KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken 7

Tekken 7
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Well well well... Having played this, beating the story, and watching all the cutscenes again, I must say that this game certainly answers some questions about the story, and raises many more interesting questions and theories.

Hmm, I remember saying a few theories a few years ago, and while all those are still proven true, there's much more meat on it now.

I could speak for a while on this, but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Harada is to be commended, he somehow managed to paint Heihachi somewhat as a sympathetic character despite all he did. Although his reason for sealing Jinpachi beneath Honmaru still escapes me.

Huh, people may ask me a lot about how my old theory of the Devil Gene has changed with much of these new revelations. But, I'll answer this a little later when I have organized my thoughts.

The Supreme Master Of The Fist!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 01:57 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Kazuya in devil form is pretty baws considering how easily [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he survived that satellite attack and after that he casually blasted it in outer space without any effort.

And that was his weaker form to boot.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 05:59 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Smartest Z fighter

Yup.
Its pretty retarded how well Heihachi did against him.

Still Im afraid [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jin will whoop him in 8 or kill him.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 06:40 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Well well well... Having played this, beating the story, and watching all the cutscenes again, I must say that this game certainly answers some questions about the story, and raises many more interesting questions and theories.

Hmm, I remember saying a few theories a few years ago, and while all those are still proven true, there's much more meat on it now.

I could speak for a while on this, but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Harada is to be commended, he somehow managed to paint Heihachi somewhat as a sympathetic character despite all he did. Although his reason for sealing Jinpachi beneath Honmaru still escapes me.

Huh, people may ask me a lot about how my old theory of the Devil Gene has changed with much of these new revelations. But, I'll answer this a little later when I have organized my thoughts.
But you haven't answered the really important question: can Akuma still solo the Tekkenverse?

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Originally posted by NemeBro
But you haven't answered the really important question: can Akuma still solo the Tekkenverse?

Heheheh, I was wondering who was going to raise that point again smile

If the Akuma from Tekken 7 is the same Akuma as from Street Fighter, then he was holding way back in Tekken 7 when compared to his showings in say Street fighter Alpha 2, or Super Street Fighter 4.

That being said though, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Tekken mains, IE: Kazuya and Heihachi, both managed to hang with Akuma for a long time each. TBH, I was more surprised Heihachi managed to hang as long as he did, then go on to assert that Kazuya would need to activate his devil form to manage the same feat.

However, Harada managed to hold true to Akuma's character, and wrote him into the saga in the best and most badass way possible.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:35 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Yup.
Its pretty retarded how well Heihachi did against him.

Still Im afraid [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jin will whoop him in 8 or kill him.

Heihachi has always been a bawss. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I wouldn't​ be surprised if he survived. He has to be in 8.

I think there's a statement in there somewhere about Devil Jin being more powerful than Kazuya's Devil. Which is weird, but the Devil Gene has been retconned.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:49 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Heheheh, I was wondering who was going to raise that point again smile

If the Akuma from Tekken 7 is the same Akuma as from Street Fighter, then he was holding way back in Tekken 7 when compared to his showings in say Street fighter Alpha 2, or Super Street Fighter 4.

That being said though, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Tekken mains, IE: Kazuya and Heihachi, both managed to hang with Akuma for a long time each. TBH, I was more surprised Heihachi managed to hang as long as he did, then go on to assert that Kazuya would need to activate his devil form to manage the same feat.

However, Harada managed to hold true to Akuma's character, and wrote him into the saga in the best and most badass way possible.

Probably isn't the same Akuma. I have no idea how they would reconcile Akuma canonically being a part of the Tekken-verse and the SF-verse outside of a shared universe (which itself is stupid) or dimension hopping.

Akuma has (non-canonically) appeared in Asura's Wrath after all, and he was way more powerful than standard Akuma there.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:55 AM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Probably isn't the same Akuma. I have no idea how they would reconcile Akuma canonically being a part of the Tekken-verse and the SF-verse outside of a shared universe (which itself is stupid) or dimension hopping.

Akuma has (non-canonically) appeared in Asura's Wrath after all, and he was way more powerful than standard Akuma there.

I'm not too sure, but Harada and Ono have been friends since high school, and probably helped each other create the story together. The only barrier is between the companies.

That said, Akuma is now a canon Tekken character as much as he is to Street fighter, the way he was written into the story.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 03:49 AM
Estacado
Smartest Z fighter

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Heihachi has always been a bawss. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I wouldn't​ be surprised if he survived. He has to be in 8.

I think there's a statement in there somewhere about Devil Jin being more powerful than Kazuya's Devil. Which is weird, but the Devil Gene has been retconned.

Well they fought in the Tekken 6 prequel movie and Devil Jin whooped Devil Kazuya badly once he gained control...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 06:15 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Well they fought in the Tekken 6 prequel movie and Devil Jin whooped Devil Kazuya badly once he gained control...

Thats the thing, Jin, thanks to his Kazama heritage, was able to naturally assert control over the power of the Devil Gene in a way Kazuya and Kazumi couldn't.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 07:32 AM
Estacado
Smartest Z fighter

Well Kazuya seems to have complete control as well I mean he does transform back and forth at will and can even partially use it like when he took down the satellite.

Jin's transform in the movie also had 2 stages maybe thats why he is more powerful?

Also in 4 didnt they say Jin took like half of Kazuya's devil power?

Btw I prefer Tekken 7 full Devil Kazuya over Blood Vengeance design.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 11:30 AM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Well Kazuya seems to have complete control as well I mean he does transform back and forth at will and can even partially use it like when he took down the satellite.

Jin's transform in the movie also had 2 stages maybe thats why he is more powerful?

Also in 4 didnt they say Jin took like half of Kazuya's devil power?

Btw I prefer Tekken 7 full Devil Kazuya over Blood Vengeance design.

What I mean is that Jin's control is natural, while Tekken 4 established Kazuya's control as scientifically enhanced.

Of course, Jin had to fight for that control, hence the beastial form he had in Blood Vengeance.

And I agree, this full Devil Kaz is baws.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:03 PM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

I JUST achieved the rank of True Tekken God with Akuma at 326 wins and 1 loss

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 07:56 AM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

And at 359 wins and 1 loss, I achieved Tekken God Prime.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2017 08:35 AM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Well then, here's the update on my Devil Gene theory -

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Well, here's the thing, the Hachijou clan must have it's roots dating 4000 years to the days of Azazel, considering the creature is the confirmed source of the Devil Gene. The Hachijou clan had predicted that Heihachi would become a threat to the world and spread chaos, hence they sent in Kazumi to prevent it, even if it meant killing him. And for five years Kazumi had infiltrated Jinpachi's dojo, learning their arts, and earning Heihachi's affection. She even fell in love with him, married him, and gave him a son. But when Heihachi finally usurped Jinpachi and reformed the Mishima Clan into the Mishima Zaibatsu, Kazumi felt she could no longer prevent it, and felt she had to kill Heihachi after all. I don't think she desired it, I don't think she wanted to do it, but she felt like she had to do it. The prophecy of Azazel's return was something the Hachijo's didn't want to come to fruition, and to that end they assassinated anyone with the potential to be one of the two clashing dark stars.

On the other side of that coin, Heihachi, while a ruthless businessman and powerful martial arts fighter as good as his father was, I don't think Heihachi wanted global domination to begin with. I think that he would have been content simply living with Kazumi and his son, and only usurped Jinpachi because he grew frustrated at what he saw as incompetence and refusal to change with the times. However, the night when Kazumi attacked him and he was forced to kill her, a lot had changed. Kazumi revealed she was not purely a human being, but a devil sent to kill him, and he defended himself. I'm certain Heihachi didn't want to do it either. But he did, and he did because he felt it was his responsibility to stop the Devils plans. Thus why he followed up with trying to kill Kazuya, even though the boy was innocent of any wrongdoing.

However, Heihachi, despite now having real reasons for doing what he did, is still not an innocent man, because after Jinpachi found out about what Heihachi had done, tried to reclaim the Zaibatsu from Heihachi, to which Heihachi had his father sealed beneath Honmaru to starve to death alone in darkness holding up a support foundation.

So, in a way, the Hachijou plot to stop Azazel's return, was in fact perpetuated by their own actions.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 09:07 AM
cdtm
@#$%

I JUST achieved the rank of True Tekken God with Akuma at 326 wins and 1 loss

Is he very op?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 12:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Originally posted by cdtm
Is he very op?

He can be. But it's more because the AI is doggedly shit at dodging hadoukens at anything other than close up.

However, if your referring to PVP, then yeah, he can be quite broken with the Gou Shoryuken simply blasting through anything in close.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 01:01 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Official Tekken Retro recaps. These were pretty good.

So apparently, Kazuya never beat Paul in T1 like I thought. They drew. Also confirms that Devil Jin > Devil, and that Jin can use the power of his Devil Gene at will.

That said, the way they presented Kazuya leaving Jun was pretty hilarious.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jun 6th, 2017 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 08:28 PM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Paul was pretty baws in Tekken until TTT rendered him a joke. The last serious storyline for Paul ended in T4.

Jin can't always control it, hence why he nuked a forest with it.

And yeah :P, that wasn't too far off the mark actually. Kaz is a bad dad :P

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 11:46 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Haven't played TTT, so what happened in it? I had thought it was T5 where they started to turn him into the resident clown.

Oh, was referring to the T6 portion where Jin says that the Devil Gene makes him a match for Azazel and then he powers up.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 03:34 AM