KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the better strategist during combat???

Who is the better strategist during combat???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trackz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who is the better strategist during combat???

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaxthejester
I didn't say he lacks Leadership.

I said he lacks the Leadership Feats of the other two.
Feats- as in on-panel tactician Feats that occur during comic book encounters.

I'm not knocking Panther's ability to lead a country or a tribe.

I'm only saying that Steve and Bruce have more Feats with leading a Super Team with mixed individual personalities.

Country Leadership is very different than direct team combat leadership.

it is very different, however t'challa has still been in a commanding position of super humans, seeing as wakanda has plenty of meta humans itself. seeing as the thread asks who is the better strategist, i would assume the one who consistently strategizes with more pieces on the board would be superior.

moreover, there's a reason steve was kicked out of the illuminati, it's because his perspective is limited.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 05:58 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
python99

If given any amount of time during battle Batman is IMO the best especially when clearly outmatched

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 02:34 PM
python99 is currently offline Click here to Send python99 a Private Message Find more posts by python99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by python99
If given any amount of time during battle Batman is IMO the best especially when clearly outmatched
have you read any of the black panther's books before?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 03:41 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Y is Cyclops not listed

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 03:47 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Y is Cyclops not listed

Cyke would be below Panther and above Spidey imo.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 04:00 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Odekahn
Cyke would be below Panther and above Spidey imo.

Cyke has lead the xmen for years he arguably second to Steve and far better than Bruce. Matter of fact I'd put Grayson ahead of Wayne any day

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 04:48 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

It's between Panther and Batman

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 06:59 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

1.)Steve
2.)Bruce
rest..

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 09:41 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angel Watching
Peaceful....until...!

Captain America
Batman
Panther
Spidey
Deathstroke

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 09:55 PM
Angel Watching is currently offline Click here to Send Angel Watching a Private Message Find more posts by Angel Watching Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Spidey

Stroke
Cap
Bat
Panther

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 12:25 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
python99

Originally posted by Trackz
have you read any of the black panther's books before?

You have your opinion I have mine

Last edited by python99 on Dec 28th, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 12:41 AM
python99 is currently offline Click here to Send python99 a Private Message Find more posts by python99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Cyke has lead the xmen for years he arguably second to Steve and far better than Bruce. Matter of fact I'd put Grayson ahead of Wayne any day

How is he better than Bruce?

Cyke has led the Xmen for years, while also under the direct instruction of Xavier. The Xmen have had TONS of mutinies over the years. I'm not knocking Scott or his experience, but he doesn't compare to Tchalla who leads an entire nation and has learned more indepth battle tactics over a longer period of time.

Also Grayson < Bruce

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 12:51 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by python99
You have your opinion I have mine

it's just a question, have you read them before??

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 01:33 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

When it comes to team leading, Nightwing, Steve and Cyclops would have the edge over Batman imo. Steve and Nightwing have already been acknowledged as superior and I put Cyclops right up there. If he was written less emotional at times (Such as during AvX but he was still matching Steve's leadership IIRC) I personally wouldn't mind him being a smidgeon better in terms of team strategy in comparison to Steve (Who has the tactical edge).

Cyke has led the Xmen for years, while also under the direct instruction of Xavier. The Xmen have had TONS of mutinies over the years. I'm not knocking Scott or his experience, but he doesn't compare to Tchalla who leads an entire nation and has learned more indepth battle tactics over a longer period of time.

What? It's true for most of his teenage years, Xavier directed the X-men but when in the field or creating strategies, Cyclops was on point very soon into their history.

Doesn't compare to T'Challa? erm Common. Leading a people and in-depth battle tactics has been a defining part of Scott's repertoire for the last decade. Arguably more so then anyone else.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 28th, 2013 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 01:41 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When it comes to team leading, Nightwing, Steve and Cyclops would have the edge over Batman imo. Steve and Nightwing have already been acknowledged as superior and I put Cyclops right up there. If he was written less emotional at times (Such as during AvX but he was still matching Steve's leadership IIRC) I personally wouldn't mind him being a smidgeon better in terms of team strategy in comparison to Steve (Who has the tactical edge).

What? It's true for most of his teenage years, Xavier directed the X-men but when in the field or creating strategies, Cyclops was on point very soon into their history.

Doesn't compare to T'Challa? erm Common. Leading a people and in-depth battle tactics has been a defining part of Scott's repertoire for the last decade. Arguably more so then anyone else.
Not moreso than T'Challa who has been doing it since he's been a character. Moreover he led a country that has never been defeated in battle. Can't say the same for Utopia. Cyclops is good but he isn't nearly as smart as T'Challa and he used his fellow mutants as pawns. He's good for an immediate win, but after each battle you could see him losing his people.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 01:54 AM
Odekahn

Originally posted by Trackz
Not moreso than T'Challa who has been doing it since he's been a character. Moreover he led a country that has never been defeated in battle. Can't say the same for Utopia. Cyclops is good but he isn't nearly as smart as T'Challa and he used his fellow mutants as pawns. He's good for an immediate win, but after each battle you could see him losing his people.

thumb up great post

And not just that, but this is "who is he best STRATEGIST during combat" / NOT "who inspires most to follow them" otherwise Superman should be on here too.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 01:58 AM
Mindset

Also Grayson < Bruce
Based on comics, Dick > Bruce as far as team leading.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 01:59 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by Mindset
Based on comics, Dick > Bruce as far as team leading.

Read the thread title again.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 02:08 AM
carver9

Good points are being made here. Please include Cyclops to the list in the OP.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 02:37 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Read the thread title again.
Read your post again...the post about leading teams and nations. no expression

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 02:42 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote