KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is more feared among their own troops ?

Who is feared the most ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Voldemort 6 25.00%
Sauron 18 75.00%
Ravenna (Snow White and the Huntsman) 0 0%
Bavmorda (Willow) 0 0%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is more feared among their own troops ?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
It's clear you're still so butthurt over everyone handing you your own ass in the Sauron Vs Voldermort threads that you're making thread after thread desperately trying to find something Voldermort is better at than Sauron; this one isn't it.

May I suggest you make these threads:

Who is the bigger coward, Sauron or Voldermort?

Who is better at failing to kill an infant, Sauron or Voldermort?

Who got outplayed more by a child throughout the child's life, Sauron or Voldermort?

Who looks more fabulous waving around a baton-like object, Sauron or Voldermort?

I guarantee many wins for Voldermort there smile
Or I just like arguing every facet of this debate as possible. I don't get emotional like you.

Voldemort inspires a lot more fear from his troops and rightfully so. He killed his own men whereas I don't recall Sauron ever doing so. Voldemort had everyone afraid of him whereas Sauron's general wouldn't care about making open demands from the guy.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:14 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by quanchi112
I don't get emotional like you.

LOL!!!

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:21 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
LOL!!!
?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:22 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Or I just like arguing every facet of this debate as possible. I don't get emotional like you.

laughing

Voldemort inspires a lot more fear from his troops and rightfully so. He killed his own men whereas I don't recall Sauron ever doing so. Voldemort had everyone afraid of him whereas Sauron's general wouldn't care about making open demands from the guy.

Wrong.

Sauron can be as careless of the lives of his soldiers as he likes, for there are always more to swell the ranks, he breeds Orcs that replicate at a horrific rate all over the planes of Mordor. He has warriors from Rhun, Harad, Khand, Agmar and all over the Misty Mountains, and all these realms are submissive to him chiefly through fear, even after the loss of the Ring.

Also, what kinds of fear are we dealing with? Voldy's troops have more to fear directly to be sure, but Sauron inspires more general fear because of what he controls. His own followers fear him because of his absolute dominion over the nine, and that fear inspires loyalty. Everyone else fears him because of that loyalty and the vigor it inspires. Several of the nations I mentioned are ruled through fear by proxy. Rhun being the lone exeption, as Sauron is worshipped as a vengeful deiety there.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:42 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
laughing

Wrong.

Sauron can be as careless of the lives of his soldiers as he likes, for there are always more to swell the ranks, he breeds Orcs that replicate at a horrific rate all over the planes of Mordor. He has warriors from Rhun, Harad, Khand, Agmar and all over the Misty Mountains, and all these realms are submissive to him chiefly through fear, even after the loss of the Ring.

Also, what kinds of fear are we dealing with? Voldy's troops have more to fear directly to be sure, but Sauron inspires more general fear because of what he controls. His own followers fear him because of his absolute dominion over the nine, and that fear inspires loyalty. Everyone else fears him because of that loyalty and the vigor it inspires. Several of the nations I mentioned are ruled through fear by proxy. Rhun being the lone exeption, as Sauron is worshipped as a vengeful deiety there.
Having more troops doesn't translate into the troops under your command fearing you more. Try and understand.

57 seconds in we see the pale Orc aka his general flat out demand something from Sauron. He lets his own general disrespect him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRO0uP6aAs

Quit speaking from hyperbole and cite examples from the films not the books.

Now compare that interaction with this one.

39-43 seconds in. He kind of questions attacking the shield here and all that is required of Voldemort is a stern look to see his tail go back between his legs.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X34HPAxlyd8

This isn't close at all.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:47 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Having more troops doesn't translate into the troops under your command fearing you more. Try and understand.

57 seconds in we see the pale Orc aka his general flat out demand something from Sauron. He lets his own general disrespect him.

39-43 seconds in. He kind of questions attacking the shield here and all that is required of Voldemort is a stern look to see his tail go back between his legs.

This isn't close at all.

If you notice, that guy above you used actually Lord of the Rings facts. So they didn't mention it in the movie, the books are still canon to the movies. So don't get all but hurt when someone has facts proving you wrong.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:53 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If you notice, that guy above you used actually Lord of the Rings facts. So they didn't mention it in the movie, the books are still canon to the movies. So don't get all but hurt when someone has facts proving you wrong.
Against the rules.

GTFO.

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

Its so fun to point this out to the biased trying to argue for book feats.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:56 AM
Darkstorm Zero

This isn't close at all.

You keep bringing up the Azog thing as though it were the only thing of value.

What you don't seem to understand is that, unlike Voldemort, Sauron doesn't fly off the handle and kill his own men for very little things, he isn't a spoiled little brat with delusions due to daddy issues.

Voldemort isn't feared due to his power, or skill or influence, he is feared because he is psychotically unstable, but the thing with that kind of fear? it promotes sedition and betrayal. Sauron is more calm and calculated, and able to negotiate good deals with his troops, and is more diplomatic, thus that makes him a better leader, and rightly more feared by his enemies, and among his own troops. He does not punish and compromise his forces and deprive them of capable leaders like Azog for the sake of "Being a badass fear monger with psychotic daddy issues".

Also, please point out anything I said being Hyperbole... You have no idea what that word even means.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 01:57 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You keep bringing up the Azog thing as though it were the only thing of value.

What you don't seem to understand is that, unlike Voldemort, Sauron doesn't fly off the handle and kill his own men for very little things, he isn't a spoiled little brat with delusions due to daddy issues.

Voldemort isn't feared due to his power, or skill or influence, he is feared because he is psychotically unstable, but the thing with that kind of fear? it promotes sedition and betrayal. Sauron is more calm and calculated, and able to negotiate good deals with his troops, and is more diplomatic, thus that makes him a better leader, and rightly more feared by his enemies, and among his own troops. He does not punish and compromise his forces and deprive them of capable leaders like Azog for the sake of "Being a badass fear monger with psychotic daddy issues".

Also, please point out anything I said being Hyperbole... You have no idea what that word even means.
Saying he rules them like a vengeful deity. That is worthless and hyperbolic. A guy killed a vengeful deity with a broken sword. laughing out loud you make it so easy.

Sauron allowed his general to openly disrespect him and lost anyways. laughing out loud

He was so cold and calculating he lasted under a minute on the battlefield. Do you honestly think before you hit submit reply. laughing out loud

Sauron allowed a beaten Orc to openly disrespect him. Voldemort looks his troops way and they look away. Voldemort is clearly more feared.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 02:01 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Saying he rules them like a vengeful deity. That is worthless and hyperbolic. A guy killed a vengeful deity with a broken sword. laughing out loud you make it so easy.

We've been over that, and you lost that debate. And that was only one of the nations I mentioned. Plus, Sauron wasn't killed. He was bodiless, but unlike Voldemort, Sauron was still influencing direct control through fear.

Sauron allowed his general to openly disrespect him and lost anyways. laughing out loud

Except he didn't and we have not seen Part 3 yet, so don't go making hasty generalisations and assumtions in an attempt to asspull something stupid like you usually do.

He was so cold and calculating he lasted under a minute on the battlefield. Do you honestly think before you hit submit reply. laughing out loud

Do you really want to go into all the details of the Battles of the Last Aliance? because that would require bringing in book material, and there is no way to avoid it.

Sauron allowed a beaten Orc to openly disrespect him. Voldemort looks his troops way and they look away. Voldemort is clearly more feared.

They feared his psychosis, not his skill or power.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 02:08 AM
quanchi112
Disney

We've been over that, and you lost that debate. And that was only one of the nations I mentioned. Plus, Sauron wasn't killed. He was bodiless, but unlike Voldemort, Sauron was still influencing direct control through fear.

Except he didn't and we have not seen Part 3 yet, so don't go making hasty generalisations and assumtions in an attempt to asspull something stupid like you usually do.

Do you really want to go into all the details of the Battles of the Last Aliance? because that would require bringing in book material, and there is no way to avoid it.

They feared his psychosis, not his skill or power.
No, I didn't lose. I have been using your own words against you treating like an adult treats a child. Voldemort wasn't killed either by your logic only he exerted influence while returning go his body and seizing control.

Part 3 won't change that interaction. You honestly can't even think for yourself and say things which make no sense at all.

Movie feats only. The guy was so cold and calculating he lunged at a foe with his ring right out in the open and died because of it.

laughing out loud

Voldemort was the darkest, most skilled, most powerful wizard in the movie series. The filmmakers actually even say so. You are so ignorant I can't even be mad at you. Never change.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 02:13 AM
Darkstorm Zero

No, I didn't lose. I have been using your own words against you treating like an adult treats a child. Voldemort wasn't killed either by your logic only he exerted influence while returning go his body and seizing control.

You think you have, but in reality you do what you've always done. You've avoided providing even an ounce of credible evidence, posting double standards, goalpost shifting and general flip flopping with plenty of flames and ad hominem sprinkled in. And you think that makes you clever or adult? laughing

Except he was dead. He was survived by Horcruxes. Sauron never recovered the ring, nor did he implant a porton of his immortal soul into it.

Part 3 won't change that interaction. You honestly can't even think for yourself and say things which make no sense at all.

You are inferring things that have not happened yet, thus you have no proof on how it would play out. You are again trying to insult me, but you are failing miserably, because your own logic again works against you.

Movie feats only. The guy was so cold and calculating he lunged at a foe with his ring right out in the open and died because of it.

laughing out loud

Wrong. refer to rule number 8. if a character has appeared in more than movies, then the events depicted in that media is also admissible as long as it does not directly contradict the movie canon.

Voldemort was the darkest, most skilled, most powerful wizard in the movie series. The filmmakers actually even say so. You are so ignorant I can't even be mad at you. Never change.

But that's not why they feared him. Dumbledore matched him in terms of skill and power easily, and yet he is not feared and hated for it.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 02:35 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You think you have, but in reality you do what you've always done. You've avoided providing even an ounce of credible evidence, posting double standards, goalpost shifting and general flip flopping with plenty of flames and ad hominem sprinkled in. And you think that makes you clever or adult? laughing

Except he was dead. He was survived by Horcruxes. Sauron never recovered the ring, nor did he implant a porton of his immortal soul into it.

You are inferring things that have not happened yet, thus you have no proof on how it would play out. You are again trying to insult me, but you are failing miserably, because your own logic again works against you.

Wrong. refer to rule number 8. if a character has appeared in more than movies, then the events depicted in that media is also admissible as long as it does not directly contradict the movie canon.

But that's not why they feared him. Dumbledore matched him in terms of skill and power easily, and yet he is not feared and hated for it.
Whether or not he did or not was irrelevant. Try and pay attention. Both could exist without bodies. Both could return to their bodies as long as these magical objects existed. Once the magical objects were destroyed they couldn't come back. I wish you could understand simple principles on your own.

So you believe something from part three will change or retcon the interaction. laughing out loud

Let's take bets. Loser leaves for a month on kmc. Deal ?

Wrong. Movie feats only. It is clearly in the rules. This is the movie versus forum. If you can't understand the simple rules then my child analogy is only proven even more so after that.

The point is no one would fear him if he was some idiot who lacked power and skill. He clearly had the skill and power to rule over others. The fact I have to explain to you the obvious makes me glad you haven't reproduced.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 02:52 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Against the rules.

GTFO.

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

Its so fun to point this out to the biased trying to argue for book feats.

Yeah but these feats do not contradict the on screen(movie canon) actually they make it make sense. So yeah... burn slowly.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 02:53 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah but these feats do not contradict the on screen(movie canon) actually they make it make sense. So yeah... burn slowly.
It says movie feats only.

Three simple words, MOVIE FEATS ONLY!!!

Do you understand what these three simple words mean when used in sequence ?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 02:56 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Whether or not he did or not was irrelevant. Try and pay attention. Both could exist without bodies. Both could return to their bodies as long as these magical objects existed. Once the magical objects were destroyed they couldn't come back. I wish you could understand simple principles on your own.

Then how was he influencing events as the Necromancer, or the eye apparition? You are acting foolish.

So you believe something from part three will change or retcon the interaction. laughing out loud

Let's take bets. Loser leaves for a month on kmc. Deal ?

I know from the books what happens, but it does not change my point. We have the advantage of foresight Quan, characters in-universe do not.

Wrong. Movie feats only. It is clearly in the rules. This is the movie versus forum. If you can't understand the simple rules then my child analogy is only proven even more so after that.

*yawns and points to rule 8 once again* I only need that exeption to overrule your prattling.

The point is no one would fear him if he was some idiot who lacked power and skill. He clearly had the skill and power to rule over others. The fact I have to explain to you the obvious makes me glad you haven't reproduced.

Yes, so clearly he lost to Harry twice.....

keep up the insulting Quan, it just proves that you are losing, and burning up on the inside all the more for it.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 04:12 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Then how was he influencing events as the Necromancer, or the eye apparition? You are acting foolish.

I know from the books what happens, but it does not change my point. We have the advantage of foresight Quan, characters in-universe do not.

*yawns and points to rule 8 once again* I only need that exeption to overrule your prattling.

Yes, so clearly he lost to Harry twice.....

keep up the insulting Quan, it just proves that you are losing, and burning up on the inside all the more for it.
He is bodiless but still interacting just like Voldemort did prior to coming back in a full sized body. laughing out loud

So all in all you say something stupid but won't put your money where your mouth is. So like you.

laughing out loud

Again, movie feats only. This is the movie versus forum. Take your book nonsense to the appropriate threads. You clearly aren't grasping three simple words. laughing out loud

He never lost to Harry in a fair fight. I don't expect you to understand though considering reading your posts is hilarious.

Voldemort defeated Harry hands down.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 04:54 AM
Darkstorm Zero

He is bodiless but still interacting just like Voldemort did prior to coming back in a full sized body. laughing out loud

With the exeption that sauron never actually died, Voldemort did.

So all in all you say something stupid but won't put your money where your mouth is. So like you.

laughing out loud

........ What? You have yet to refute the point.

Again, movie feats only. This is the movie versus forum. Take your book nonsense to the appropriate threads. You clearly aren't grasping three simple words. laughing out loud

You clearly aren't grasping the exeption that is Rule # 8. Go and read the rules in there entirety before you spout utter nonsense next time.

He never lost to Harry in a fair fight. I don't expect you to understand though considering reading your posts is hilarious.

Voldemort defeated Harry hands down.

When? The only times Voldemort directly fought Harry he lost or was outsmarted and Harry escaped. Of the two duels they had that reached a conclusion, Harry won. The only time Voldemort actually "won" was in the Goblet of Fire, and harry escaped despite being at a massive disadvantage.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 05:27 AM
quanchi112
Disney

With the exeption that sauron never actually died, Voldemort did.

........ What? You have yet to refute the point.

You clearly aren't grasping the exeption that is Rule # 8. Go and read the rules in there entirety before you spout utter nonsense next time.

When? The only times Voldemort directly fought Harry he lost or was outsmarted and Harry escaped. Of the two duels they had that reached a conclusion, Harry won. The only time Voldemort actually "won" was in the Goblet of Fire, and harry escaped despite being at a massive disadvantage.
So your body blowing up and you not being able to physically exist means you didn't die. Please have someone explain to you what death actually means.

The point is let's bet on what happens. Quit being scared of me. Man up.

There is an all versus for the books. Movie feats only make it very clear. Quit ignoring MOVIE FEATS ONLY.

Harry escaping means he lost. I guess if a fight starts and you flee somehow you think that isn't a forfeit. Disarming a wizard is a victory so he did so in OOTP.

Voldemort's wand was never his and his Horcruxes were destroyed by others.

Voldemort blasting him in the forts is another win as well. Harry never won one time.

Watch the films, seriously.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 05:32 AM
Darkstorm Zero

So your body blowing up and you not being able to physically exist means you didn't die. Please have someone explain to you what death actually means.

Except he does, and has repeatedly, read Necromancer, read the eye, read the Nazgul still existing.

Sauron never actually dies, as he is immortal, but he gets rendered inert once the ring is destroyed, there is a gigantic difference. If he died, he would "move on". Unlike Voldemort being trapped in Limbo after his final defeat, Sauron is forced to roam the world as an insubstantial shade, incapable of inflicting change or influence on what he observes.

The point is let's bet on what happens. Quit being scared of me. Man up.

That's not the point, and betting online is a fools errand. I already know what is going to happen, the point is the characters in universe don't. Man your logic is horrible.

There is an all versus for the books. Movie feats only make it very clear. Quit ignoring MOVIE FEATS ONLY.

Quit ignoring section 8 of the rules you are trying to force down everyone's neck. Is every rule bar that one applicable now? Since when do you decide what is and isn't in the rules? Reported for backseat modding.

Harry escaping means he lost. I guess if a fight starts and you flee somehow you think that isn't a forfeit. Disarming a wizard is a victory so he did so in OOTP.

Except Voldemort was out to kill, and he failed miserably. Harry outsmarted him to make that escape, and set up Voldemorts defeat later. It takes real planning to win overall wars, you have to know when to retreat, and when to stand your ground. You would know nothing of these matters, because you have the intellect of a lobotomised chimp.

Voldemort's wand was never his and his Horcruxes were destroyed by others.

Excuses. You sad little man. You even ignore the narrative of your own story.

Voldemort blasting him in the forts is another win as well. Harry never won one time.

Watch the films, seriously.

In the what-now?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 05:44 AM