KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?

Do you think Sidious deserves to be strongest?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he is the most powerful Sith Lord. 41 71.93%
No, there are others that should surpass him. 16 28.07%
Total: 57 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

Book of Sith cites that Byss served as an energy pool that Sheev used for alchemical experiments. Nowhere is it ever suggested that he utilized it for Force storms, which he was developing around ROTS per Book of Sith, long before Byss was corrupted by him.

To say nothing of him using the storm at Da Soocha V in Hutt Space.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 02:54 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Book of Sith cites that Byss served as an energy pool that Sheev used for alchemical experiments. Nowhere is it ever suggested that he utilized it for Force storms, which he was developing around ROTS per Book of Sith, long before Byss was corrupted by him.

To say nothing of him using the storm at Da Soocha V in Hutt Space.

What has to do this with his Force storms? I only said how he with his DS Adepts turned Byss into a dark side nexus.

I didn't say he needed dark side centres to use them... lol

Well now that you said that, I was curious, didn't he generate that Force storm when he was aboard his Eclipse?

I always had the hunch that his Eclipses are dark side augumentors(actually Tom Veitch agreed with this possibility when I e-mailed him on Facebook), since he performs almost his best feats inside there.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

That wasn't addressed to you. thumb up

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 09:10 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I always had the hunch that his Eclipses are dark side augumentors(actually Tom Veitch agreed with this possibility when I e-mailed him on Facebook), since he performs almost his best feats inside there.

Try harder.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Ironic, since his fan-favorite Nihilus is outright confirmed as drawing power from/throughout the Ravager.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:13 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Sidious doesn't need a nexus when he is one.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:15 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Screw you Sidious

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 01:22 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SunRazer
Ironic, since his fan-favorite Nihilus is outright confirmed as drawing power from/throughout the Ravager.
where

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 02:19 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by SunRazer

If you were not so narrow-minded, you would realize that "he draws power from the Ravager", it means he's drawing power from his zombie crew(since he's a Void in the Force and needs it for sustenance), and all those who are aboard his ghost ship.

I believe you visited ShootingNova thread about overrated "Darths Nihilus and Sion"

Or I suppose you read the KotOR II Prima Official Game Guide, where you should know that the one who wrote Nihilus and made that game guide, are two different persons, so it is a matter of perspective.
However *Prima Official Game Guides" are not part of the canon, or the lore, because they are a part of the games's mechanics.

I hope this clarifies all! wink :P

For your own knowledge, I am a fan of Freedon Nadd,Exar Kun and Darth Tenebrous, Nihilus is the least my favorite.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Sep 19th, 2015 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by psmith81992
where

He speaks about the Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide, written by David Hodgson, which it is not canon, fortunately for us.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 04:53 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Sidious doesn't need a nexus when he is one.

Then I could say the same about Vitiate. but wait, he still needed *a ritual* to try to devour the galaxy at once.

TBH, I really can't understand this notion of, *dark side embodiment*? Correct me if I am wrong, but for me someone who's the incarnation of darkness, it means someone who is so corrupted, so greedy, so beyond the point of return, that he or she is impossible to be redeemed. Short version, the one has all the negative qualities presented in the respective story!

Don't argue, but Tom Veitch said me this is highly possible for Sidious, since he'd do anything to achieve more and more strength in the Force to satisfy his Power Fetish. And since he had his part in creating Dark Empire Sidious, I don't know why his opinion shouldn't matter!?

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Sep 19th, 2015 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 04:58 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Screw you Sidious

This cool

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 05:05 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

This cool
You're still not over the fact that Sidious s***'s on Nihilus in every category?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Sinious
You're still not over the fact that Sidious s***'s on Nihilus in every category?

There's really no way to compare Nihilus with the rest of the Force users, because he's a Void... That Hunger doesn't stem from his raw power, but from his damaged nature within the Force.

He's a conduit, not a source of his power, which means he can devour the Force continously, he hasn't a limit of *power* like the other ones.

If you refer at power of one as his own, then yes, Sidious trumps him and the rest of the other, but if you take power, just power, like it doesn't matter how you have it or achieve it, then Nihilus trumps Palpatine under every aspect.

It depends how do you perceive his nature as Void.

In a duel f2f, even if Sidious surpassess Nihilus's power, it still won't matter because Nihilus sucks everything and everyone which is a part of the Force.

No matter how strong you are, Nihilus would still eat your soul. When facing Nihilus it is not about the strength in the Force.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Sep 19th, 2015 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 05:53 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Then I could say the same about Vitiate. but wait, he still needed *a ritual* to try to devour the galaxy at once.

TBH, I really can't understand this notion of, *dark side embodiment*? Correct me if I am wrong, but for me someone who's the incarnation of darkness, it means someone who is so corrupted, so greedy, so beyond the point of return, that he or she is impossible to be redeemed. Short version, the one has all the negative qualities presented in the respective story!

Don't argue, but Tom Veitch said me this is highly possible for Sidious, since he'd do anything to achieve more and more strength in the Force to satisfy his Power Fetish. And since he had his part in creating Dark Empire Sidious, I don't know why his opinion shouldn't matter!?

You actually couldn't because while Sidious is a confirmed nexus, the only thing that places Vitiate as the embodiment of anything is the opinions of characters in TOR.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 06:29 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

...Nihilus sucks...
Agreed.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You actually couldn't because while Sidious is a confirmed nexus, the only thing that places Vitiate as the embodiment of anything is the opinions of characters in TOR.

Not the *Old Republic Wookieepedia* we know, but the *Definitive Guide to the Epic Conflict*, definitely states him a living dark side nexus.

*He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.*

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

*Over 300 years ago, the great Jedi heroes Revan and Malak stumbled upon long-hidden Sith Empire's capital of Dromund Kaas, and its ruler - a mysterious, almost godlike avatar of the dark side.*

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia)

*The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side.*

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Sep 19th, 2015 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 07:27 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Sinious
Agreed.

TBH, Nihilus's really an interesting Dark Lord, when you think he was made after No-Face and the Grim Reaper.

I would like to know how he was before the Mass Shadow Generator incident that rendered Malachor V, a Wound in the Force, except the Trayus Academy of course.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 07:32 PM
Jmanghan

Thoughts on this in 2016?

Years later, more people say that Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord.

Something I agree with, honestly.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 07:16 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Yeah it's fine. I think that placing Nihilus above him is fair if you don't consider him a Sith and the same goes for Valkorian. Anybody else and it's not really arguable.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:57 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote