KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Shaak Ti vs. Savage Opress

Shaak Ti vs. Savage Opress
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Intrepid37
He was able to attack him, per the text; all of his attempts were just blocked. Paratus' legs didn't help Marek, but he definitely weren't the more skillful of the two.

I know. Hence why I wrote that he wasn't able to successfully attack him, not that he couldn't attack him at all.

So anyway, you admit that Paratus was not beating him?

lol

Which was why he was using Soresu, to compensate.

Um, yeah. He was just blocking her attacks while he recovered physically and mentally.

He beat her with the Force, not with his lightsaber.

He distracted her with the Force, he didn't beat her with it. Also, if she was his equal then he wouldn't have been able to use the Force in such a flamboyant manner without her pressing him in lightsabers.

Because, as I said, she was unfamilar with the style he used. He was overwhelming her because of her lack of knowledge of Juyo, not because he was a more skilled swordsman.

Which only means that. Not that he couldn't overwhelm her with a style she was familiar with. He did not need to switch to it, he just did so.

Actually, I didn't miss it. If I was only going off the excerpt I provided, then I would have claimed that Kota was better, but I said they were even because of what occurs afterwards.

You mean where Galen pulls off a Soresu victory with him wearing Kota down and striking him when he gets sloppy? The exact thing someone using Soresu should be doing?

Don't be ridiculous. It's reasonable to opine that, because of her lack of using her lightsaber, her level of skill would be lower than in the PT. But even if she was still as skilled in TFU as in the PT, Asajj and Plo are more skilled than her. As the scan you provided yesterday confirmed, Ti was forced to retreat fast, whereas Ventress regularly gives Anakin trouble. Plo was even with Ventress, so the same should go for him.

And I suppose she taught Maris Brood how to fight with sticks instead of lightsabers, did she? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ABC logic. Ventress didn't give pissed-off dark side RotS Anakin a hard fight. In fact, as I recall he beat the shit out of her the last time they fought in CW. And Plo isn't more skilled than her. Plus Savage beat him by pulling his mask off when he was distracted, not in lightsaber combat.

Also, Shaak Ti was giving Galen Marek a tough time in combat. Marek was able to deal with Vaders strength and in TFUII his clone would toss a TIE fighter with his bare hands. So I don't think Savages strength would do much good here.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys
Plus Savage beat him by pulling his mask off when he was distracted, not in lightsaber combat.

I don't remeber Plo being distracted?

Savage never wins through pure Saber skills. He pounds on his foes with his strength, whether they be Lightsaber blows or Physical blows), and uses his tremendous Raw TK Power on them.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well to be fair so are most the council members, including Fisto, Tiin and Kolar. But I doubt any of them would take Opress for a majority.
they all can take savage

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 02:54 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tfu shaak ti would pwn savage due to her sexyness and fine ass

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 02:56 PM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by PTforthewin
they all can take savage

Together? Sure.

Individually? Well they have a shot, but would all lose a vast majority. Savage is just too strong and powerful for them, as he has shown against Plo Koon and Asajj Ventress.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't remeber Plo being distracted?

Savage never wins through pure Saber skills. He pounds on his foes with his strength, whether they be Lightsaber blows or Physical blows), and uses his tremendous Raw TK Power on them.

Didn't one of his clone troops get shot and he was all like 'oh snap!'

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Didn't one of his clone troops get shot and he was all like 'oh snap!'

Will have to check.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 03:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shaak-Ti.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Plus she spent years on Felucia to gain that kind of control over the environment there.

Also TFU.. Not canon now I believe.
the forming of the rebellion is the only non-canon part of force unleashed

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 03:19 PM
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Together? Sure.

Individually? Well they have a shot, but would all lose a vast majority. Savage is just too strong and powerful for them, as he has shown against Plo Koon and Asajj Ventress.
windu, yoda, obi wan, plo koon was distracted btw also Saesee Tinn, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolor could all take him 1 on 1

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 03:22 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Shaak Ti dominates this. She's been toted by canon to be one of the greatest swordmasters in the order.

Accolades:
"Do I need to demonstrate what responses you can expect from Shaak Ti or Obi-Wan Kenobi? From Mace Windu or, stars help you, Yoda?"

"Anakin, he was defended by Stass Allie and Shaak Ti. If two
Masters could not prevent this, do you think you could?"

"Master Ti had faced him before, Anakin. After Muunilinst. She
is not only subtle and experienced, but very capable indeed."

"He lacks entirely the flash, the pure bold elan of an Anakin Skywalker; there is nowhere in him the penumbral ferocity of a Mace Windu or a Depa Billaba nor the stylish grace of a Shaak Ti or a Dooku."

Not to mention

"You have defeated a tired old man and an outcast. You will not be ready to face the Emperor until you have faced a true Jedi Master."

The last quote is key because of Vader clearly saying that
"Kazdan Paratus is far more powerful than you..."
And was able to use the force to control an army of thousands of battledroids.

Also technically speaking didn't Shaak Ti defeat Marek on a nexus?

And which scan were you talking about Intrepid?

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

windu, yoda,

Obviously. Those 2 are always the exceptional cases.

obi wan,

Kenobi can, and has. But he's also been battered by Opress in other fights.

plo koon was distracted btw

I don't remember that, but will recheck when I get a chance. Anyone got a scan? Because I've left that comic at my parents house.

Anyway if there was a distraction it was nothing major that stood out. Opress simply battered Koon.

also Saesee Tinn, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolor could all take him 1 on 1

No, not at all. Opress has battered Ventress who can take any of those 3. He's given Dooku trouble which is beyond those 3. And Dave Filoni confirmed that Opress's performance against Sidious was better than all those 3 combined.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:12 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well that explains why you were so wrong. Did all the big words make it too hard for you to read, Intrepi-chan? Next time actually read the book before you try to throw info about it around.

For other reasons. I doubt anyone would say that they aren't more skilled than him.
dude **** off most people on here are 13-17 so **** off old man

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:32 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:36 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Shaak Ti dominates this. She's been toted by canon to be one of the greatest swordmasters in the order.

Are you aware that Plo has t he exact same quote to his name, but he was swiftly defeated by Savage?

Originally posted by Lord Stark
And which scan were you talking about Intrepid?

Mixed up Ti and Drallig, my bad.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:32 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know. Hence why I wrote that he wasn't able to successfully attack him, not that he couldn't attack him at all.

So anyway, you admit that Paratus was not beating him?

Very good.

Paratus was clearly the better fighter, bro.

Um, yeah. He was just blocking her attacks while he recovered physically and mentally.

It remains that he never returned a counter attack when he employed Soresu.

He distracted her with the Force, he didn't beat her with it. Also, if she was his equal then he wouldn't have been able to use the Force in such a flamboyant manner without her pressing him in lightsabers.

I have no idea what this even means. Re-write?

Which only means that. Not that he couldn't overwhelm her with a style she was familiar with. He did not need to switch to it, he just did so.

Nothing suggests that he would overwhelm her with a familiar style.

You mean where Galen pulls off a Soresu victory with him wearing Kota down and striking him when he gets sloppy? The exact thing someone using Soresu should be doing?

This would be appropriate if Marek's intention from the start was to wear down Kota, but it never was.

And I suppose she taught Maris Brood how to fight with sticks instead of lightsabers, did she? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I suppose you forgot Kenobi's fight with A'Sharad Hett. Despite that, he was still out of practice when he fought Vader.

ABC logic. Ventress didn't give pissed-off dark side RotS Anakin a hard fight. In fact, as I recall he beat the shit out of her the last time they fought in CW.

Anakin only easily beat her through Force power. Each of their fights have been close with Anakin having an edge.

And Plo isn't more skilled than her.

I didn't say so.

Plus Savage beat him by pulling his mask off when he was distracted, not in lightsaber combat.

Plo wasn't distracted, he was just beaten.

Also, Shaak Ti was giving Galen Marek a tough time in combat. Marek was able to deal with Vaders strength and in TFUII his clone would toss a TIE fighter with his bare hands. So I don't think Savages strength would do much good here.

Marek can toss TIE fighters? That sounds a little ridiculous.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obviously. Those 2 are always the exceptional cases.

Kenobi can, and has. But he's also been battered by Opress in other fights.

I don't remember that, but will recheck when I get a chance. Anyone got a scan? Because I've left that comic at my parents house.

Anyway if there was a distraction it was nothing major that stood out. Opress simply battered Koon. Any council member can take savage and win

No, not at all. Opress has battered Ventress who can take any of those 3. He's given Dooku trouble which is beyond those 3. And Dave Filoni confirmed that Opress's performance against Sidious was better than all those 3 combined.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 06:19 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

they all can take savage

Not really. Fisto's best feats are beating droids, Tiin is featless as a swordsman, and Kolar didn't even really duel Vos he kicked him and ended tried to apprehend him. All of three of them fail pretty badly at being swordsman.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:03 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

According to wookieepedia Fisto managed to fight off Dooku, has casually outdueled Grievous, who has consistently gave Obi Wan hell and has even got the best of Kenobi in "The deserter" (just watched that episode the other day).

Kolar and Vos exchanged blows before Kolar quickly ended the fight with a kick. It was just that easy for Kolar. Plus, as you said, he was merely trying to capture Vos.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote