KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

This thread will be dedicated to updates on my updates on my Revan Respect Thread on comicvine located in my signature and here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...t-thread/95278/ The reason of such thread is because I will be replaying the entire KOTOR video game in the effort to scavenger every possible feat and accolade of Revan possible. Also, I will like to start this thread on this:

UPDATE 4/20/2014:
"Yet even though you are a mere apprentice, your potential is unlimited - and your progress...amazing. In all my years, I have never seen one who has mastered the initial training so quickly.
You done in weeks what many cannot do in years."

―Zhar Lestin (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Along with this, Revan, while barely a padawan, is capable of levitating while telekentically moving two chairs easily. This is via cutscene.
(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Sorry ant but while this maybe impressive for people who don't know anything about Revan, it's not that impressive to me and more knowledgeable EU fans, and the reason why it is not impressive is because Revan was still connected to the force, not to mention Revan was a fast learner because he had already learned everything he need during his Padawan-hood.(the basic stuff anyway) so its not really all that impressive Imo

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I never claimed it was impressive, I just claimed it was yet to be in my respect thread.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Re: The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

UPDATE 4/20/2014 (PART 2):
"I've heard all about your reputation: elite combat training, tops in your class. It's no wonder you were hand picked for this mission."
―Trask Ulgo (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

In total, Revan and Trask kill 14 Sith Troopers on board the Endar Spire. Later, Revan shows his ability with technology to give an additional 5 Sith troopers:
"You could reprogram the damaged assault droid to help you, if you have enough repair parts. Or you could use computer spikes to slice into the terminal and use the Endar Spire's security sytems against the Sith!"
―Carth Onasi (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

"I saw on your service records that you understand a remarkable number of alien languages. That's pretty rare in a raw recruit..."
―Carth Onasi (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Revan goes on to defeat 5 duelers in the arena, and then Bendak Starkiller, here are some accolades for Bendak Starkiller:
"I'm Bendak Starkiller, the most famous blaster-slinger on Taris. Over 100 duels without a loss- everyone one of them a death match!"
"Bendak's the best there ever was, plain and simple."

Here is the quote they proclaim once you defeat him:
"All hail the Mysterious Stranger, the greatest duelist to ever grace the rings of Taris!"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 01:43 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

So if Revan's potential is unlimited, and nothing can be higher than unlimited, than it stands to reason his potential is higher than Anakin's.

/****youcanoniwin

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 03:02 AM
PTforthewin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan sucks dick

"When will you fools learn, no one escapes from Commander Fox!"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 04:05 AM
Click here to Send PTforthewin a Private Message Find more posts by PTforthewin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Revan sucks dick

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Re: The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This thread will be dedicated to updates on my updates on my Revan Respect Thread on comicvine located in my signature and here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...t-thread/95278/ The reason of such thread is because I will be replaying the entire KOTOR video game in the effort to scavenger every possible feat and accolade of Revan possible. Also, I will like to start this thread on this:

UPDATE 4/20/2014:
"Yet even though you are a mere apprentice, your potential is unlimited - and your progress...amazing. In all my years, I have never seen one who has mastered the initial training so quickly.
You done in weeks what many cannot do in years."

―Zhar Lestin (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Along with this, Revan, while barely a padawan, is capable of levitating while telekentically moving two chairs easily. This is via cutscene.

You should also add that Revan was able to fight his way through the Star Forge WHILE under the ill effects of Bastila's Battle Meditation technique. something I don't think anyone has taken into account

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah.....

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh yeah.....

almost 11 years since that game came out and no one ever thought about that?! what. the. ****. erm

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 10:13 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
You should also add that Revan was able to fight his way through the Star Forge WHILE under the ill effects of Bastila's Battle Meditation technique. something I don't think anyone has taken into account

Her battle meditation would be aimed toward the space battle, not Revan.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 10:25 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

doesn't it affect ground troops as well like The Exile did on Onderon?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 10:26 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

If you look at the fight, Bastila is meditating staring at a display of the space battle, and right after Bastila was defeated, they noticed a break in the Sith Formation, so I think it's safe to say Bastila was focusing primarily on the space battle. Heck, I don't even think she is canonically alerted Revan is on the Star Forge!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 10:32 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

If you look at the fight, Bastila is meditating staring at a display of the space battle, and right after Bastila was defeated, they noticed a break in the Sith Formation, so I think it's safe to say Bastila was focusing primarily on the space battle. Heck, I don't even think she is canonically alerted Revan is on the Star Forge!

That's arguable, i mean Malak may have no...er.. Military Genius, but i highly doubt he would just focus on the space battle and not bat an eye at the jedi boarding his ship imo

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 10:35 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

All the members of the Jedi Boarding Party were killed besides Revan very quickly, besides the two Malak took hostage and decided to kill when Revan was infront of him. Malak was not just focusing on the space battle, and if you re-watch the cut scenes, you would see his major focus was on Revan, which brings me to believe I doubt he was interrupt Bastila's deep and concentrating Battle Meditation when he has the situation for himself. Hell, he sent an army of Dark Jedi and War Droids at Revan, there is no need to interrupt Bastila, which would stop the constant amp flowing to the Sith's Space battle, just to tell her Revan MIGHT come to her.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 10:38 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

All the members of the Jedi Boarding Party were killed besides Revan very quickly, besides the two Malak took hostage and decided to kill when Revan was infront of him. Malak was not just focusing on the space battle, and if you re-watch the cut scenes, you would see his major focus was on Revan, which brings me to believe I doubt he was interrupt Bastila's deep and concentrating Battle Meditation when he has the situation for himself. Hell, he sent an army of Dark Jedi and War Droids at Revan, there is no need to interrupt Bastila, which would stop the constant amp flowing to the Sith's Space battle, just to tell her Revan MIGHT come to her.

I guess you know more than me dude, And I mean that by the way

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 10:52 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Hey, you are the one who thought of something none of us have ever really though of it. It's an excellent point, but has no weight leaning for it. It's never explicitly stated, or even implied for that matter the Star Forge's defenses were getting any amp by Bastila, and though they were probably were, it's honestly not even noticeable compared the amp they would be receiving from the Star Forge itself. And like I said, Darth Malak is not really "that" stupid to stop Bastila's battle meditation just to alert her on a "what if", and especially because of Darth Malak's "I am way more powerful then Revan" ego. One might argue Bastila sensed Revan through the Force, which is probably true, but to aim her battle meditation on him instead of focusing it on the battle ahead couple result in execution by Darth Malak, to be honest, I doubt she would do it, or is dumb enough for that matter. However, I will point out something before anyone else has the chance:
"Revan - I knew you would come for me."
Notice how it says that SHE knew, not a Sith who alerted her, but rather that SHE was in the absolute belief Revan would come for her after their engagement on Lehon, which happened shortly before. This means nothing more that she was confident Revan wouldn't give up on trying to redeem her, which is a supported claim based on how you try quite hard to redeem Bastila back on Lehon. If she said "Revan - I was alerted you would come for me," everything would be different, but it doesn't.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 11:05 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan: You could use your Battle Meditation to aid the Republic fleet.
Bastila: Yes, that would be for the best. You don't need me to defeat Malak anyway...I will stay here in this chamber and use my Battle Meditation to aid the Republic Fleet.

Notice how Bastila implies her Battle Meditation won't work on Revan against Malak, by the quote in bold, and by the "anyway". Note that if it wouldn't amp Revan against Malak, I doubt, including with the evidence above, it would aid the Sith and Droids against Revan.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 11:11 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Hey, you are the one who thought of something none of us have ever really though of it. It's an excellent point, but has no weight leaning for it. It's never explicitly stated, or even implied for that matter the Star Forge's defenses were getting any amp by Bastila, and though they were probably were, it's honestly not even noticeable compared the amp they would be receiving from the Star Forge itself. And like I said, Darth Malak is not really "that" stupid to stop Bastila's battle meditation just to alert her on a "what if", and especially because of Darth Malak's "I am way more powerful then Revan" ego. One might argue Bastila sensed Revan through the Force, which is probably true, but to aim her battle meditation on him instead of focusing it on the battle ahead couple result in execution by Darth Malak, to be honest, I doubt she would do it, or is dumb enough for that matter. However, I will point out something before anyone else has the chance:
"Revan - I knew you would come for me."
Notice how it says that SHE knew, not a Sith who alerted her, but rather that SHE was in the absolute belief Revan would come for her after their engagement on Lehon, which happened shortly before. This means nothing more that she was confident Revan wouldn't give up on trying to redeem her, which is a supported claim based on how you try quite hard to redeem Bastila back on Lehon. If she said "Revan - I was alerted you would come for me," everything would be different, but it doesn't.

an excellent point dude, that's why I call you bossman. do you think the star forge also amped the dark jedi aboard the Star Forge if so that's another thing you could add, yeah? also despite my believing and agreeing with what you said, Bastila Also could've sensed Revan considering their bond, No?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2014 11:14 PM