KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Expendables 3

Expendables 3
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zeel

Would rather have seen gina carona in this then rousey but whatever.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2014 04:17 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Sad to hear the ubiquitous bad reviews about this. I enjoyed it a lot.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Aug 15th, 2014 08:11 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I seen it during the week and enjoyed it, Especially Bandares's character

as for the reviews they're in the same range as the previous movies.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 03:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

This movie was absolutely terrible with no redeeming features.

I enjoyed the previous two, but this was just stale. I wanted to fall asleep and that's saying a lot for an action movie.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 04:14 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

the movie was fun. The script was lol, the cgi cheap. It didn't take itself seriously. Banderas and Gibson were cool.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 08:57 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Sad to hear the ubiquitous bad reviews about this. I enjoyed it a lot.

Really? It's expendables. This isn't the movie that is going to garner raving reviews. Although, I don't think people base their decision to see it on reviews. This is one of those movies that strives to have just enough story to justify all the action.

I wasn't a fan of the last two movies. However, I will say that I appreciate them. I think my biggest problem with the last two movies was the lack of character. It feels like to me that these movies set out to be classics. I don't think it's possible to consciously make a movie that will be considered,"classic". Everytime I go back and view the last two movies I feel so much potential that was lost. Each movie comes so close to hitting the mark but inevitably strays into mediocrity. When you consider the star power and effort that was put into each movie, mediocrity feels like a failure. As I claimed earlier, I feel that the biggest absence in these movies is character. Each star seems to be written to simply play stereotype. Granted, these stereotypes are realized well, we are never given a proper antagonist or protagonist that feels original. The best thing about the most memorable action movies, aside from the action scenes is an original relevant character. This is one thing that I feel the expendable movies lack. Each and every character come off so stereotypical that they feel generic.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 02:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Really? It's expendables. This isn't the movie that is going to garner raving reviews. Although, I don't think people base their decision to see it on reviews. This is one of those movies that strives to have just enough story to justify all the action.

I wasn't a fan of the last two movies. However, I will say that I appreciate them. I think my biggest problem with the last two movies was the lack of character. It feels like to me that these movies set out to be classics. I don't think it's possible to consciously make a movie that will be considered,"classic". Everytime I go back and view the last two movies I feel so much potential that was lost. Each movie comes so close to hitting the mark but inevitably strays into mediocrity. When you consider the star power and effort that was put into each movie, mediocrity feels like a failure. As I claimed earlier, I feel that the biggest absence in these movies is character. Each star seems to be written to simply play stereotype. Granted, these stereotypes are realized well, we are never given a proper antagonist or protagonist that feels original. The best thing about the most memorable action movies, aside from the action scenes is an original relevant character. This is one thing that I feel the expendable movies lack. Each and every character come off so stereotypical that they feel generic.

The ironic thing is that the have great line up of stars and it goes to waste because it's an "action flick". They're relying too much on action and explosions and not focusing on a good script. This isn't transformers. Transformers had robots that kids love and drag their parents. This has a bunch of old men with muscles running around. They can't just rely on action scenes alone to attract audiences. TMNT has the turtles. Guardians has fun characters and word of mouth due to a great story. Expendables 3? Has a bunch of expendable old men.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 04:31 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Shitty script. They focus on characters we don't care about. The special effects are shitty. TBH everything about it sucks. i still liked it as a b rated pothead movie.

We got 2 Get to the Choppa references. Mel Gibson made a sweet villain.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 04:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

With this third movie Antonio Banderas made the movie better, If he wasn't in it it would've just been a shitty sequel.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 06:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Kazenji
With this third movie Antonio Banderas made the movie better, If he wasn't in it it would've just been a shitty sequel.
Agreed. Banderas stole the show.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 06:58 AM
Flyattractor

Didn't the other 2 movies pretty much get crapped on by "the Reviewers" too?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 07:01 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Most likely

**** the movie critics.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 07:01 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah but this one is even worst lol. Its kind of a guilty pleasure

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 07:32 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Has a bunch of expendable old men.

Yeah, Expendable old men that should be able to carry a scene because they're veterans. These are movies that can't be appreciated until years from now. It'll be the opposite from real life, when you go back to a movie that doesn't hold up quite so well. THat's my prediction at least. The best thing about the last one was Van Damme

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 12:08 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Shitty script. They focus on characters we don't care about. The special effects are shitty. TBH everything about it sucks. i still liked it as a b rated pothead movie.

We got 2 Get to the Choppa references. Mel Gibson made a sweet villain.

Even sweeter than the villain Gibson played in Machete Kills? lol

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 10:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I just assumed this would be another 80's style Man Action Movie.

Lottsa Big B's! Babes Bullets and BIG BOOMS!

And no sparkly little douches in girls pants.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 06:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Gibson stole the show. Lesser props go to Banderas, Snipes, and Grammer.

The final fight was better than Van Damme vs. Stallone but was still a letdown. Sly's ego isn't quite on Seagal's level, but it's getting ever closer.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 07:33 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty rubbish. Liked the reference to Snipes being in jail and Willis being 'out of the picture'.

Apart from that, terrible.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 11:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MummyRuby
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holy!!...

Yes

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 03:14 PM
MummyRuby is currently offline Click here to Send MummyRuby a Private Message Find more posts by MummyRuby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
Sylvester Stallone says that letting The Expendables 3 have a PG-13 rating was "A horrible miscalculation" and teases a darker side to the next installment

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...n-says-stallone

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 05:26 AM