KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Hero, The Anti-Hero, and The Villian

The Hero, The Anti-Hero, and The Villian
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Hero, The Anti-Hero, and The Villian

The Sith Emperor has returned at his full power, ready to once again try to destroy the galaxy. As he sits on his throne at the Dark Council, The Hero of Tython rushes to battle him. Revan, the corrupted and crazed leader of the Revanites, also aware of The Sith Emperor's return, has also came to finish what he started. The Sith Emperor is confronted upon two determined to strike him down, though frequent clashes between the two attackers can be expected. Who will prove victorious in the heart of the Sith Empire? The Hero, The Anti-Hero, or The Villian?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm siding with Revan in this match-up. As it stands I have Vitiate as the most powerful of the three, but the tide of the fight seems to be more against Vitiate than anyone else here.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Don't you know? The Hero always wins. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Don't you know? The Hero always wins. (please log in to view the image)

The Usual Suspects.
----- ----- -----
Any others going to vote?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Hero of Tython.

Vitiate will be gunning for the Hero in an act of Revenge, unaware of Revans new power.

Revan won't go for the HOT too much, tunnel visioning the Emperor to, as you said, finish what he started. He seems to have entirely lost his mind, so he's not going to be the strategist and let the HOT do most of the work here, he'll go all out.

The HOT will be on the defense, so won't actually be using too much energy, eventually a stupid bout for revenge will cost Vitiate his life, as Revan takes advantage of him just as Meetra SHOULD have in the Revan Novel (IE, Karpyshyn ****ing sucks at writing and butchered a character with a plot point that made no sense, just to keep the Emperor alive)

That leaves Revan and HOT, Revan having expended his energy isn't in much of a position to summon force attacks, faces off in blades against the HOT and dies horribly.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I feel you are underestimating Revan's new personality. It seems he masks some similar traits to Darth Revan.
He couldn't be goaded into battle, even by the Imperial Strike Team that ended and ****ed him up him the last time.
He also stated that his mind is clearer from ever before, and if you hear the audio, he is much more confident now as well.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:58 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Perhaps, but what reason does he have to face the Hero of Tython?

He thinks the Republic is weak, but here the HOT is trying to slaughter the Emperor...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Not to mention that the HoT was part of the team that saved him. He's always been after the Emperor, I think Selenial's assessment is pretty spot on. Revan might say his mind is clearer than ever, but in reality he's crazier than he ever was.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Not to mention that the HoT was part of the team that saved him. He's always been after the Emperor, I think Selenial's assessment is pretty spot on.

Revan doesn't give a shit really if he saved him anymore though:
Hero of Tython: I helped free you from Imperial captivity, and now you are turning around and betraying the Republic?
Revan: The Republic is too weak and unfocused to do what must be done. To achieve my goals, all distractions must be swept aside.
[...{Additional Dialogue}...]
Revan: The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again.
quote:
Revan might say his mind is clearer than ever, but in reality he's crazier than he ever was.

You can still be crazy but highly intelligent. Look at The Joker from Batman. Revan isn't stupid, he's not going to waist all his energy on the Sith Emperor.
Will he go after Vitiate? Of course, I'm not denying that. I'm denying rather instead over Revan dying horribly, which is laughable.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:40 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm with Ant on this one. Regardless of whether or not Revan is crazy, there is no reason to believe he has lost his insanely high level of intelligence and strategy, particularly when it seems to be the defining factor of his fighting style, and considering that he's successfully leading an entire order of people and continuing to gather more followers.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Hero of Tython: I helped free you from Imperial captivity, and now you are turning around and betraying the Republic?
Revan: The Republic is too weak and unfocused to do what must be done. To achieve my goals, all distractions must be swept aside.
Revan: The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again.

You can still be crazy but highly intelligent. Look at The Joker from Batman. Revan isn't stupid, he's not going to waist all his energy on the Sith Emperor.
Will he go after Vitiate? Of course, I'm not denying that. I'm denying rather instead over Revan dying horribly, which is laughable. [/B]

Ant is right, Revan isn't the same guy on the Foundry he's changed. Probably more powerful than the HoT now (please log in to view the image)

But in all seriousness, he does sound like's he's much more clear headed imo.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah... even if his goals and reasons are backshit crazy, he now has purpose, and that makes him more clear headed in a way.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I know he doesn't exactly feel much gratitude, but he also has no beef with with the Hero either and knows they're a good person. He ****ing hates the Emperor though and he will prioritize killing him over the HoT.

Will he go after Vitiate? Of course, I'm not denying that. I'm denying rather instead over Revan dying horribly, which is laughable.

*waste

I didn't say he was stupid, but I do think he's not thinking clearly and since Vitiate is the source of all his suffering I doubt he won't flip his shit when faced with him.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:52 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No. This is no longer the Revan who just stood there as a bomb made by some Gamorreans exploded:
(please log in to view the image)

This is the returned Revan who conquered a third of the galaxy in a year:
(please log in to view the image)
---- ---- ----
Look at the way he speaks, the way he acts. Any Sith Lord is crazy from the point-of-view from the heroes.
He even says he can't be goaded into battle anymore, a statement he supported by proof of not confronting them personally.
It doesn't take rocket-science to see the great master strategist has returned, ready to once again take on the galaxy.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:56 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Edit:

Whoops i done ****ed up.

But seriously why do people think just because someone's batshit crazy they can't be intelligent?

Last edited by Fated Xtasy on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Revan wins, because he's the embodiment of the force and stronger than the Ones.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote