KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Lord Vitiate vs Mother Talzin

Lord Vitiate vs Mother Talzin
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

I mean, I'm just making sure we're not tossing inference and deductive reasoning out the window entirely.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 01:38 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Talzin SLAUGHTERHOUSE

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I mean, I'm just making sure we're not tossing inference and deductive reasoning out the window entirely.

thumb up

Implications and logical inference can also be used with PT characters, people.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 01:43 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Lol, I'm done.

(please log in to view the image)

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 01:45 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Sidious isn't the one being fought here. So again, what does Talzin have, with prep, that could stop Vitiate with prep? How is Talzin's prep superior to Vitiate's? If it's not, then I stand by what I implied earlier.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 01:45 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Talzin SLAUGHTERHOUSE

thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 01:55 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Sidious isn't the one being fought here. So again, what does Talzin have, with prep, that could stop Vitiate with prep? How is Talzin's prep superior to Vitiate's? If it's not, then I stand by what I implied earlier.

>Nearly killing Dooku from halfway across the galaxy.
>Amping Savage to a powerhouse
>Resurrecting Maul
>Conducting a ritual that would have and I quote "made her more powerful than the Jedi and the Sith combined".

These rival Vitiate.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I agree ma brotha from Kentucky, even though I think you are too reasonable sometimes.

BTW, do you really think I lowball Vitiate too much? If so, how?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I don't see how Talzin takes this. Attacking with dark side sorcery and magic might be the worst way to approach Vitiate. Vitiate's lightning is possibly the strongest sith lightning out there and I don't see how Talzin can defend and then retaliate against his mental domination, lightning and endless force maneuvers and tricks that would constantly keep her defensive.

Vitiate's one-shoting the strongest jedi strike team in SWTOR is above anything Talzin ever achieved.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 06:45 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Wait, we're arguing that the god of prep can't kill some witch who's lost on almost every occasion with prep, when he has prep? To Jar-Jar?

No, we're arguing that the woman who could have killed Dooku from across the galaxy, if she didn't want him to suffer first, could prepare more devastating attacks on her damn homeworld than Vitiate can.

Noting of course that his Solo of the Dark Council was on a Dark Side nexus, which apparently (according to you guys) doesn't exist on Dathomir.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Sinious
Vitiate's lightning is possibly the strongest sith lightning out there

Prep on a Nexus.

Without Prep, his Lightning didn't even phase the Hero of Tython.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Noting that the Dark Council most likely benefits from a Dark Side nexus. Just a thought. Saying that a Sith killed over two dozen other Sith in a flash doesn't matter because it's a nexus really isn't true.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 07:56 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Noting that the Dark Council most likely benefits from a Dark Side nexus. Just a thought. Saying that a Sith killed over two dozen other Sith in a flash doesn't matter because it's a nexus really isn't true.

eek!

Are you saying that a random Sith acolyte could Draw on a Nexus the same amount a Dark Council member could? The amount you get on a Nexus is limited only by the amount you can control... which again, would be easier with prep.

Book of Sith ftw by the way.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 07:58 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I didn't say that Sidious has the best prepped feat. What I'm saying is that if Sidious without prep trumps Vitiate with prep and Sidious at the very least rivals Vitiate in all the things that factor into prep (knowledge, intelligence, resources, etc.), then it is reasonable to conclude that Sidious may very well be Vitiate's better in that aspect as well.

Kinda like how Vitiate has no speed feats to speak of, right? So if we followed the "lolz feats only" paradigm, a convincing case could be made that Sidious would give Viti the Agen Kolar treatment. But that's silly, right? So we infer, based on Viti's considerable strength in the Force and mastery of it, that he's powerful enough to be effectively non-blitzable and would, if necessary, be capable of impressive speed feats.

Didnt the Revan novel say Revan thought Vitiate wasn't a master of the blade due to never having viewed it as a useful weapon?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 07:58 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Selenial
eek!

Are you saying that a random Sith acolyte could Draw on a Nexus the same amount a Dark Council member could? The amount you get on a Nexus is limited only by the amount you can control... which again, would be easier with prep.

Book of Sith ftw by the way.

Are you comparing over two dozen people, all of whom are the strongest in the Empire, to a random Sith Acolyte? It's the freaking Dark Council. I think they know how to use a nexus to amp themselves.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 08:03 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Prep on a Nexus.

Without Prep, his Lightning didn't even phase the Hero of Tython.

laughing

1) One-shoting the strike team of the strongest jedi of that era at the space station should tell you what he can do with his lightning absent prep or nexus.

2) He was weakened when he faced HoT. Also HoT is superior to Meetra in every way so I wouldn't lowball him. smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Sinious
laughing

1) One-shoting the strike team of the strongest jedi of that era at the space station should tell you what he can do with his lightning absent prep or nexus.

2) He was weakened when he faced HoT. Also HoT is superior to Meetra in every way so I wouldn't lowball him. smile

1) He was above Dromund Kaas, and had more than ample time to prepare. You do realise he knew they were coming for quite some time, and had the time to gather his power as the Hero of Tython fought the Wrath? Sure, it'd take him a few seconds to build up that kind of power, but you wouldn't Have a few seconds in a duel.

2) You people really cherry pick when you want to use arguments, and it pisses me off. First you all say Vitiate had ample time to recover as much as he would need to before facing the HOT as a source for the HOT being powerful, and now that that might be detrimental you decide to change tones?

How about instead we use the argument that the HOT was weaker because she decided to fight through hordes of extra sith to face her love interest, was weak because she was in the Dark Temple and weakened because she'd just fought through hundreds of Sith or Imperial guard?

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 09:10 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Are you comparing over two dozen people, all of whom are the strongest in the Empire, to a random Sith Acolyte? It's the freaking Dark Council. I think they know how to use a nexus to amp themselves.

Two dozen?

Wut? smokin'

And why would they? For all they knew they were in a normal Dark Council meeting, completely unprepared to be annihilated by the Emperor.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 09:11 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Normal Dark Council meeting?

Wut?

They were walking into his fortress to try and kill him with an army at their backs.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Two dozen?

Wut? smokin'

And why would they? For all they knew they were in a normal Dark Council meeting, completely unprepared to be annihilated by the Emperor.

No. It wasn't just the Dark Council who came with them, but I'm not going to say everyone was Dark Council level either.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2014 09:20 PM