KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread

The Revan Respect Thread: Update Thread
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well guys, just found two new awesome accoaldes for Revan on drewkarpyshyn.com big grin

"unlike Revan or Bane, he isn’t one of the most powerful individuals in the universe."
Revan and Bane are canonically recognized among the best in the mythos.

"As much as I loved writing about all-powerful Sith and Jedi..."
This is obviously referring to Revan and Darth Bane.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/all-powerful

Along with this, I have added numerous more quotes to my Revan Respect Thread, so check it out once you have the chance.
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/da...t-thread/95278/

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Can you point out the page number of this statement in KoTOR-CG?

Darth Revan was one of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history.

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:01 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I found the image of this:
(please log in to view the image)
among my surfing of Revan stuff over the summer. By now where I found it is long lost. It said the quote was from KotORCG, however it never specified the page number. Why?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I found this quote but not the accolade.

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:08 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What do you mean?

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:10 AM
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What do you mean?

That quote begins from "At the height..."

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:15 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

So it's fake?

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:17 AM
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So it's fake?

Possibly, I advice you to thoroughly check the sourcebook.

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:20 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Okay, I'll check it out.

For now I'll take your word for it until I get home, and I must admit I am pretty bummed. Remind me never to go onto another revan fan site again for accurate quotes, even if they look real.

However, the "unlike Revan or Bane, he isn’t one of the most powerful individuals in the universe" is more impressive then the previous, so I won't be crying about it.

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:21 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ooh, that's sneaky, but looking back at the image the first line of text *is* slightly different.

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:22 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Damn, thats impressive editing. But yes, I checked it and the quote does start at "At the height..." I'm going to give probs though to the dumbass who made it, because it fooled us all for now a couple months.

Old Post May 4th, 2014 02:24 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I will be doing a simple calculation on Revan's speed via the quote "AS MEETRA AND SCOURGE BATTLED the Guard, Revan charged toward the Emperor. His opponent stood perfectly still, focusing and channeling his power. At the last possible instant, the Emperor unleashed a wave of energy that swept Revan off his feet and sent him flying backward."

The size of the throne room Revan covered is "at least forty meters long" where the the throne chair was "at the far end."

Though it is unknown the time in which Revan completed the charge alone, the battle itself is said to be: " of only a few seconds."
The battle consisted of the following:
1. Revan charging the Sith Emperor (what we are calculating)
2. The Sith Emperor pushing Revan all the way backwards
3. Revan now moving more slowly towards the Emperor
4. Revan unleashing a telekinetic blast that through Vitiate back
5. Vitiate unleashing 4 lightning bolt attacks, all Revan blocked/dodged
6. Vitiate summoning a FLS while Revan calculates his options
7. Revan being blasted by lightning as Vitiate "pours" it into him
8. T3 spraying The Sith Emperor with a flamethrower
9. The Emperor blasting T3 to pieces
10. The Emperor walking over to Revan's lightsaber, picking it up, and going to strike down

The term "few" applies to 3, so ALL of that happened in 3 seconds. That being said, Revan charging Vitiate would be a complete minimum of .4 seconds. However, keep in mind at the end of the battle Revan was quite far away from Vitiate, and Vitiate walked over to Revan with "calm, purposeful steps." This alone, with all generosity, would have to be at least a second, especially by how it is said he "calmly" picked up Revan's blade. Vitiate had to of at least covered several meters in this time.

So Revan's charge would have to had been in a complete minimum of .33 seconds, right?. Nah. Keep in note that the time spent with T3 moving, attacking, Vitiate protecting himself, and the destruction of T3 had to take at least a second if the debris even had time to land. We seen in KotOR cut scenes how fast T3 moves, and it is no faster then a walking pace of a human, aka Vitiate calmly walking to Revan. I'm labeling this with a second as well. No objections? Good.

With what we have left, we have:
1. Revan charging the Sith Emperor (what we are calculating)
2. The Sith Emperor pushing Revan all the way backwards
3. Revan now moving more slowly towards the Emperor
4. Revan unleashing a telekinetic blast that through Vitiate back
5. Vitiate unleashing 4 lightning bolt attacks, all Revan blocked/dodged
6. Vitiate summoning a FLS while Revan calculates his options
7. Revan being blasted by lightning as Vitiate "pours" it into him

That is still A LOT of events that occurred in a matter of literally one second, since we already took off the two seconds via the events above. And now let's be honest with each other, Vitiate summoning that FLS, and then literally being said to have continued to "pour" Revan with lightning is with the complete minimum a half a second, and I am being extremely generous here. With that being said, and dividing the other parts nearly evenly (however some tweaking) because I am just that generous, Revan would have had to of covered that ground in .085 seconds.

Covering 120 feet in .085 seconds equates to 430.30 m/s. This time is actually no where near "ridiculous" as far as high-tier calculations go. Darth Bane's speed feet was recorded actually quite higher then such, then again it is probably the greatest speed feat in the mythos. Regardless, around 430m/s is incredibly fast, and hopefully will give Revan some more respect.

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 5th, 2014 at 08:43 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2014 08:39 PM
Eminence
Boss

quote:
DarthAnt66
The term "few" applies to 3, so ALL of that happened in 3 seconds.

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You're way too invested in this Ant.

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@Eminence Get a dictionary. thumb up I can say it happened in one or two seconds instead if you would like. smile

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+f...ion&spell=1
synonyms: a small number, a handful, one or two, a couple, two or three

quote:
You're way too invested in this Ant.

I know... sad

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 5th, 2014 at 09:13 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:09 PM
Eminence
Boss

Is English your first language?

edit: In fact, you know what, brah? Go ahead. Let's make "few" definitively equal one second, because we're already arbitrarily assigning certitude to a span of time indicated by a synonym. Tell Jon Snow more about how Vitiate calmly walked up to Revan in one-tenth of a second.

Last edited by Eminence on May 5th, 2014 at 09:24 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Why?

"a few" is technically equal to 2 or 3. Our society today no longer follows the official definition, same going for "a couple. However I'm not going to ignore it just because we as a community are wrong.

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:26 PM
Eminence
Boss

quote:
DarthAnt66
Why?

"a few" is technically equal to 2 or 3.

Prove it.

And then tell Jon Snow why it makes more sense to select "three" over "two" or "one," let alone the much more commonly used and contextually sensible "small number" (sometimes colloquially thought of as "not many") leading off the very definition you provided.

quote:
DarthAnt66
we as a community are wrong.

So is your contention that Drew Karpyshyn probably shares your brand of supposed linguistic archaism, or are you drawing a line in the sand and deliberately misinterpreting him based on principle?

Last edited by Eminence on May 5th, 2014 at 09:34 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:32 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Prove it.

quote:
And then tell Jon Snow why it makes more sense to select "three" over "two" or "one," let alone the much more commonly used and contextually sensible "small number" (sometimes colloquially thought of as "not many") leading off the very definition you provided.

Because the generation population says its 3.
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/...12145213AAWrWNO
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/several
http://ask.metafilter.com/65951/How-many-is-a-few
http://answers.reference.com/inform...w_many_is_a_few
http://www.writerightwords.com/writ...e-several-many/
http://english.stackexchange.com/qu...w-many-is-a-few
quote:
So is your contention that Drew Karpyshyn probably shares your brand of supposed linguistic archaism, or are you drawing a line in the sand and deliberately misinterpreting him based on principle?

I don't give a damn what he actually mean't, I just give a damn about what ended up on the paper. If you internally think the answer is 35 but you write 8 on your paper, the professor won't give a damn about your 35.

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:39 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A few is an indefinite amount, Ant. It can be more or less than 3.

Old Post May 5th, 2014 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote