KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Plagueis, OT Vader and RotS Dooku vs. DoE Bane, Revan Reborn and Malgus

Which team is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Team 1 dominates 4 22.22%
Team 1 has an edge 8 44.44%
Stalemate 1 5.56%
Team 2 has an edge 5 27.78%
Team 2 dominates 0 0%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Plagueis, OT Vader and RotS Dooku vs. DoE Bane, Revan Reborn and Malgus
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

How is Vader beating Malgus?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Because he's better.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

In what way? How is he actually going to win?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Because he's better.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ok. So despite having no real advantages, while Malgus has a big one on him, he still wins because you like him more. Makes sense.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 09:56 PM
Nalaniel

Originally posted by Nephthys
Ok. So despite having no real advantages, while Malgus has a big one on him, he still wins because you like him more. Makes sense.

Is that something unusual?

Last edited by Nalaniel on Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I like Malgus more.
Vader is just superior.
Accept that and move on.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 11:37 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

He's slightly stronger, notably faster, notably more powerful, significantly more skilled, notably more durable, and has a greater range of esoteric powers.

Also, Vader has been working for over 20 years to build himself in defense of Malgus's "big advantage". As of TFU II, with his built in insulation and force resistance, he can handle lightning better than almost anybody.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 11:51 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 11:58 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Team 1 has the advantage.

Plagueis and Bane are very close in power. Bane has more arcane capabilities but when it comes right down to it Plagueis has the upper-hand. Plagueis is slightly stronger in the Force, he makes more calculation per second during a fight and therefore is a slightly better tactician. Every advantage Plagueis has is minute, but he has the overall advantage none-the-less.

Vader and Malgus are also close. Vader only lost to Starkiller because the latter had a greater versatility in force augmented lightsaber combat and superior stamina, though he was weaker in the Force and slightly less of a tactician over-all. Vader stood his ground better against Starkiller II, who was his equal in the Force, but only because Vader trained minute weaknesses in Starkiller II's lightsaber style. Vader lost to Luke because a) he was hesitant to kill his son, b) his inner conflict wasn't just inhibiting his rage, but his ability to think tactically (similar to his battle with Kenobi on Mustafar), and c) Luke had the superior stamina and was using Force rage to win that bout. That being said, normally, Vader is stronger in the Force than Malgus and is the superior tactician. Furthermore, and this is the deciding - despite the fact that Malgus has slightly better versatility (not as much as Galen Marek who utilized more TK and lightning based attacks than Malgus or even Dooku) is that Malgus' style is high-octane and very similar to Vader's, although Vader may have poorer stamina his strength-endurance and precision (mechanical limbs) gives him the slight upper-hand against Malgus.

Revan may win against Dooku due to his superior versatility, similar to why Starkiller beat Vader on TDS I, as Revan had comparable versatility to Starkiller II - definitely more versatility than Starkiller. Although, Dooku was Windu's rival in swordsmanship; a better duelist, but less apt at winning battles but Windu won a duel with a worn-out Sidious (thanks to his shatterpoint charism). All in all, Revan still wins as he's in Dooku and Windu's league as a swordsman and stronger in the Force than all but Bane, Plagueis, Yoda, and Sidious. Although it's debatable as to whether or not he was stronger than Vader in the Force; possible he was, possible he wasn't.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 12:31 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Plagueis vs Bane

First, I want to say that I think Plagueis > TPM Sidious.

TPM's Sidious feats include killing waves or robots and incapacitating waves of aliens of a primitive warrior race.

Bane had feats where he killed those techno-beasts and Andeddu's worshippers.

Plagueis and Bane both didn't do too well against assassins, but both did poorly because plot reasons. Bane was drugged and Cognus was partially severing his connection to the force. Plagueis had to hide his force powers at first.

Plagueis had Midi-chlorian manipulation while Bane had Darth Revan's esoteric powers (thought bomb, the forest fire thing, etc), essence transfer, and other powers from other holocrons.

Plagueis' TK ripped people apart and his lightning could illuminate entire caves and valleys. Bane's lightning could disintegrate people and he could ragdoll the other Dark Lords from his time period (see Quordis).

Plagueis is fast enough that droids cannot sense him. Bane could dodge raindrops.

I think Bane could put up a fight against Plagueis, but would ultimately lose.

Verdict: Plagueis > Bane

Vader vs Malgus

I don't like Malgus so I am going to lowball him and say Vader > Malgus.

Verdict: Vader > Malgus

Revan vs Dooku

Both Jedi were pretty much the best of their era.

Sabers: Malak was known for his combat prowess on the battlefield. Revan was able to best Malak. Dooku was an expert duelist and could go toe to toe with some of the best from his era. I'd give Dooku the edge in sabers.

Force: Dooku's TK could lift giant stones. On a nexus, he could completely ragdoll Ventress with just a finger. A single burst of his lightning could kill a whole squad of clones, but it was easily blocked (unlike Sidious' lightning). Revan was supposedly killing Rancors with his lightning. His TK allowed him to levitate. His tutaminis was incredible and the esoteric powers his holocron taught Bane were beyond anything we've seen from Dooku. I'd give Revan an edge in the force.

Verdict: This one could go either way.

Final Conclusion

This would be a good fight. Neither team would win easily, but I'm leaning towards team 1.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 01:56 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by red8
Plagueis vs Bane

First, I want to say that I think Plagueis > TPM Sidious.

TPM's Sidious feats include killing waves or robots and incapacitating waves of aliens of a primitive warrior race.

Bane had feats where he killed those techno-beasts and Andeddu's worshippers.

Plagueis and Bane both didn't do too well against assassins, but both did poorly because plot reasons. Bane was drugged and Cognus was partially severing his connection to the force. Plagueis had to hide his force powers at first.

Plagueis had Midi-chlorian manipulation while Bane had Darth Revan's esoteric powers (thought bomb, the forest fire thing, etc), essence transfer, and other powers from other holocrons.

Plagueis' TK ripped people apart and his lightning could illuminate entire caves and valleys. Bane's lightning could disintegrate people and he could ragdoll the other Dark Lords from his time period (see Quordis).

Plagueis is fast enough that droids cannot sense him. Bane could dodge raindrops.

I think Bane could put up a fight against Plagueis, but would ultimately lose.

Verdict: Plagueis > Bane

Vader vs Malgus

I don't like Malgus so I am going to lowball him and say Vader > Malgus.

Verdict: Vader > Malgus

Revan vs Dooku

Both Jedi were pretty much the best of their era.

Sabers: Malak was known for his combat prowess on the battlefield. Revan was able to best Malak. Dooku was an expert duelist and could go toe to toe with some of the best from his era. I'd give Dooku the edge in sabers.

Force: Dooku's TK could lift giant stones. On a nexus, he could completely ragdoll Ventress with just a finger. A single burst of his lightning could kill a whole squad of clones, but it was easily blocked (unlike Sidious' lightning). Revan was supposedly killing Rancors with his lightning. His TK allowed him to levitate. His tutaminis was incredible and the esoteric powers his holocron taught Bane were beyond anything we've seen from Dooku. I'd give Revan an edge in the force.

Verdict: This one could go either way.

Final Conclusion

This would be a good fight. Neither team would win easily, but I'm leaning towards team 1.

I don't.... WHAT?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Aug 14th, 2014 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't.... WHAT?

2) In KotOR, Revan and Malak were stated as being some the the greatest Jedi of their era. Even if Revan isn't the top dog in TOR, he's still one of the greatest Jedi of that era as well.

Yoda considered Dooku to be one of his greatest students (and his greatest failure).

1) My argument against Malgus is solid. You have to believe me.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:13 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by red8
2) In KotOR, Revan and Malak were stated as being some the the greatest Jedi of their era. Even if Revan isn't the top dog in TOR, he's still one of the greatest Jedi of that era as well.

Yoda considered Dooku to be one of his greatest students (and his greatest failure).

1) My argument against Malgus is solid. You have to believe me.

2)Some of the best is one thing. The best is another.

1)Yea... no.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

red8, I suggest to checkout my Revan Respect Thread. wink

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:35 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Some of the best is one thing. The best is another.

I think the point was that Dooku was the best of his generation, just like Revan was.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:48 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

That makes sense.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:54 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think the point was that Dooku was the best of his generation, just like Revan was.

Revan was the best of his time though, not just generation.
In fact, the Mandalorians awed him as the best in history.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 03:48 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

As if Canderous Ordo would have any idea.

Dooku would be the best of his time too, if it weren't for that Yoda guy. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 04:42 AM
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Pretty damn good fight.

Revan > Dooku
Plagueis > Bane
Vader > Malgus

Going with team 1.

Team one very close but I'll nitpick that Dooku >= Revan

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote