KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » OT Palpatine Vs DE Palpatine

OT Palpatine Vs DE Palpatine
Started by: Oneness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Nihilus, Vitiate and Exar Kun are above him in showings and raw strength in the Force

I stopped reading right here, if I'm being honest. I'll respond when I get the time, nonetheless.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Nihilus, Vitiate and Exar Kun are above him in showings and raw strength in the Force.

Yeah, not really.

Sidious ability to effortlessly summon hyperspace wormholes throughout the galaxy that sport the power to "kill" planets and swallow entire fleets of ships - some of whom has the defensive capabilities to deflect assaults that are measured in the teraton range is the very epitome of raw power. Neither Vittiate, Nihlus and especially Kun has showed this kind of raw destructive output.

I don't care if Palpatine is "the most powerful Sith Lord"

Considering everyone you're attempting to place above Sidious are Sith Lords, then yeah - it certainly should be one of your primary concerns.

lol, as long as he doesn't have the necessarily showings to compete

Except, he does.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd [with Vitiate or Nihilus, barely could compete with Exar Kun], he isn't.

LAL.

About Kun, he was depicted in a poorly comic book, and he hadn't all of his proper showings in comparision with Darth Sidious, the main evil of the Star Wars Saga, Kun simply had a short appearance.

In other words; Kun's showing are largely inferior, and this is just a poorly constructed argument for you to circumvent Sidious inevitable superiority?

I'll take that, KEK. thumb up

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd Don't forget that in a source, Odan Urr and Vodo Siosk Baas were compared to Yoda and Windu, Odan Urr being Yoda, and Vodo Siosk Baas being Windu.

Only in a metaphorical sense, my dear. The quote only means that, like Mace and Yoda during their time, Odan and Vodo was the most well respected and powerful Jedi during their time, hence the comparison. It has nothing to do with Odan and Vodo being comparable to Yoda and Mace in power, or skill in a umbrella sense. Only that their position and power for their time mirrored Yoda and Mace's position and power for their time. So are Vodo and Odan the most well respected and powerful Jedi in the Order during their days? Sure they are, but does that mean they share parity with Jedi that existed thousands of years after they did because of their Uno and Dos position in theirs? Not in this life time. Context, dude, context.

Now, an isolated look at Yoda and Mace's feats/accolades in juxtaposition with the ancient Jedi would lead us to the unavoidable conclusion that Yoda would solo both Vodo and Odan in conjunction.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd Kun at least killed them both, he didn't need to fake for Ulic-Qel-Droma to save him.

How about that false equivalency? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd Now Exar Kun would definitely beat Darth Sidious in a match

laughing out loud

(remember that while Sidious was a 7ls master, he didn't hold that kind of performance because was too busy for politics and all that manipulation, he resorted to Force powers more and more in a fight, all of his fights(Windu, Yoda, Maul and Oppres), so even if he was a consummate 7ls master, his skills were vastly degraded)mbut, but, but, Exar Kun would be extremely damaged, he would probably barely hold on his feet.

You see, all of this gibberish is based on virtually nothing. Sidious penchant for using the Force in his duels says nothing about his lack of dueling skill - it only details about his willingness to use an asset he greatly prefers over lightsabers (Sidious has gone on record saying has a disdain for Lightsaber duels in general, and see's it as far and away inferior to the Force) You can buy into your nonsensical stance that Palpatine's Lightsaber skills degraded, while I relish in the fact that Sheev fought on even terms with perhaps the greatest swordsman in the entire mythos in Yoda.

thumb up

If you go and analyze Vitiate's feats you will see why he surpasses Sidious.

Please do. I'm all ears, here.

At least Vitiate didn't need to live in clones, he could live as a spirit, Sidious couldn't

I'm pretty sure Palpatine was able to resist Chaos with sheer will power and exist as a spirit perfectly fine.

and Vitiate was able to bend Jedi alike Sith to his will just at his whims.

Oh, so he has elite TP?

Good thing Sidious does as well. You know, using BM across Lightyears, dropping Vader while he's on another planet, subtly manipulating Darth Plagueis, and casually eliciting a haze of confusions that effected multiple Jedi simultaneously. thumb up

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yeah, not really.

Sidious ability to effortlessly summon hyperspace wormholes throughout the galaxy that sport the power to "kill" planets and swallow entire fleets of ships - some of whom has the defensive capabilities to deflect assaults that are measured in the teraton range is the very epitome of raw power. Neither Vittiate, Nihlus and especially Kun has showed this kind of raw destructive output.

quote:

In other words; Kun's showing are largely inferior, and this is just a poorly constructed argument for you to circumvent Sidious inevitable superiority?

quote:

Now, an isolated look at Yoda and Mace's feats/accolades in juxtaposition with the ancient Jedi would lead us to the unavoidable conclusion that Yoda would solo both Vodo and Odan in conjunction.

quote:

You see, all of this gibberish is based on virtually nothing. Sidious penchant for using the Force in his duels says nothing about his lack of dueling skill - it only details about his willingness to use an asset he greatly prefers over lightsabers (Sidious has gone on record saying has a disdain for Lightsaber duels in general, and see's it as far and away inferior to the Force) You can buy into your nonsensical stance that Palpatine's Lightsaber skills degraded, while I relish in the fact that Sheev fought on even terms with perhaps the greatest swordsman in the entire mythos in Yoda.

quote:

I'm pretty sure Palpatine was able to resist Chaos with sheer will power and exist as a spirit perfectly fine.

quote:

Oh, so he has elite TP?

Good thing Sidious does as well. You know, using BM across Lightyears, dropping Vader while he's on another planet, subtly manipulating Darth Plagueis, and casually eliciting a haze of confusions that effected multiple Jedi simultaneously. thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 12:53 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That guy is like, soul crying. You Yanks must take football pretty damn seriously.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

People from the South don't appreciate being called Yanks, you swine.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:06 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
People from the South don't appreciate being called Yanks, you swine.
It is cuz you lost that civil war. North > South for all time.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 02:04 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

No. No that's not why. Not sure why you're trying to bait with that anyway. Doesn't really fit.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 02:12 AM
quanchi112
Disney

No. No that's not why. Not sure why you're trying to bait with that anyway. Doesn't really fit.
I just don't see why someone saying yank would hit such a nerve if that wasn't the case. Overly sensitive ?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 02:14 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by AncientPower
Valkorion is irrelevant to a discussion regarding the supreme Sith, his prime incarnation has completely raised above that ideology, not only in practice but personality. Really, anyone claiming he is still Sith needs a serious bias check.

Personally, I don't think you can even call him [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vitiate anymore given the datamining shit I have heard about Chapter 10+.

Links?

The North Remembers

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by quanchi112
I just don't see why someone saying yank would hit such a nerve if that wasn't the case. Overly sensitive ?

Uh no. First, yank is a derogatory term. Plenty don't like it because of the connotation. Second, Southerners like to be distinct from Northerners. That was true before the Civil War.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:33 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

>implying anyone cares about Southerns

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Uh no. First, yank is a derogatory term. Plenty don't like it because of the connotation. Second, Southerners like to be distinct from Northerners. That was true before the Civil War.
So you're very sensitive. I dint find it derogatory at all but then again I'm from Ohio. Southerners drink too much sweet tea anyways and I find that to be disgusting.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:40 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

>implying you spelled Southerners right

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:42 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

We don't pay taxes for you to waste that education. Spell it right, damn it.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:50 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:53 AM
Freedon Nadd

[QUOTE=15477981]Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yeah, not really.

Considering everyone you're attempting to place above Sidious are Sith Lords, then yeah - it certainly should be one of your primary concerns.

Except, he does.

LAL.

I'll take that, KEK. thumb up

Only in a metaphorical sense, my dear. The quote only means that, like Mace and Yoda during their time, Odan and Vodo was the most well respected and powerful Jedi during their time, hence the comparison. It has nothing to do with Odan and Vodo being comparable to Yoda and Mace in power, or skill in a umbrella sense. Only that their position and power for their time mirrored Yoda and Mace's position and power for their time. So are Vodo and Odan the most well respected and powerful Jedi in the Order during their days? Sure they are, but does that mean they share parity with Jedi that existed thousands of years after they did because of their Uno and Dos position in theirs? Not in this life time. Context, dude, context.

How about that false equivalency? roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

thumb up

Please do. I'm all ears, here.

Oh, so he has elite TP?

[/QUOTE

I will respond in the order of your arguments:

1.Sidious pretty much stated in his Dark Side Compedium that it doesn't take raw strength the Force to unleash such destructive phenomens, he said that he learned through sheer will, anger and intensive concentration he could manipulate the dark side energies around him and release them in a volatile burst. Again it has nothing to do with his raw strength in the Force. And yes, Kun didn't show it or Vitiate, because they likely didn't know about them. Vitiate has hell of raw power in him.

2.Exar Kun was depicted in a poorly comic book, what you said makes no sense. As I already stated that Kun would be severly damaged when he defeated Sidious.

3.Check this out: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...9-accolade2.jpg

See the last paragraph.

And also you should remember of how weakened were the Jedi in the New Republic, you know Sidious.

3.Yeah sure, lol, Sidious thought himself superior over the lightsabers because he was strong in raw power, true, that's why he didn't keep to use it anymore. But no matter how good you are, if you don't hold that performance, your skills are gonna degrade, real-life examples are many. Remember that quote, "Sidious's lightsaber hadn't seen the lightday for decades."
Just read or watch, and you can see that Maul was always training on his own, or with robot droids, same for Vader. You can't say that shit, because he has a "disdain", when you stop training, your skills degrade, period.

Yoda was the greatest, perhaps, but not the best. And I was so sure you would say Luke Skywalker was the "greatest" in mythos. lol

4.Palpatine wasn't able to resist the Chaos, he was disembodied there. All those who are darksided such as the Sith are disembodied in the Chaos, the Chaos is the dimension where they(bad guys) suffer for eternity. And it was some Sith spirits who guided him back to the living world(lol what a bullshit), if he could truly exist as a spirit, then he wouldn't have needed clones, or Leia's child, he could have been just as Vitiate. Yet, he wasn't.

5.Yes, Sidious has Elite TP.

6.What has to do Battle Meditation with that, with his raw strength in the Force?

Also, the use and effect of battle meditation in in Heir to the Empire, when Grand Admiral Thrawn explains to Joruus C'baoth and Gilad Pellaeon his own theory as to why the Battle of Endor was lost; he believed that Palpatine employed the power to an unwise degree, taking such close control of the Imperial forces as to make them puppets, almost incapable of fighting on their own when his influence was suddenly removed (the use of battle meditation at Endor was later revealed and attributed to Admiral Nial Declann instead of Palpatine).

If you mean a Force choke, by "dropping Vader", then you should realize that as long the contact is made, you can do that.

He manipulated Plagueis, of course, but he didn't do it using the Force, he just took advantage of Plagueis's arrogance and "clouded" his mind.

If you mean of how he weakened the Jedi prior TCW, then you should realize he did with a Sith shrine beneath their Jedi Temple, and he did that for long decades, not a shit done in a few seconds.
The Jedi Temple was built over the Sith shrine, to curb its corrupting influence, perhaps. As for the reasons why they were built, well, for the same reasons in Legends, one would expect: the Jedi being far more decentralised had many libraries, academies, enclaves and temples throughout the galaxy, and the Sith once ruled the galaxy so likewise had many different outposts. Some would be headquarters of individual Masters or Lords, some would be for training new apprentices, some would be for storing lost knowledge, some would be for meditation or specialised Force uses e.g. rituals, some would be tombs...

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Nov 11th, 2015 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:25 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Links?

This

However you take it, Vitiate is stated as a Sith Lord in the EU.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:32 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Trocity
Stop taking that quote out of context.

lol.

He could, unless your prove me the contrary. And I think when it comes about Darth Sidious, most of you Sidious fanboys are taking many things about him out of context. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:36 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I didn't know it was a derogatory term, but still:

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote