KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Agen Kolar vs General Grievous

Agen Kolar vs General Grievous
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Dooku isn't the omniscient narrator, though.

He took on four Jedi and beat the shit out of them all. The thing is, TCW mini-series Grievous is beast. RotS Grievous is not.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Is Eeth Koth more powerful than Agen Kolar?

I doubt it, considering the latter is supposed to be one of the best swordsman in the Order's history, and was chosen as part of the strike team to take on Sidious.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Unless his TK is faster than Ki-Adi Mundi's Grievous can dodge it. And unless it is stronger than Rorun Kobb's Grievous can tank it.

Koth, Kenobi, and Fisto have all nailed Grievous with telekinesis. On paper, any truly talented Jedi has Grievous's number in a fight.

Emphasis on "on paper."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 08:39 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Faunus had a good point years ago that any time the General beat ass he had the element of surprise, and that any other time he was in over his head. He also lacks precog, so there's that.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

That was Dooku who said that, douche. Dooku's first name is not Faunus.

...is it?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 09:23 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Pretty sure Dooku stole it from Faunus. Coincidentally, Faunus loved him some Anakin and Dooku died fighting Anakin. Clearly a plot.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is Eeth Koth more powerful than Agen Kolar?

I doubt it, considering the latter is supposed to be one of the best swordsman in the Order's history, and was chosen as part of the strike team to take on Sidious.

Like, half the people on the council and some outside it are called 'one of the best in the Order's history,' and they don't really have the feats to back it up.

The only way it remotely makes sense is if we're just talking post-Ruusian, and even then it seems iffy. General hype rather than literal truth seems likely to me.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Kolar probably isn't worse than Kenobi as a swordsman.

I definitely disagree with that. Kenobi has some great feats.

Originally posted by Zett
Well, it's the reason, why I'm as much interested in creating top10 or 20 warriors during Clone Wars.
For example, you consider Shaak Ti as better duelist then Fisto or Kolar (as I remeber).
Intrepid37 on the other hand, puts Shaak Ti below those guys (which I personally agree more).
You also put Ki-Adi above Plo, which I highly disagree.

I put Shaak as higher, btw. And Plo... overall better than Ki, he has superior force power, but in just-swordwork it's possible Ki may be better.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kolar takes it pretty easy if this is TCW Grievous.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 12:51 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Kolar takes it pretty easy if this is TCW Grievous.

Sure, we'll go with that... (Damn communists)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zett

There is no smth like "TCW Grievous". There is only one source, that exaggerates Grievous' powers. Tartakovsky's CW.

In movie, books, comics Grievous isn't that strong. He needs surprise or other advantages. He has no chances against top Order's swordmasters in a fair fight.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 02:26 PM
Click here to Send Zett a Private Message Find more posts by Zett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Q99
Like, half the people on the council and some outside it are called 'one of the best in the Order's history,' and they don't really have the feats to back it up.

So what your saying is Eeth Koth is better than Agen Kolar?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Q99

The only way it remotely makes sense is if we're just talking post-Ruusian, and even then it seems iffy. General hype rather than literal truth seems likely to me.

I definitely disagree with that. Kenobi has some great feats.

I put Shaak as higher, btw. And Plo... overall better than Ki, he has superior force power, but in just-swordwork it's possible Ki may be better.

Shaak Ti died in a deleted scene, which means it isn't part of the Storyline, if the council wanted to send Shaak Ti, they could've, Shaak Ti is SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than Agen Kolar.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zett

Originally posted by Q99

It was adressed to Mizukage Yoda.

Um, Mundi above Plo in sabers? I don't think so. Mundi fought Ventress equally, and she outmaneuvered him a bit at the end of the duel. On the other hand, Plo with broken arm had clear advantage over her.

So I put Plo above Mundi in the force and in the saber as well. IMO Mundi is highly overrated as a warrior.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 10:21 AM
Click here to Send Zett a Private Message Find more posts by Zett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
So what your saying is Eeth Koth is better than Agen Kolar?

Possibly. It's hard to say for sure since neither have all that many feats, and there's no instance of them both facing the same foe, but there doesn't seem to be a large gap.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Shaak Ti died in a deleted scene, which means it isn't part of the Storyline, if the council wanted to send Shaak Ti, they could've, Shaak Ti is SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than Agen Kolar.

Actually, Shaak died in two mutually exclusive deleted scenes. Deleted doesn't count.

And her overall feats are better.

quote:
Zett
Um, Mundi above Plo in sabers? I don't think so. Mundi fought Ventress equally, and she outmaneuvered him a bit at the end of the duel. On the other hand, Plo with broken arm had clear advantage over her.

Fair enough.

quote:
So I put Plo above Mundi in the force and in the saber as well. IMO Mundi is highly overrated as a warrior.

He still seems to be one of the council's go-to guys for tough missions, and Fisto's had trouble with Ventress too, so I wouldn't go that far.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 10:31 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Zett
@Q99
Well, Jedi Council wanted Kolar to be on Courscant when Sidious will reveal himself.

To be fair the Council was barely at quorum for that meeting. So blademasters like Shaak Ti and Kit weren't really included in that statement.

quote:

@Mizukage Yoda
Do you think, that Grievous has superior technique to Drallig, Fisto or Ventress?

Well, I am not sure about Drallig anymore since the most recent LOE release replaced him with Shaak Ti.

quote:

Even Dooku stated, that in a fair fight Grievous wont stand a chances against top masters.

He said specifically against the Jedi Councilors. Which is kind of true, but at the same time Grievous has forced more Council members into retreat than any other Jedi hunter in the mythos.

quote:

Well, it's the reason, why I'm as much interested in creating top10 or 20 warriors during Clone Wars.
For example, you consider Shaak Ti as better duelist then Fisto or Kolar (as I remeber).
Intrepid37 on the other hand, puts Shaak Ti below those guys (which I personally agree more).
You also put Ki-Adi above Plo, which I highly disagree.

Yes Shaak Ti is superior to Fisto and Kolar. She was able to successfully retreat from what I consider Anakin at his peak, as well as the entire 501st legion. Fisto and Kolar would last 30 seconds against bloodlusted Skywalker, if even. This is the same Anakin that outdueled the Troll with one hand while strangling a padawan.

Plo Koon is a superior duelist to Ki-Adi. But its not a huge gap. "TCWs Grievous" still has forced Kenobi into retreat multiple times throughout the series. As well as Kit Fisto (albeit with Magnaguard backup).

Grievous also handled Ventress and Durge really well. And Ventress' only win over him is her on a DS nexus, and even then it wasn't really decisive. The only person who has decisively defeated the General is Kenobi. And even then, he almost died.

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 25th, 2013 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

And let the shitstorm begin

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:13 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Grievous carves him up.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:14 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Why didn't you stay gone?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:16 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Grievous.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:19 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

Wait didn't Agen Kolar fight grievous during the clone wars and he beat grievous with a broken hand? But grievous used his magnaguards to defeat him

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 05:33 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote