KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Fate vs Odin

Dr. Fate vs Odin
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
You cherry picked. You're clinging to the higher showings not the entire body of work. Operator already corrected you.

I'm starting to think you just like arguing without an actual point to make.

You asked for scans of Fate time manipulating and they were offered.
You asked for scans of fate's durability and they were also offered.

The fact is there are no "low feats" of the entity Fate to offer. All his low showings are about his power not affecting something or him being immobilized or BFR'd. Added to which two of the "low showings WERE amongst the scans i gave (which you clearly didn't even view). I showed two of his losses. In none of these was he ever physically damaged.

As for cherry picking and not using the "whole body of work". I even used feats of durability from the lowest powered version of fate of all ( Eric and Linda). The version of fate who was troubled by parrademons.

Not that any of this is relevent as the version of Fate chosen in this thread effectively only has a single issue to draw feats from and has no low showings at all to utilize for it and that one story is the highest ever showings of Fate in any tale he has ever appeared. That's my whole problem with this battle. It's a cherry picked fate who doesn't have a low feat or showing to use. It can draw on all the showings of Classic fate as that is only PART of the power bestowed on this version but it's really nothing but conjecture.

This version of fate has all the power of Classic, plus the unable to verify or quantify power of the human spirit of all humanity ( the Lords of order and Chaos thing is quite frankly irrelevant since the spirit of man is where they get their power from, it's why the Lords of order had Grey man collect human dreams and desires for them, it's why they sought worship, tap emotions like love hate etc). We can allude to using the creativity with the power Inza nelson showed only as this was before she showed it (unless it's after) since they are "equally' driving the entity with Nabu who is in the helm. Combined with the experience of an ancient entity from before this universe was crated. There is nothing to gauge this version by, we have no low feats, only high and no way of knowing the context or level to which that can be taken.

The only "low Durability" feats that anyone could offer out of the history of Fate would be from Kent's mortal form without the power fo Fate at all from his half helmet days. As he has no magic spells or power and doesn't energy manipulate or have complete control over his own atoms he is limited to Superman level invulnerability and had succumbed to smoke, vacuum and gas and been KO'd because of his only weakness the need to breath.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 12:19 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by beatboks
I'm starting to think you just like arguing without an actual point to make.

You asked for scans of Fate time manipulating and they were offered.
You asked for scans of fate's durability and they were also offered.

The fact is there are no "low feats" of the entity Fate to offer. All his low showings are about his power not affecting something or him being immobilized or BFR'd. Added to which two of the "low showings WERE amongst the scans i gave (which you clearly didn't even view). I showed two of his losses. In none of these was he ever physically damaged.

As for cherry picking and not using the "whole body of work". I even used feats of durability from the lowest powered version of fate of all ( Eric and Linda). The version of fate who was troubled by parrademons.

Not that any of this is relevent as the version of Fate chosen in this thread effectively only has a single issue to draw feats from and has no low showings at all to utilize for it and that one story is the highest ever showings of Fate in any tale he has ever appeared. That's my whole problem with this battle. It's a cherry picked fate who doesn't have a low feat or showing to use. It can draw on all the showings of Classic fate as that is only PART of the power bestowed on this version but it's really nothing but conjecture.

This version of fate has all the power of Classic, plus the unable to verify or quantify power of the human spirit of all humanity ( the Lords of order and Chaos thing is quite frankly irrelevant since the spirit of man is where they get their power from, it's why the Lords of order had Grey man collect human dreams and desires for them, it's why they sought worship, tap emotions like love hate etc). We can allude to using the creativity with the power Inza nelson showed only as this was before she showed it (unless it's after) since they are "equally' driving the entity with Nabu who is in the helm. Combined with the experience of an ancient entity from before this universe was crated. There is nothing to gauge this version by, we have no low feats, only high and no way of knowing the context or level to which that can be taken.

The only "low Durability" feats that anyone could offer out of the history of Fate would be from Kent's mortal form without the power fo Fate at all from his half helmet days. As he has no magic spells or power and doesn't energy manipulate or have complete control over his own atoms he is limited to Superman level invulnerability and had succumbed to smoke, vacuum and gas and been KO'd because of his only weakness the need to breath.
Fate isn't at Odin's level just like Dr. strange isn't. That is the point. The mages have really high highs is all.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 12:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

I was not crushed. You have no idea how to actually debate itself. This thread makes that point painfully obvious.

No, it would not since it does not change the durability of Fate and since this isn't his average showing.

Quit ignoring the context. Odin wins.

Beatboks has learned how futile it is to actual reason with an irrational person.

That irrational person being you.

You asked me for "Scans" but since I know your shtick I was aware that it would make no difference. You aren't seeking knowledge but simply attempting to play a game and declare yourself the winner.

Beatboks provided the proof and STILL it isn't enough to quiet your flailing and posturing.

Keep posting though, Quan.

You're going down in flames and yet you're still pouring gasoline on your charred remains.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 03:27 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Golgo13
So, you're choosing a specific Fate, right?

Yes, as per the OP scenario.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 03:28 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Beatboks has learned how futile it is to actual reason with an irrational person.

That irrational person being you.

You asked me for "Scans" but since I know your shtick I was aware that it would make no difference. You aren't seeking knowledge but simply attempting to play a game and declare yourself the winner.

Beatboks provided the proof and STILL it isn't enough to quiet your flailing and posturing.

Keep posting though, Quan.

You're going down in flames and yet you're still pouring gasoline on your charred remains.
My point remains steadfast. Odin wins based on superior showings.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 03:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yes, as per the OP scenario.

Gotcha. Who do you got on average?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 03:31 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Golgo13
Gotcha. Who do you got on average?

Classic Dr. Fate would give Odin a battle but he would lose.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 03:42 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Fate isn't at Odin's level just like Dr. strange isn't. That is the point. The mages have really high highs is all.

I've never once stated otherwise. In the use of purely magic Classic Fate would be behind Classic Strange. He becomes the equal of Classic Strange only because he has Superman level physicals ( less speed that is only sonic) and Captain Atom level energy matter manip as well as his magic.

The fact is the version selected here is an amp. The Flash story that introduced it the two lords of Order / chaos that fate was fighting were beyond his power. He needed to increase his power to handle them. He did so by merging with his wife to tap the power of the human spirit and chaos as well as order.

Are these two lords Odin level? There's no way to know because it is there only appearance. We see them warp reality which is a limited view of it and have only their words to say they warped the cosmos ( possibly hyperbole but who knows)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 04:16 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by beatboks
I've never once stated otherwise. In the use of purely magic Classic Fate would be behind Classic Strange. He becomes the equal of Classic Strange only because he has Superman level physicals ( less speed that is only sonic) and Captain Atom level energy matter manip as well as his magic.

The fact is the version selected here is an amp. The Flash story that introduced it the two lords of Order / chaos that fate was fighting were beyond his power. He needed to increase his power to handle them. He did so by merging with his wife to tap the power of the human spirit and chaos as well as order.

Are these two lords Odin level? There's no way to know because it is there only appearance. We see them warp reality which is a limited view of it and have only their words to say they warped the cosmos ( possibly hyperbole but who knows)
I don't see the amp being enough to deal with Odin who is just too powerful.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 04:38 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Hyperbole in the sense that being Amon Ra doesn't really prove anything at base value. Just like posting evidence Odin is omnipotent is hyperbole despite it being in the comics themselves.

Can someone make sense of what this man is typing? Just how the phuck did you correlate.

A) Fate conjuring a God.

B) Being Empowered by said God.

= To hyperbole

When its shown, and stated.
quote:

You cherry picked. You're clinging to the higher showings not the entire body of work. Operator already corrected you.

Cherry Picking? Fate enters this battle in his most powerful state. Not his average. The comic actually points out as so.

And as such, he took on a pair who are a universal force. Clearly a set of enemies, that are as strong, if not stronger than Odin.

Do you comprehend?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 07:09 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by "Id"
Can someone make sense of what this man is typing? Just how the phuck did you correlate.

A) Fate conjuring a God.

= To hyperbole

Cherry Picking? Fate enters this battle in his most powerful state. Not his average. The comic actually points out as so.

And as such, he took on a pair who are a universal force. Clearly a set of enemies, that are as strong, if not stronger than Odin.

Do you comprehend?

He will never concede.

Keep roasting him though! cool

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 11:06 PM
quanchi112
Disney

A) Fate conjuring a God.

= To hyperbole

Do you comprehend?
I never said any of that wasn't true. I said that being a god doesn't denote any kind of particular power. Ares from marvel is a god of war who most would agree doesn't hold a candle to Odin. That is why we compare and look at feats of power. Saying someone is a god is hyperbole and doesn't prove anything at face value.

You can't ignore his other showings or his losses which I'm sure don't paint him into this semi invincible being you believe him to be.

Absolutely.

Strange at his best doesn't beat Odin either because like Fate context is usually ignored as well as preparation.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 11:11 PM
LordofBrooklyn

I never said any of that wasn't true. I said that being a god doesn't denote any kind of particular power. Ares from marvel is a god of war who most would agree doesn't hold a candle to Odin. That is why we compare and look at feats of power. Saying someone is a god is hyperbole and doesn't prove anything at face value.

You can't ignore his other showings or his losses which I'm sure don't paint him into this semi invincible being you believe him to be.

Absolutely.

Strange at his best doesn't beat Odin either because like Fate context is usually ignored as well as preparation.

Why are you so unfamiliar with these basic aspects of these characters and yet still argue so strenously?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 11:17 PM
Senor Cage

He will never concede.

Keep roasting him though! cool

laughing out loud thumb up

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 11:17 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Do you comprehend?
He was immune to them, and they have no other showings.

Idk how you can say with any conviction the Odin loses.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I mean more out of confusion than defiance

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Last edited by pym-ftw on Jan 27th, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 11:36 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Why are you so unfamiliar with these basic aspects of these characters and yet still argue so strenously?
Irony abounds.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 11:38 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Irony abounds.

Point to a thread and prove it.

You've been on quite the losing streak as of late.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 12:13 AM
LordofBrooklyn

In all seriousness, I really do find Quan's behavior strange.

There have been several entertaining and informative threads involving the cosmology of both Marvel and DC. I've participated in the Beyonder and the DC Universe one because it is limited to characters that I'm knowledgeable about.

Despite being the King of Canon, I've stayed out of the others and simply read and learned and watched the experts go at it.

You clearly are grasping at straws and arguing just to argue. You stopped at page 2 and seemed to double down when Operator got involved.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 12:19 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by pym-ftw
He was immune to them, and they have no other showings.

Idk how you can say with any conviction the Odin loses.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I mean more out of confusion than defiance

How many showings does Rune King Thor have?

There is a tremendous applied to the character involving implied power.

Why shouldn't the power that the 2 most notable Lords of Order and Chaos be enough to legitimize the feat illustrated by Dr.Fate/Inza?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 12:22 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

RKT fought established characters to help gauge where he lands power wise.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 28th, 2014 12:42 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote