KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 2: Darth Talon vs Asajj Ventress (S5)

The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 2: Darth Talon vs Asajj Ventress (S5)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Well, this thread exploded.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2014 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Gonna decide winner soon. Both sides provide your final arguments now.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 17th, 2014 10:14 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Before I give my own analysis I have a question: How badly did Cade lose to Krayt in sabers?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 12:43 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

IIRC Krayt curbed him, then Cade stabbed him in the chest when he lowered his guard.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Might as well defer me to SWL on TOR battles.

(please log in to view the image)
(Directed to SWL, not Q. He's a badass with his Legacy)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Gonna decide winner soon. Both sides provide your final arguments now.

Btw, it's ok to put up threads at a faster rate, we don't need to wait for the current ones to finish.

Before I give my own analysis I have a question: How badly did Cade lose to Krayt in sabers?

First time they fought: Quite badly. Cade was flat overpowered and driven to his knees.

Second time: Not so badly. The fight took more time, including some off-page time, Cade avoided force-pushes (that shattered stone), blocked lightning, closed to melee, cut away to other stuff, cut back, they're exchanging saber blows, then Krayt grabbed his chest and hit him with a dark transfer kill.

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 18th, 2014 at 01:27 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah, I'll post the next tournament battle and my analysis on this one soon.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 01:54 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Sabers: Talon has stalemated Cade Skywalker on multiple occasions, who in turn was able to fight Darth Krayt pretty well in sabers, Krayt being a master swordsman. Meanwhile, Ventress has performed well against Anakin, kenobi, Grevious, and even managed to fight well against Mace Windu.

Edge: While Talon is certainly no scrub as a duelist, Ventress gets the edge due to having performed well against more impressive duelists. However, one thing to take into account here is the inconsistency of the TCW series. For example, Anakin has stalemated Ventress multiple times, yet also stalemated the likes of Dooku when they fought.

Force: Although she is usually beaten by Cade through force abilities, in one of her battles she was able to shatter and lift a large portion of a stone floor, in mid duel. As the Tartovsky feats Ventress performs are inconsistent to what she is usually shown to do in duels/combat, I will not be using them for the sake of this battle. That said, Ventress has caused an avalanche, simultaneously choked both Kenobi and Anakin (although she was in an uber rage mode, she isn't normally capable of such power), destroyed a celing, etc. Another factor to take into account is Talon's lightning, which although is possible to be blocked, could provide a significant advantage throughout the fight.

Edge: While Ventress definitely has more force feats, they aren't neccesarily more impressive than Talon's. That said, Talon's lightning would give her the edge in a pure force confrontation.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 03:02 AM
ares834

Talon has stalemated Cade Skywalker on multiple occasions, who in turn was able to fight Darth Krayt pretty well in sabers, Krayt being a master swordsman.

Cade never fought "pretty well" against Krayt in sabers. In the final comic, they fight and we only see them clash sabers once. Unless the fight took place almost entirely off panel, the fight would have ended in seconds.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 03:05 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Ah. FYI i was taking Q's word for it in terms of the saber analysis. Does anyone have scans of the actual battle?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 03:31 AM
Q99

Originally posted by ares834
Cade never fought "pretty well" against Krayt in sabers. In the final comic, they fight and we only see them clash sabers once. Unless the fight took place almost entirely off panel, the fight would have ended in seconds.

Even the first time he didn't fall that quickly, and he did physically dodge Krayt's force attacks, greater speed that he had before. Before the cut he was jumping through lightning at Krayt with his saber, after they were clashing saber, and, notably, they seemed to have moved location some! They were previously right next to a very tall pillar/building/wall/something, and when they cut back they had moved away from it.

So considering they just closed to saber range at the cut, and the fight moved some during the cut, yes, they were clashing in saber for some amount of time (could be 10-20 seconds, could be longer).

Last edited by Q99 on Apr 18th, 2014 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ah. FYI i was taking Q's word for it in terms of the saber analysis. Does anyone have scans of the actual battle?

Here:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The duel cuts out after the 2nd page to some stuff with the War and afterwards to Roan Fell before returning to the duel.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 03:53 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yes. Note how they're by large structures in page 1 and 2 that tower over them, and after the gap, they're by the edge of the roof, and the thing Cade collapses against is clearly a much much smaller structure shorter than Krayt.

It is annoying that a good chunk of it is offscreen, but they managed to shift locations significantly during the fight.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 04:29 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Alright, so ultimately i've decided that Ventress is the winner of the battle. I hate to give her the win solely because of exposure, but Talon doesn't have any notable accolades for us to measure her power. So Ventress moves to the 2nd round in a close fight.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2014 06:31 PM