KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Sauron vs. Ganondorf (Twilight Princess)

Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sauron 5 33.33%
Ganondorf 10 66.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sauron vs. Ganondorf (Twilight Princess)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sauron is more than powerful enough to hurt/kill him. He also destroyed pillars like that is proof someone wins. Ridiculous.

So you don't actually understand what a feat means. I'm only bringing up the pillars to compare their physical strength, and based on that Ganondorf is physically stronger. I'm not saying Ganondorf wins because he broke pillars, I'm saying he wins because he is physically stronger than Sauron and can easily overcome Sauron's durability.

Whereas Sauron has not shown the ability to overcome Ganondorf's durability.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 02:48 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Scenario
So you don't actually understand what a feat means. I'm only bringing up the pillars to compare their physical strength, and based on that Ganondorf is physically stronger. I'm not saying Ganondorf wins because he broke pillars, I'm saying he wins because he is physically stronger than Sauron and can easily overcome Sauron's durability.

Whereas Sauron has not shown the ability to overcome Ganondorf's durability.
He isn't physically stronger at all. Sauron's power can easily break pillars but Dorf can't even overpower Link so by comparison he is weaker than Gorons as well. Sauron's power when he swings the mace is leagues above Dorf being resisted by Link. Not even close.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 02:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

He isn't physically stronger at all. Sauron's power can easily break pillars but Dorf can't even overpower Link so by comparison he is weaker than Gorons as well. Sauron's power when he swings the mace is leagues above Dorf being resisted by Link. Not even close.

You said Sauron's magic could break pillars, and that's not physical strength. Sauron's physical strength was only shown to toss people, not enough to beat Ganondorf's strength. Further, Sauron's power hasn't shown enough destructive capacity to bypass Ganondorf's castle level durability.

Link is super strong, too, I'm not sure why you have a problem with this.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 02:57 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You said Sauron's magic could break pillars, and that's not physical strength. Sauron's physical strength was only shown to toss people, not enough to beat Ganondorf's strength. Further, Sauron's power hasn't shown enough destructive capacity to bypass Ganondorf's castle level durability.

Link is super strong, too, I'm not sure why you have a problem with this.
We don't see the castle fall on top of him so that isn't strength. I is speculation.

Sauron's strength sent random bodies flying and dead. Drf was resisted canonically by Link.

Link needs gear in order to do so. Link can be parried by any common mookminnthe game.

Sauron would destroy him with a swipe or two.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 03:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

We don't see the castle fall on top of him so that isn't strength. I is speculation.

I wasn't talking about the castle, I was talking about the Beast Ganon fight where he bodily shatters several pillars just by brushing against them.

quote:

Sauron's strength sent random bodies flying and dead. Drf was resisted canonically by Link.

So Sauron's strength is roughly on par with King Bulblin's, good for him. Link could also resist Sauron, and would probably be able to throw Sauron, so I don't why you even bring him up. Link has super strength, too.

quote:

Link needs gear in order to do so. Link can be parried by any common mookminnthe game.

Proven false on both counts. Firstly, Link needs no gear for his best feats, and second, no. The only things in the game actually capable of parrying him are specifically elite units. But do you really want to use gameplay again?

quote:

Sauron would destroy him with a swipe or two.

Sauron's swipes would accomplish nothing as Ganon simply steps on him.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 10:16 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I wasn't talking about the castle, I was talking about the Beast Ganon fight where he bodily shatters several pillars just by brushing against them.

So Sauron's strength is roughly on par with King Bulblin's, good for him. Link could also resist Sauron, and would probably be able to throw Sauron, so I don't why you even bring him up. Link has super strength, too.

Proven false on both counts. Firstly, Link needs no gear for his best feats, and second, no. The only things in the game actually capable of parrying him are specifically elite units. But do you really want to use gameplay again?

Sauron's swipes would accomplish nothing as Ganon simply steps on him.
That is beast mode due to his altered size and gained weight. We see Midna overpower him without even having to transform. Sauron can also destroy pillars without a body for Zelda's sake.

Nah, Link has been ko'd by henchmen. Bulbin never swung an axe and knocked back five men twenty feet either. Feats, broski.

Yes, he does. He needs boots to contend with bigger characters. Dorf parries him as well.

Tk holds Ganondorf in check. When he died nothing happened when Sauron died the entire battlefield of thousands were knocked off their feet.

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 01:54 PM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

That is beast mode due to his altered size and gained weight. We see Midna overpower him without even having to transform. Sauron can also destroy pillars without a body for Zelda's sake.

We've also seen Midna lift giant stone bridges and hundred ton volcanic rocks, and then smash hundreds of meters of ice with them. Midna would also crush Sauron with a flick of her hair. Ganon still steps on Sauron, and Sauron can do nothing to stop it.

quote:

Nah, Link has been ko'd by henchmen. Bulbin never swung an axe and knocked back five men twenty feet either. Feats, broski.

Sauron's never knocked a massive boar twenty feet either. I thought you didn't like "feat whores," why change your stance now?
Oh, and just to note Link has also been tossed by axe blows and cannons more powerful than Sauron's physical strength. Both Link and Ganondorf physically outclass Sauron to a huge extent.

quote:

Yes, he does. He needs boots to contend with bigger characters. Dorf parries him as well.

He didn't need them for Blizzeta. Link and Ganondorf have roughly equal strength, and that strength is far above what Sauron is capable of.

quote:

Tk holds Ganondorf in check. When he died nothing happened when Sauron died the entire battlefield of thousands were knocked off their feet.

laughing out loud

I SAURON WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN

Seriously, that's kind of pathetic. What's your argument here? That Ganondorf will kill Sauron and then get knocked off his feet? In any case, Ganondorf has his own TK, and go into particle form. Then he portals above Sauron and steps on him.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2014 11:41 PM
quanchi112
Disney

We've also seen Midna lift giant stone bridges and hundred ton volcanic rocks, and then smash hundreds of meters of ice with them. Midna would also crush Sauron with a flick of her hair. Ganon still steps on Sauron, and Sauron can do nothing to stop it.

Sauron's never knocked a massive boar twenty feet either. I thought you didn't like "feat whores," why change your stance now?
Oh, and just to note Link has also been tossed by axe blows and cannons more powerful than Sauron's physical strength. Both Link and Ganondorf physically outclass Sauron to a huge extent.

He didn't need them for Blizzeta. Link and Ganondorf have roughly equal strength, and that strength is far above what Sauron is capable of.

I SAURON WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN

Seriously, that's kind of pathetic. What's your argument here? That Ganondorf will kill Sauron and then get knocked off his feet? In any case, Ganondorf has his own TK, and go into particle form. Then he portals above Sauron and steps on him.
No, she wouldn't since tk clearly abuses her. Sauron would annihilate her with tk. She wouldn't touch him.

Bulbin failed to knock Link back whereas his henchmen ko'd him. Thats a direct comparison. Sauron wins. smile

He needed an item to do so. Gear. Without it he sucks.

I am saying that is another example on top of him swinging his weapon in direct comparison blows Dorfs feats out of the window.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 12:05 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

No, she wouldn't since tk clearly abuses her. Sauron would annihilate her with tk. She wouldn't touch him.

Not if she had the Fused Shadows. Regardless, your original counter fails because Midna's hair is also stronger than Sauron. Therefore you have no ounter to Beast Ganon casually stomping Sauron out of existence.

quote:

Bulbin failed to knock Link back whereas his henchmen ko'd him. Thats a direct comparison. Sauron wins. smile

Blatantly false. King Bulblin did indeed knock both Link and a giant boar flying backwards. That's a direct comparison, and it clearly shows that Sauron is roughly equal in strength to King Bulblin. Which means that Sauron cannot physically hurt Link or Ganondorf.

quote:

He needed an item to do so. Gear. Without it he sucks.

Gear does not diminish feats and I don't see why you think it would.

quote:
I am saying that is another example on top of him swinging his weapon in direct comparison blows Dorfs feats out of the window.

Knocking people down is a pathetic showing next to exploding castles and freezing cities solid, not to mention throwing a Twilight field over an entire country. And Ganondorf does all of that without needing to die first. So you need to accept that Ganondorf completely outclasses Sauron both physically and magically, therefore Ganon steps on Sauron.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 12:13 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Not if she had the Fused Shadows. Regardless, your original counter fails because Midna's hair is also stronger than Sauron. Therefore you have no ounter to Beast Ganon casually stomping Sauron out of existence.

Blatantly false. King Bulblin did indeed knock both Link and a giant boar flying backwards. That's a direct comparison, and it clearly shows that Sauron is roughly equal in strength to King Bulblin. Which means that Sauron cannot physically hurt Link or Ganondorf.

Gear does not diminish feats and I don't see why you think it would.

Knocking people down is a pathetic showing next to exploding castles and freezing cities solid, not to mention throwing a Twilight field over an entire country. And Ganondorf does all of that without needing to die first. So you need to accept that Ganondorf completely outclasses Sauron both physically and magically, therefore Ganon steps on Sauron.
Beast Ganon cannot do so. Sauron can tk him on his ass and wreck his wounds which still plagues him.

Link was not thrown back anywhere near as far or killed. He wasn't even ko'd. The henchmen did so easily. Awful.

Gear makes the feat possible not link.

Being overpowered by Link is pathetic and we don't see the castle fall on Dorf which has to do with durability not strength anyway.

Sauron wins, easily.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 12:19 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Beast Ganon cannot do so. Sauron can tk him on his ass and wreck his wounds which still plagues him.

Twilight portals out. Creates portal above Sauron. Steps on him.

quote:

Link was not thrown back anywhere near as far or killed. He wasn't even ko'd. The henchmen did so easily. Awful.

Yeah, that's why Sauron wouldn't be able to hurt him. Sauron is King Bulblin tier, and I agree that's pretty awful.

quote:

Gear makes the feat possible not link.

So?

quote:

Being overpowered by Link is pathetic and we don't see the castle fall on Dorf which has to do with durability not strength anyway.

Sauron wins, easily.

Why do you think I argue that the castle fell on Ganondorf? I've never said such a thing.

Ganondorf's durability comes from shrugging off Midna's attack.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 12:28 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Twilight portals out. Creates portal above Sauron. Steps on him.

Yeah, that's why Sauron wouldn't be able to hurt him. Sauron is King Bulblin tier, and I agree that's pretty awful.

So?

Why do you think I argue that the castle fell on Ganondorf? I've never said such a thing.

Ganondorf's durability comes from shrugging off Midna's attack.
Tk prevents Ganon from moving. He crushes him without having to do anything, really.

Sauron is far greater since he killed who he hit the mace with unlike Bulbin.

We don't know if he shrugged it off or if it defeated that giant head. Speculation. Swords impale him.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 12:33 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Teleports from TK.

Can movie Sauron damage Ganon, Scene?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 12:43 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Tk prevents Ganon from moving. He crushes him without having to do anything, really.

As BloodRain says, Ganon teleports, portals, or twilight particles out of TK. Then he steps on Sauron.

quote:

Sauron is far greater since he killed who he hit the mace with unlike Bulbin.

Link's too durable for that, though, and those boars can charge through walls with no damage. King Bulblin tossed both, putting him in Sauron's strength tier.

quote:

We don't know if he shrugged it off or if it defeated that giant head. Speculation. Swords impale him.

It clearly didn't defeat him, as he was "fine" as you put it. No normal sword has ever harmed Ganondorf.

quote:
Can movie Sauron damage Ganon, Scene?

Physically, if the best Sauron has is tossing human opponents, I say he can't harm Ganon. Magic may be different, but unless it's castle scale again I don't think so.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 12:53 AM
quanchi112
Disney

As BloodRain says, Ganon teleports, portals, or twilight particles out of TK. Then he steps on Sauron.

Link's too durable for that, though, and those boars can charge through walls with no damage. King Bulblin tossed both, putting him in Sauron's strength tier.

It clearly didn't defeat him, as he was "fine" as you put it. No normal sword has ever harmed Ganondorf.

Physically, if the best Sauron has is tossing human opponents, I say he can't harm Ganon. Magic may be different, but unless it's castle scale again I don't think so.
he isn't that fast. Nor was he fast enough to do that to link who didn't have those powers.

No, he isn't. Points to the Bulbins koing him scene. Mortal draw also shows off in the wrong position he can be killed by anyone.

He recovered in his humanoid form. We don't know if it defeated the head form.

He kills who he hits unlike Bulbin. Dorf never had the power to toss people back in the same manner. Link is stronger than Dorf.

Sauron easily wins.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 03:21 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

he isn't that fast. Nor was he fast enough to do that to link who didn't have those powers.

[b](please log in to view the image)

He did so against Link fast enough to dodge arrows. Play Twilight Princess.

quote:

No, he isn't. Points to the Bulbins koing him scene. Mortal draw also shows off in the wrong position he can be killed by anyone.

(please log in to view the image)

Sauron is about this strong. He can't hurt Ganondorf.

quote:

He recovered in his humanoid form. We don't know if it defeated the head form.

Midna was the one that was defeated, so it's pretty clear that it didn't.

quote:

He kills who he hits unlike Bulbin. Dorf never had the power to toss people back in the same manner. Link is stronger than Dorf.

Sauron easily wins.

Ganon shattered pillars by brushing against them. Ganon steps on Sauron casually.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2014 06:13 AM
quanchi112
Disney

He did so against Link fast enough to dodge arrows. Play Twilight Princess.

Sauron is about this strong. He can't hurt Ganondorf.

Midna was the one that was defeated, so it's pretty clear that it didn't.

Ganon shattered pillars by brushing against them. Ganon steps on Sauron casually.
Gameplay mechanic. He can't dodge swords for pity's sake. Arrows>>>swords. laughing out loud

Sauron is much stronger. Bulbin can't ko with a direct hit to the head. Bulbin is also stronger than Link who is stronger than Dorf.

Yes, because the castle might have defeated her not Dorf. Dorf could have teleported away so in the end we don't know what defeated her since it was off screen.

Due to his size. Sauron doesn't need to alter his size and his powers can easily do far better. He is also far stronger and Dorf in humanoid size is overpowered by Link.

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 02:46 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Link doesnt use swords on beast Ganon unless he's already been knocked down. You did play this game, right?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 12:11 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Gameplay mechanic. He can't dodge swords for pity's sake. Arrows>>>swords. laughing out loud

You are not convincing me that you actually played Twilight Princess.

quote:

Sauron is much stronger. Bulbin can't ko with a direct hit to the head. Bulbin is also stronger than Link who is stronger than Dorf.

Incorrect. Both Sauron and King Bulblin are in a rough "body toss" tier, which is empirically not enough to hurt Ganondorf. Further, both Link and Ganondorf are high above the simple bodily tossing tier that Sauron is in. They're stronger than he is, essentially.

quote:

Yes, because the castle might have defeated her not Dorf. Dorf could have teleported away so in the end we don't know what defeated her since it was off screen.

Pure speculation. We actually see Midna attack Ganondorf, and you can't change that.

quote:

Due to his size. Sauron doesn't need to alter his size and his powers can easily do far better. He is also far stronger and Dorf in humanoid size is overpowered by Link.

laughing out loud

Then Ganon steps on and crushes Sauron with superior size.

Thus Ganon wins.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 01:53 PM
quanchi112
Disney

You are not convincing me that you actually played Twilight Princess.

Incorrect. Both Sauron and King Bulblin are in a rough "body toss" tier, which is empirically not enough to hurt Ganondorf. Further, both Link and Ganondorf are high above the simple bodily tossing tier that Sauron is in. They're stronger than he is, essentially.

Pure speculation. We actually see Midna attack Ganondorf, and you can't change that.

Then Ganon steps on and crushes Sauron with superior size.

Thus Ganon wins.
That is a gameplay mechanic. Much slower attacks beat him. laughing out loud

Based off what ? You're saying if you hand the master sword to Bulbin it won't hurt Dorf ? Utterly preposterous. We don't see anyone lack the strength to hurt Dorf in the game either. More baseless claims. Sauron has greater strength than Dorf, Link, and Bulbin. He also has the powers to hold Dorf still whether he is in animal form or not.

It is speculation either way from any perspective. We know it doesn't kill him Thats also but we've seen another form defeated just not killed.

Tk, weakness wound, superior strength. Sauron stomps.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2014 04:06 PM