't exactly great feats. It was mostly him destroying buildings and inanimate objects.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 12:03 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Didn't the movie mention that Galactus had already destroyed multiple planets?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 12:13 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by Silent Master
Didn't the movie mention that Galactus had already destroyed multiple planets?

Yeah but so had parallax

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 01:27 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I know, it's just that a couple people mentioned they were giving it to Parallax because he had feats...I was just trying to point out that so did Big Smokey.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 01:32 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Galactus had no feats, save for making the Earth shake, rattle, and roll.

Insufficient data for a viable threads, says I.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 01:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Impediment
Galactus had no feats, save for making the Earth shake, rattle, and roll.

Insufficient data for a viable threads, says I.

I'm wondering which is a better feat: Having no feats at all other than to make earthlings quiver in fear... or having feats wherein a single green lantern beat up your ass?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 01:48 AM
juggerman

But that single GL was the GREATEST GL! He easily stomped veteran GL's so Hal beating him is a low showing

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 11:53 AM