KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » high herald match cadencev2 vs Supermutant

high herald match cadencev2 vs Supermutant
Started by: beatboks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermutant
I think the only reason to pm a decision is too prevent it from influencing other judges, but I know that the judges we have make their own decisions with their own minds. So really no harm, no foul.

Right. Most matches just have the judges post in-match, and it's probably ok either way. Occasionally you'll see it handled PMs. But I did PM Bada about editing it, so hopefully it will be all good soon.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

my vote is in.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 10:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I have two rulings so far. Amongst my 6 PM's was also a reques to judge this match.
Inappropriate IMO since I'm the one you've elected to have rulings sent to. The purpose of doing so is so that rulings of other judges aren't affected by the votes they see.
If your relying on me to make up judge numbers you'll need another. If you'd like to PM me who's judging I can solicit another judge appropriately

Good luck to you both

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 01:09 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

The judges I know about are Digi, Leo, and god Cloth Seiya. Badabing informed me that he had too much going on right now to be a timely judge. I'm not oppose to Cadence picking another judge, but 3 is fine with me.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 03:03 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Three is fine and avoids any chance of a draw.
So just awaiting god cloths ruling/verdict

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 03:49 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Sounds good.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 09:47 AM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Hope God Cloth gives a ruling soon, I'm curious what others though of this match.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 04:45 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

how has a third person not voted on this?? there MUST be someone out there who could read this thing tonight and vote on it....it's not very long.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 09:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Still waiting on god cloth's ruling/verdict
He did post to say he'd be away for a week or two and cadence said OK.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:12 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by CadenceV2
Hope God Cloth gives a ruling soon, I'm curious what others though of this match.

If you'd like I'm more than happy to post Leo's and Digi's rulings so far in line with what Supermutnant and Digi said on the matter. Frankly it's been annoying my anal nature to leave those PM's in my in box fro so long.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:18 AM
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by beatboks
If you'd like I'm more than happy to post Leo's and Digi's rulings so far in line with what Supermutnant and Digi said on the matter. Frankly it's been annoying my anal nature to leave those PM's in my in box fro so long.

Please do.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:31 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote:

leonidas wrote on Sep 12th, 2014 06:26 AM:
my vote in the cadence/mutant match:

ok, this may be lengthy because i'm just going to write random thoughts as i read then try and gather said thoughts for a winner:

--spawn didn't use prep to do anything special
--not buying strange using the book in battle as a shield--far too valuable for him to ever do that
--strange at least prepped spells and shield

advantage: strange

--tp=wash imo--spawn's tp would likely negate effectiveness of illusions though
--against rules for spawn to try and know what strange did in prep
--spawn has the ability to attack from 360 degrees--can strange shield 360?
--crystals returned energy back at 100x strength, not strange.....
--penance stare spell--convinced it won't work on spawn who's faced and conquered similar attacks multiple times
--strange is trying to do too many things at once--shields, bands, penance stare spell...
--the eye is not in a pocket dimension. proof it CAN'T be teleported away?
--spawn seems to be a 2-in-1 character--gives an advantage in numbers
--proof that shields would handle chains?
--spawn has def advantage physically--strange would never go zom-strange and couldn't because that wouldn't be standard gear
--danger sense could alert spawn to bands, but...big question: can spawn evade/break free of the crimson bands?
--still no proof that the eye can't be teleported. that would give a large edge in tp to spawn....
--scan shows strange blasting while shielding, but NOT THROUGH his shield....proof strange can cast through the shields he raised?
--still looking for proof spawn can get out of the bands....
--don't believe the eye would be working through his raised shields so don't see spawn as being weakened...
--bands caught strange who was intangible and astral--how is spawn going to counter them?
--proof the shields would block an attack from behind?
--bfr'ing isn't happening for either
--strange MIGHT be penance stared.....
--not buying the black hole at all+strange has shields from prep
--can strange's shield keep a teleporter OUT of them...?
--spawn's summoning of creatures could work here as they don't think independently--strange's counter fails because those are independently thinking beings he threatened with
--spawn did not summon creatures INSIDE the body by that scan...
--still no proof the eye isn't ported away, still no proof the bands won't hold spawn, still no proof the shields will work in 360 degrees
--cyttorak scan shows he isn't shielding and attacking at the same time....but it IS 360 in coverage
--cosmic fire? don't see that working on anything as powerful as the suit...
--finally proof spawn could shatter the bands...
--the legion are independent thinkers thus illegal--would need proof they are not, and regardless, the army is against the spirit of the rule
--strange can stop time, but neither showed they could counter it
--lt could destroy strange with a thought--cool feat but meaningless in this match
--gr LET strange have his essence, useless in battle
--spawn's penance stare won't work on strange...

hrm. lots of questions here still, so i had to ask which answered the MOST questions. i know a lot about strange but not too much about spawn, which is fine because as i read, i was pretending to know nothing about either so as not to let my own knowledge impact the battle.

so, what i saw happening (based on effectiveness of counters and attacks) is this: strange never showed the shields could prevent a teleporter from getting inside--that's a def advantage for spawn. also no proof the eye couldn't be ported away was shown. another big edge to spawn, even if i don't necessarily believe EITHER thing would happen. in fact, there IS proof of this i believe, but it wasn't shown. i also didn't see proof strange could cast THROUGH his seraphim shield. so to do anything he'd need to LOWER his shield, or at least part of it like he did against mephisto. spawn could answer that. i thought the bands would work but spawn is likely strong and mystically knowledgeable enough to break them. i thought they COULD slow him, but waited for strange to really show something that would end spawn but i didn't see anything definitive.

in the end, i'm forced to give this to SPAWN.

he seemed to have more bases covered, and seemed better able to handle strange's defense. i do NOT necessarily think spawn could take strange in a comic, but based on what i saw here, i think spawn showed greater ability to adapt to weaknesses that were pointed out and not countered sufficiently. strange's use of the eye in prep was hampered by his own shields. the bands could be countered i thought. once the shields were dropped the advantage became spawn's imo. close fight, very difficult to judge. i learned a lot about spawn here. good job to both.

quote:

Digi wrote on Sep 12th, 2014 12:46 AM:
Well, apparently I screwd up in not sending you my judge ruling. I'm getting Bada to edit it. Here it is:

Ok, thoughts:

- My biggest gripe in this otherwise cool match is that neither of you created a sense of narrative. There were a couple attempts at fight flow, but mostly it was "throw ALL the feats at this and see what sticks." Neither one of your guys could do all of these things over the course of a fight. It's too much. So sifting through it to figure out what counters what, and which scenario is most likely, is tricky, at best. It's fine to have multiple avenues of victory, but it felt more like "I'll do this...OR I'll do this...OR maybe this...OH I can also do this...etc." It wasn't varying methods of attack so much as 3-4 entirely different strategies and/or approaches.

- That aside, great match! Kudos.

- I'm a little dubious this is HH. Strange is listed at HH, yes, but Classic-only strange used to be Trans., and imo rightly so. Spawn similarly seems to push the boundaries. However, a lot of people push limits in tourneys and BZs, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

- Strange got bumped down to HH for a reason, and it was because of a lot of low showings to go with his abstract-busting stuff, even in his "Classic" iteration. Cadence showed a couple of these, and referenced a few more, but more could have been done here. Similarly, Supermutant's counters were mostly Strange-based, and didn't poke holes in Spawn himself.

- The chief struggle is that with such versatile characters, counters exist for a lot of uber sh*t. You both showed awesome attacks similar to Penance Stare, but both had adequate counters or defenses. Astral, telepathy, summoning (or blocking summoning), dimensional portals, etc...all end up pretty much a wash. Also, Strange's artifacts aren't getting destroyed, and Spawn isn't being OHKd like Galactus, imo.

- So then we're left with offense and defense. I do think the Bands afford Strange some initiative, if only briefly. And there is a difference between facing one's fears and simultaneously getting millions of souls dropped on your metaphysical dome, so I think Strange's Ikonn spell would have some affect (though not a OHK). Both of your "kitchen sink" attacks are beyond ridiculous, so either one of you could definitely kill the other. But in such a diverse fight, I have to side where I think there's a slight edge. And Strange's opening, Bands + Ikonn + reflection spell, give him that.

Great fight. Really close. Vote to Supermutant.

and there we have it. The two judges rulings thus far

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:36 AM
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Nice breakdowns from both. Thanks for taking the time smile there was a lot thrown out by me.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 09:51 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

When it comes to judging digi and Leo usually lay out a well articulated and comprehensive view. It's always pretty clear how they reach a decision.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2014 02:38 PM
Supermutant

I guess this match ends in a 1-1 draw lol.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 12:03 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

looks that way.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 05:05 PM