KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Zelda Wii-U

Zelda Wii-U
Started by: Dramatic Gecko

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Skyward Sword was shit because of the shittastic Wii Motion Plus remote. I haven't even finished said game due to immense frustration with the sit controls.
Do you have two left hands?

SS is one of my all time favourite games, in all honesty. It was some of the most fun I'd had since the N64 era.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:19 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Happens anytime Ghirahim's name is spoken.
So you hated him because he made your penis uncomfortably erect?

Get out of the closet.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 06:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

SS is one of my all time favourite games, in all honesty. It was some of the most fun I'd had since the N64 era.

I made it to the second temple before I gave up due to frustration from having to constantly re-calibrate my Wii remote with Motion Plus.

Am I missing something? Does the game shift gears afterward?

The beginning sequence was painfully slow and the whole navigating through that damn forest to find the first temple killed my fun factor.

I don't own a Wii U and I don't plan to, unless this next Zelda game is anything short of epic. If that happens, THEN I'll buy a used Wii U and play it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Aug 21st, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 09:53 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I also hated on how much hand holding the game does. That stupid ****ing companion you had constantly annoying was extremely frustrating.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 08:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

In all honesty the game was considerably easier than the N64 (or maybe I'm just smarter now) I didn't find the game that hard, and it annoyed me how some cool items like the Whip where only useful in the temple you get it from. BUT, the characters were down right classic, Ghirahim cracked me up with his fabulous persona, and Groose becoming a nice and actually having a regular person help to the point of importance was astounding! I loved it.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:13 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I thought Ghirawhatever looked stupid.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:17 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm sorry he emasculated you.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Shut up.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I thought Ghirawhatever looked stupid.

Well he's been living alone on the surface with no one but his red boboklobin thingies fro hundreds of years. You'd dress weird too.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:19 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

(please log in to view the image)

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:21 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

*fist bumps Lek*

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:55 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Ghirahim was awesome, also the controls for the game were great, but I had the wiimote with Plus built in, it might be better than the add on.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 01:58 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Ghirahim was awesome, also the controls for the game were great, but I had the wiimote with Plus built in, it might be better than the add on.

I had the built in too and had no complaints. You're probably right about the add on.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:07 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Quit lying, you just like it because the feats

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:15 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Quit lying, you just like it because the feats
Nah, I legitimately loved the game, the feats were just bonus. The boss fights were so, so good, lol. Especially the Ghirahim fights. Cut that ****er's sword right in half, no ****s given.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:44 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Nah, I legitimately loved the game, the feats were just bonus. The boss fights were so, so good, lol. Especially the Ghirahim fights. Cut that ****er's sword right in half, no ****s given.

Same here. Though, I'd cut Tentalus and Demise's sealed forms from the 'good' boss fights, and I wasn't overly fond of the unbecomingly lacking enemy variety in general.

As for the controls, I can't identify with everyone's complaints. If it means anything, I too had a built-in Plus. I never particularly had any difficulty with it.

Ghirahim for most of the game was a decent villain, and he dramatically improved at the very end just before Demise. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him reappear in another Zelda installment (or the new Smash).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:14 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I liked Tentalus a lot, though the Imprisoned's fights could realistically have been more varied.

The only part of the game I legitimately did not like was Faron's fetch quest, lol. And yeah, +1 to built in motion+ superiority, I'm fairly certain that the reason no one I know had troubles with the controls was because we all had built in motion+ rather than the add on.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:17 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

All right so any ideas/thoughts on how the game might play out with the Skyrimesque approach? I know we know very little, but yeah.

Or rather how you hope it turns out.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:20 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I say we should get romance options and one of them be Ganon

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:28 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I dunno, I'm worried that spreading content over a wider world will make the content less enjoyable, this was, incidentally, a problem I had with skyrim. Dungeons everywhere, sure, but it got boring very quickly.

I hope that they're just opening the world up more, but keeping the level of quality per square kilometer past games have had.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 03:28 AM