KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the better strategist during combat???

Who is the better strategist during combat???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Odekahn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Read your post again...the post about leading teams and nations. no expression

The teams and nations part was in reference to Cyke vs BP in response to Sin.

Grayson < Batman is in reference to the overall thread, thus my pointing back to it by telling you to read the thread title again.

Dick being greater at "leading a team" is moot.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 03:25 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Odekahn
The teams and nations part was in reference to Cyke vs BP in response to Sin.

Grayson < Batman is in reference to the overall thread, thus my pointing back to it by telling you to read the thread title again.

Dick being greater at "leading a team" is moot.
Except Sin was talking about leading a team and you replied to her in regards to the ability to lead a team.

Also, the thread doesn't say this is solely about 1v1 fights, so it looks like you don't know what you're talking about, bud.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 03:27 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Except Sin was talking about leading a team and you replied to her in regards to the ability to lead a team.

Also, the thread doesn't say this is solely about 1v1 fights, so it looks like you don't know what you're talking about, bud.

/facepalm

No.

Sin was talking about who the better strategist is and said Cyke was due to his leading the Xmen (this is the first time "leading" has been mentioned here), so I addressed that point, but first asked what the reasoning behind saying Dick > Bruce. It had absolutely nothing to do with which of them (Bruce or Dick) was better at leading a team.

And the thread doesn't say 1v1 OR team leading. Both of those are smaller parts of a bigger picture you apparently don't see.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Last edited by Odekahn on Dec 28th, 2013 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 03:38 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

/facepalm

No.

Sin was talking about who the better strategist is and said Cyke was due to his leading the Xmen (this is the first time "leading" has been mentioned here), so I addressed that point, but first asked what the reasoning behind saying Dick > Bruce. It had absolutely nothing to do with which of them (Bruce or Dick) was better at leading a team.

And the thread doesn't say 1v1 OR team leading. Both of those are smaller parts of a bigger picture you apparently don't see.
Yes, so Sin was talking about leading a team, and you responded in kind.

I told you how Dick was better than Bruce.

In reply you told me to read the thread title...

You seem confused.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iscaremonkeys

out of all?
tough but im going with Panther

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:09 AM
iscaremonkeys is currently offline Click here to Send iscaremonkeys a Private Message Find more posts by iscaremonkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Yes, so Sin was talking about leading a team, and you responded in kind.

I told you how Dick was better than Bruce.

In reply you told me to read the thread title...

You seem confused.

But the overall point isn't who can lead a team. So, my directing you to the title was also a way of saying/encouraging, "get back on topic". I guess subtlety isn't making its impression known...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:23 AM
Mindset

But the overall point isn't who can lead a team. So, my directing you to the title was also a way of saying/encouraging, "get back on topic". I guess subtlety isn't making its impression known...
How is skill in leading a team in combat situations not applicable to prowess in combat strategy?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:39 AM
Boss16
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman is a better 1v1 and 1v10000000 strategist then nightwing is but nightwing is a better team leader then Batman is but that's my opinion.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:44 AM
Boss16 is currently offline Click here to Send Boss16 a Private Message Find more posts by Boss16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

How is skill in leading a team in combat situations not applicable to prowess in combat strategy?

I didn't say it wasn't applicable, I said it's not the overall point. It's only a fraction of the question we are answering here. Possessing the best strategical mind and knowing how to socially communicate to a team are two entirely different things.

Last edited by Odekahn on Dec 28th, 2013 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:57 AM
Mindset

I didn't say it wasn't applicable, I said it's not the overall point. It's only a fraction of the question we are answering here. Possessing the best strategical mind and knowing how to socially communicate to a team are two entirely different things.
You're only thinking about a small part of leading.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 05:12 AM
Odekahn

You're only thinking about a small part of leading.

You are only thinking about a small part of combat strategy. Leading skill falls underneath that category. I'm looking at the entire picture.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:41 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Either way to sum it up Dick is far better than Wayne. Possessing the charisma that Bruce lacks he's arguably the best team leader DC has imo.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:44 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Either way to sum it up Dick is far better than Wayne. Possessing the charisma that Bruce lacks he's arguably the best team leader DC has imo.

But Dick isn't a better strategist during combat, which is what the thread is asking. Bruce > Grayson

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:50 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Also I wish people would stop placing tchalla so high. Namor, Aquaman, Black Bolt, Doom, etc all lead nations that don't mean they excel under tue thread stips

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:50 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

1. Panther
2. Captain America
3. Batman
4. Deathstroke
5. Spider-man

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:51 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

But Dick isn't a better strategist during combat, which is what the thread is asking. Bruce > Grayson

I read the op and your still wrong

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 04:59 PM
Odekahn

I read the op and your still wrong

How?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 05:07 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

How?

Bruce and Clark have both admitted that Dick is far better than the two. He has the best attributes of both without the character flaws of Bruce or god complex of Kent. He's effectively lead more teams and his combat strategy is second to none. And I'm not talking about prep battles, I'm talking strictly combat strategy.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 05:18 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

And as far as this thread goes. It should be expanded to All comic book characters not just those mentioned cause Optimus Prime, Leonardo and Rick Grimes would shit on Bruce Wayne not to mention a ass ton of others

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 05:20 PM
Trackz

Also I wish people would stop placing tchalla so high. Namor, Aquaman, Black Bolt, Doom, etc all lead nations that don't mean they excel under tue thread stips

Wakanda just beat Atlantis in war. T'Challa consistently beats Namor in combat due to a weapon that Namor knows he has but fails to account for it. The only one on that list comparable to T'Challa is Doom, even then T'Challa is able to out strategize Doom at times, though he always takes significant losses.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 05:34 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote