KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nox vs Mace Windu

Darth Nox vs Mace Windu
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Based
iPinoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Not necessarily. I have my doubts that Mace could fight Bane, Vader, Emperor's Wrath, Kun, Hord, etc. simply because their skill with the saber isn't too shabby either.

So Mace could disarm Sidious but is not a lock to outduel the Wrath, Kun or freaking Tulak Hord?

There's only a select few in which vapaad wouldn't give him big amps against dark siders and none of those are it.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:30 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I always thought he had some sort of a oneness moment kinda thing that made him use vaapad to its full potential since he performed much poorly against weaker dark side users. If you're saying that the stronger the dark side aligned opponent is, the better for Windu; then The Son of Mortis should be pretty easy for Windu to defeat.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by Sinious
I always thought he had some sort of a oneness moment kinda thing that made him use vaapad to its full potential since he performed much poorly against weaker dark side users. If you're saying that the stronger the dark side aligned opponent is, the better for Windu; then The Son of Mortis should be pretty easy for Windu to defeat.

Except vapaad is a lightsaber form and to my knowledge doesn't amp his force offense and defense which wouldn't stop the Son of Mortis from TK'ing the hell out of him.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Based
Except vapaad is a lightsaber form and to my knowledge doesn't amp his force offense and defense which wouldn't stop the Son of Mortis from TK'ing the hell out of him.

And you think Sidious' TK isnt superior to Windu?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

And you think Anakin's TK isn't superior to Kenobi's?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:48 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

And you think Sidious' TK isnt superior to Windu?

There's a fine line in the gap between Sidious and Mace and the tremendous gap between The Son and Mace.

Like a really fine line.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:51 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

How is that relevant?

Btw, I'm not saying Windu used something else against Sidious. I'm simply saying that he doesn't always perform that good and since Nox is no Palpatine, it makes more sense to assume he would perform like he did against Dooku so I'm using that incarnation as stated in the OP.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:52 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

So Mace could disarm Sidious but is not a lock to outduel the Wrath, Kun or freaking Tulak Hord?

There's only a select few in which vapaad wouldn't give him big amps against dark siders and none of those are it.

Sidious permeated with the Dark Side, from Mace's perspective with Shatterpoint, he seemed to be the Dark Side, for good reason. No, the amp Mace received there is never, ever, going to be comparable to the amp he would get from anyone else.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:11 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

How is that relevant?

Btw, I'm not saying Windu used something else against Sidious. I'm simply saying that he doesn't always perform that good and since Nox is no Palpatine, it makes more sense to assume he would perform like he did against Dooku so I'm using that incarnation as stated in the OP.

Vaapad also channels Force energy out of the user without harming them. Only Palpatine has ever pushed it to it's limits. Nox isn't as saber oriented as Dooku, and wouldn't fare the same.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:12 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

How is that relevant?

You're right it's not but you're the one who brought it up..

quote:

It's mostly semantics but the OP didn't really make sense. Vapaad would have given him a different amp whether or not you stated it because that's how it works. In the OP you made it sound like Vapaad was forbidden which was a total nerf.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:12 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Vaapad also channels Force energy out of the user without harming them. Only Palpatine has ever pushed it to it's limits. Nox isn't as saber oriented as Dooku, and wouldn't fare the same.

This does make sense. In the end, it depends on how much Nox can hold him off in sabers. Relying on the force itself won't be enough for Nox.

I however, believe that Windu would defeat Nox at the end.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:17 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

What? No, Vaapad doesn't feed on the force energies of the opponent. Vaapad's mechanics are almost unrelated to the force, really, at least directly--it's more about emotion.

Sith become more powerful by drawing on their rage, their inner darkness. Mace, as a Jedi, invented Vaapad to put use to his own inner darkness, channeling his negative emotions into something positive.

And just as Sith feed on the fear or anger of their others to stack on their own strength, Mace too accepts the fury of the opponent, the darkness within them, and channels it along with his own--competing the circle.

The effects of Mace's fighting philosophy are not that much different than Sith, it's simply more efficient--Probably most comparable to Scourge's affinity for gorging on the emotions of others.

Mace was at his best in RotS partially because Sidious's inner darkness was greater than the ores he faced, and also because he submerged himself more deeply into the fight--he wasn't holding back like he usually does. Really though, the difference in performance then and in his other showings is overrated. It's certainly significant, but not what is made out to be.

Windu wins, btw.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 07:10 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Nice post. thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 07:47 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Mace's personal mental state during that fight is almost as important as the Sith he was facing.

Silver's comicvine thread perfectly puts into picture just how much circumstance surrounded Mace's performance.

That said I think Nox's sorcery abilities are just too much for Mace's force prowess, regardless of magnitude.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 09:11 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by NewGuy01
*snip*

Novel says Vaapad is a channel for "darkness" that allowed Palpatine to hardly even touch Mace with his Lightning. Vaapad isn't just about enjoying fighting; it's more than that. Otherwise, it's just be Juyo.
quote:

Windu wins, btw.

Not without "channeling the darkness" he isn't.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 01:57 PM
Based
iPinoy

Novel says Vaapad is a channel for "darkness" that allowed Palpatine to hardly even touch Mace with his Lightning. Vaapad isn't just about enjoying fighting; it's more than that. Otherwise, it's just be Juyo.

He clearly wrote in his post that it channels Mace's inner darkness and the darkness of his opponent's. He said nothing about enjoying fighting either. no expression

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:28 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

He clearly wrote in his post that it channels Mace's inner darkness and the darkness of his opponent's. He said nothing about enjoying fighting either. no expression

Yeah, I think he did. Anyway, I was talking about channeling Force powers, not just inner darkness.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:30 PM
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by NewGuy01
What? No, Vaapad doesn't feed on the force energies of the opponent. Vaapad's mechanics are almost unrelated to the force, really, at least directly--it's more about emotion.

Sith become more powerful by drawing on their rage, their inner darkness. Mace, as a Jedi, invented Vaapad to put use to his own inner darkness, channeling his negative emotions into something positive.

And just as Sith feed on the fear or anger of their others to stack on their own strength, Mace too accepts the fury of the opponent, the darkness within them, and channels it along with his own--competing the circle.

The effects of Mace's fighting philosophy are not that much different than Sith, it's simply more efficient--Probably most comparable to Scourge's affinity for gorging on the emotions of others.

Mace was at his best in RotS partially because Sidious's inner darkness was greater than the ores he faced, and also because he submerged himself more deeply into the fight--he wasn't holding back like he usually does. Really though, the difference in performance then and in his other showings is overrated. It's certainly significant, but not what is made out to be.

Windu wins, btw.

Well put!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm late for this but it has been argued that Mace was boosted a shitton in that fight by how insanely pissed off he was at Palpatine being the Dark Lord.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah, there is a huge skill disparity between Nox and Windu as well. Windu is significantly faster, more powerful (naturally), and a much better lightsaber combatant.

Nox is strong but there is no reason to believe his/her ghost move will prove a substantial factor in a majority.

Windu still takes this

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 09:49 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote