KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » UQ Holder Thread

UQ Holder Thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Demon Queen seems to be 'depressed and killing everything'

Old Post Sep 12th, 2015 12:26 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

At least those that are attacking her.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2015 12:59 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Oh my, so many reference drops!

Ayaka shows up! And... are those Setsuna and Konoka's granddaughters??

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 08:35 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well it looks like Ayaka is still putting her pactio to good use.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 02:22 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, I didn't expect to see her and it, it was a nice callback.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 01:13 AM
Markness

Ayaka's granddaughter (I presume she is) definitely inherited the noblewoman's laugh from her.

Honoka and Isana? Clever names.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 01:11 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

One thing I like- Touta learns fast, but this series isn't doing any of that "This technique normally takes years to learn, but X learned it in one week! Incredible!" stuff.

This is, "This training normally takes a decade, you've done it for 8 months.... so I'll give you a pass but you're definitely incomplete because, hey, you spent 1/10th the time."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 04:58 AM
danteiscool

I'm really liking this pseudo-reintroduction of old characters too in the form of the 'new generation.' Makes me wonder if other grandchildren from the other former 3-A students will eventually appear, make a UQ Holder version of 3-A for Touta.

Q99: likewise. It's almost funny really how little of a crap the characters give about Touta's learning curve.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 01:22 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by danteiscool
I'm really liking this pseudo-reintroduction of old characters too in the form of the 'new generation.' Makes me wonder if other grandchildren from the other former 3-A students will eventually appear, make a UQ Holder version of 3-A for Touta.

Q99: likewise. It's almost funny really how little of a crap the characters give about Touta's learning curve.

Maybe so.

That's the big difference between his and Negi's training. Touta's not exactly getting props for his work while Negi was constantly showered with praise and encouragement.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2015 04:03 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Only time will tell, I suppose.

I think that's mainly because given that Touta is essentially Negi's clone, it's pretty much expected by those in the know for him to be picking things up at a fast rate.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2015 11:10 PM
Q99

Haha, oh wow, that escalated quickly big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 01:31 AM
Markness

I had the feeling she would smack Touta around but it was still pretty cool how she looked like a fighting game character pulling off a SDM. That last panel, though, shows she does remember Touta.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 01:33 PM
danteiscool

Q99: sure did. Props to Touta.

Markness: agreed. Makes me wonder how this will impact their relationship in the future and in what other way he may have unintentionally altered the past.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 04:46 PM
Q99

Things are really continuing to go fast on the relationship fronts- I did not expect Kuromaru to make a move so soon! Or, uh, at all.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 10:42 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Took a bit of a break from this series though it seems that these relationship developments have been progressing really suddenly.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 05:52 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, it's like, minor element with some teasing then, boom! Marriage proposals, attempted dates, love confessions!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 05:56 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Wasn't Ayako supposed to be around somewhere or did she just leave Eva to sort of look after her granddaughter?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 09:42 PM
Markness

She said she was going to meet with Eva. They may have talked behind the scenes.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 12:11 AM
danteiscool

Still, it's kind of odd that we haven't seen a hint of their meeting.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 01:38 AM
Q99

Oh, so that's why Kuromaru's not fighting as well, needs to adjust their chi...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 03:51 PM