KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » David Ayer to Direct Suicide Squad?!

David Ayer to Direct Suicide Squad?!
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pym-ftw
Mizukage

It's not the biggest franchise ever you mean.... Honestly if your arguing Star Trek isn't a big deal it's not worth arguing with you.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 02:45 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
It's not the biggest franchise ever you mean.... Honestly if your arguing Star Trek isn't a big deal it's not worth arguing with you.

Than piss off. The numbers speak for themselves. Read what I wrote. I said it's not THAT big to the movies you mentioned. And it's certainly not big because of her. She's no Jennifer Lawrence in terms of box office and she certainly isn't A list. Not in terms of box office or talent.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 02:55 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

You piss off just because it doesn't fit your biased idea. She is the star of the highest grossing movie ever, a co star in the second biggest movie this year and the female lead in a multi-generational series. In no conceivable way is she not A list, your crying about Star Trek not being as big as Avatar while forgetting she IS THE STAR OF AVATAR...

Wtf dude come off your high horse and think your stance out.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 05:10 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

You piss off just because it doesn't fit your biased idea. She is the star of the highest grossing movie ever, a co star in the second biggest movie this year and the female lead in a multi-generational series. In no conceivable way is she not A list, your crying about Star Trek not being as big as Avatar while forgetting she IS THE STAR OF AVATAR...

Wtf dude come off your high horse and think your stance out.

I'm not pissed off. lol. She's not A lister and the NUMBERS back me up. Also, by definition an A lister can carry his or her own movie and is a box office success. Like a Depp or Pitt or Will Smith. Zoe isn't even in the top 50 in terms of box office AVERAGE. Look at the numbers.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 05:20 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Arguably Zoe Saldona is playing a D-list (being extremely generous) while an A list actress.

Hardy left because of issues completely divorced from this project, Gyllenhall is probably offered 10 parts a day so no surprise with him turning this down. He probably doesn't want to be tied down to an untested ship yet.

If I was WB I'd grab a new face for Flagg, that way you can sign him for 8-10 movie deal.

Except Gamora is front and center with equal time among team of D-listers. In fact, Gamora probably has as many appearances as, if not more than, most of her team mates.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 05:27 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by Golgo13
I'm not pissed off. lol. She's not A lister and the NUMBERS back me up. Also, by definition an A lister can carry his or her own movie and is a box office success. Like a Depp or Pitt or Will Smith. Zoe isn't even in the top 50 in terms of box office AVERAGE. Look at the numbers.
ok, no prob. She is the star of Avatar & Colombia and both did fairly well. I honestly think your hung up on equating fame with success.
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Except Gamora is front and center with equal time among team of D-listers. In fact, Gamora probably has as many appearances as, if not more than, most of her team mates.
Starlord is the star, Groot & Rocket have more "alone time" than she has and Drax has better lines. Can you quote 3 lines from Gamora off the top of your head? I can't without really thinking about it.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 06:06 AM
Senor Cage

She might be an A lister in today's era, because Hollywood isn't really about the star. Stars today don't carry movies like they did back in the day, so if we use the stars/A lister definition at least in terms of old school stars, she wouldn't be an A lister.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 06:21 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

...what? Are you talking like 1920's golden age? You have plenty of actors today who spawn franchises on thier own.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 06:47 AM
Senor Cage

...what? Are you talking like 1920's golden age? You have plenty of actors today who spawn franchises on thier own.

80s and 90s too. Where certain stars guaranteed big box office. That's the traditional definition of A list star. Zoe is just lucky she chooses the right movies. If you switched Zoe with anyone else, Avatar would still make 2 b.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 06:54 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Not really,

Liam Neeson has a whole series of Old guy kicks ass movies now.

Hardy, Bale, Fassbender, Jackman, Gyllenhall, and a lot of young talents are also making money off their name alone.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 07:03 AM
Senor Cage

Not really,

Liam Neeson has a whole series of Old guy kicks ass movies now.

Hardy, Bale, Fassbender, Jackman, Gyllenhall, and a lot of young talents are also making money off their name alone.

Bale and Jackman are A listers, but Gyllenhall, Fassbender, and Hardy don't guarantee big box office. All the numbers are on boxofficemojo.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 07:06 AM
Senor Cage

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:31 AM
WhiteWitchKing

ok, no prob. She is the star of Avatar & Colombia and both did fairly well. I honestly think your hung up on equating fame with success. Starlord is the star, Groot & Rocket have more "alone time" than she has and Drax has better lines. Can you quote 3 lines from Gamora off the top of your head? I can't without really thinking about it.

"Errgh...I'm gonna die with the biggest idiots in the galaxy."

"Peter Quill, I know what you're doing. Your pelvic sorcery has no sway over me."

"We're all like Kevin Bacon."

"Who put sticks up their butts"

"Nebula, sister, you can help us fight Thanos."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 08:18 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 09:23 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

David Ayer shows teases his comic book inspiration for the movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=114968

claims he's sticking to Canon but yet they choose Will Smith for Deadshot.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 9th, 2015 at 09:08 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 09:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Joel Kinnaman might be rick flagg...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...n-joel-kinnaman

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 07:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:33 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
Not that big compared to Star Wars or Avatar. Last one made 467 WW. She isn't a house hold name, yet.

Star Trek is a far bigger franchise than Avatar. Come on.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
Star Trek is a far bigger franchise than Avatar. Come on.

I'm only talking about current Box office.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 05:52 AM
Senor Cage

Margot Robbie might be playing Harley for the next ten years.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/m...qu/1100-151450/

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:10 PM