KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battlezone: BEATBOKS VS PSYCHO GUNDAM

Battlezone: BEATBOKS VS PSYCHO GUNDAM
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

the crux of Beatboks' winning this battle seems to rest on that opening attack... which is all but irrelevant considering that even if it breaks through the shielding and kills PG's fighters, they would simply regenerate.

My vote goes to PG.

In the end there was just too much backpedaling and unsubstantiated claims on Beatboks' side of the argument, and he really presented no valid counters to the attacks (or defenses) PG's fighters have... particularly Itachi's ability to seal Nebula.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 02:41 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Congrats on the win psycho.
Stoked I got even one vote, up against Legion who should have pretty much soloed my team.
Somewhat surprised you didn't pull out some of his bigger non time manip related feats though.
No need to call any more judges unless you want 5.
Maybe we can do one again some time. Ideally with a little more prep time than the norm (I love prep battles ;D) like say 20 minutes or half an hour.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 09:17 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
the crux of Beatboks' winning this battle seems to rest on that opening attack... which is all but irrelevant considering that even if it breaks through the shielding and kills PG's fighters, they would simply regenerate.

My vote goes to PG.

In the end there was just too much backpedaling and unsubstantiated claims on Beatboks' side of the argument, and he really presented no valid counters to the attacks (or defenses) PG's fighters have... particularly Itachi's ability to seal Nebula.

I would be curious to know what I didn't substantiate if you don't mind when you have a chance. I was pretty positive everything I put up was either in one of my scans or one of those psycho put up, but I may have missed something.

I always like to learn from my mistakes if I can

Last edited by beatboks on Oct 17th, 2014 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 09:20 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

(please log in to view the image)

However.....

Originally posted by beatboks
Congrats on the win psycho.
Stoked I got even one vote, up against Legion who should have pretty much soloed my team.
Somewhat surprised you didn't pull out some of his bigger non time manip related feats though.
No need to call any more judges unless you want 5.
Maybe we can do one again some time. Ideally with a little more prep time than the norm (I love prep battles ;D) like say 20 minutes or half an hour.
5 judges is the only acceptable way. I feel I won in dominating fashion so in my opinion a 2-1 decision isn't enough

And we can definitely have a run back with more preparation time and new characters.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 07:03 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

So who are your other two judges

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 08:29 PM
vdoxII

I don't know who your other judges are, but having read through this you BOTH deserve to loose.

Psycho, seriously you had Legion and yet you failed to stomp. Legion who is easily High herald/ Trans level at the least and yet you allowed your opponent to somehow dictate what feats you were using.

How Legion even fitted into the scale of the other choces here is beyond me, but the fact that you didn't simply end this in the first post is amazing. You had a single player leagues beyond the rest of both teams and you failed miserably to take advantage of it.

Beatboks, you had one of the best brains in comics who has made weapons that have stopped planetary destruction level weapons on the fly. That has created a device in two panels that allowed his team of NON TPers to mentally overpower a planetary level TPER. MLJ Comet is the Reed Richards of MLJ. when he was depowered in the Silver age after his time on an alien planet abated his powers he simply created a suit that gave him new powers which included matter manipulation and [u]complete control of the electro magnetic spectrum]/u], and you didn't even use anything close to his best feats.

I could understand if you simply weren't aware but IIRC I've seen you use those feats on tourney's on other forums. You could have used the prep to simply access all the gear in his base or star ship and made almost anything on the fly.

then there was Terry Sloane, another underused character on your part. the guy overpowered and soloed E2 Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Supergirl and Robin as well as all the forces of Apocalips, created a device that could move a planet, and was aware of things on countless other worlds and time frames and THIS was the best you could do with him.

pathetic debate really from both of you considering what your teams were capable of and could have done with the right amopunt of effort.

Last edited by vdoxII on Dec 15th, 2014 at 05:08 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 05:05 AM
vdoxII is currently offline Click here to Send vdoxII a Private Message Find more posts by vdoxII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

thanks for your input. I did intend to use those feats here too, but when I chose them I thought I and more prep. the tourney this was based on had a stipulation about extra prep for every obscure character you picked and I picked three pretty bloody obscure ones. Why else do you think I picked two prep masters in a mid herald level BZ??

The thing was the prep we ended up with simply would have made any feats I used like that less than viable. Yes he did them in two and three panels, but that was SA MLJ so we're talking about stories that were completely told in 8 to 10 pages. So contextually a few panels back then would be like several pages now since the same stories can take 5 or six issues to complete (making them nearly 10 times longer). So where two panels now days may be seconds it could have been 15 minutes to an half or an hour from a SA story by MLJ. Sort of like DC or Marvel GA tales from anthologies.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:05 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by vdoxII
I don't know who your other judges are, but having read through this you BOTH deserve to loose.

Psycho, seriously you had Legion and yet you failed to stomp. Legion who is easily High herald/ Trans level at the least and yet you allowed your opponent to somehow dictate what feats you were using.

How Legion even fitted into the scale of the other choces here is beyond me, but the fact that you didn't simply end this in the first post is amazing. You had a single player leagues beyond the rest of both teams and you failed miserably to take advantage of it.
Maybe because those high level showings would be inadmissible given the limits of the original stipulations, so using everything before his awakening was okay.

"Dictate what feats you were using", the fuc? If anything Beatboks' arsenal was whittled down to a ghost of what he originally wanted to utilize per his OP. Him not being able to use it or not using it out of misguided bravado is a knock against him, not me.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:18 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vdoxII

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Maybe because those high level showings would be inadmissible given the limits of the original stipulations, so using everything before his awakening was okay.

"Dictate what feats you were using", the fuc?

So this wasn't made by you??
quote:
Now Legion can teleport him right behind Dark Nebula and that's that.. Legion has transported Storm through Space AND even time so it's a simple act

Clearly you had every intention of using higher feats and only really had to reign in the time manip stuff not everything.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
If anything Beatboks' arsenal was whittled down to a ghost of what he originally wanted to utilize per his OP. Him not being able to use it or not using it out of misguided bravado is a knock against him, not me.

How do you figure that?? you didn't even breach his TP defense. Your big argument is that Legion is 10 X Xavier. he showed an ordinary member of the race that attacked him match the best feat you gave for Xavier by being in TP contact with someone from the next galaxy light years away. Even if we take your argument that only those pictured were the ones attacking him (in the scan you numbered 1,2,3) there were nine people pictured in 1 and 11 in another and we also saw that the disembodied guy who was part of him was ALSO attacking (makes it 12 at least). so he's show by your argument withstanding and eventually falluing to 12 x Xavier's TP and you have 10. I also notice you didn't bother responding to the fact that he showed ALL the race looked like one of the three in every single scan. I also noticed you both ignored completely different back grounds in every single panel of those attacking.

you did a splendid job, sorry for calling your shortcomings

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 01:12 PM
vdoxII is currently offline Click here to Send vdoxII a Private Message Find more posts by vdoxII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vdoxII

Originally posted by beatboks

The thing was the prep we ended up with simply would have made any feats I used like that less than viable. Yes he did them in two and three panels, but that was SA MLJ so we're talking about stories that were completely told in 8 to 10 pages. So contextually a few panels back then would be like several pages now since the same stories can take 5 or six issues to complete (making them nearly 10 times longer). So where two panels now days may be seconds it could have been 15 minutes to an half or an hour from a SA story by MLJ. Sort of like DC or Marvel GA tales from anthologies.

O_o Correct me if I'm wrong but it was YOU i've seen use this character and his Silver age gear in a tourney somewhere who showed he took of his helmet and pushed a button and gear just flew from his base to him to assemble to build a weapon that prevented the complete destruction of earth, RIGHT???

It was you who showed the same character build a device that allowed 5 non mentally powered beings over power Brain Emperor who you also showed controlling entire armies.

You also showed a device that he built that showed his team all future threats, as well as another that allowed him to transmute wood into metal and other things. You showed him using his gear to perform Magneto type feats of controlling opponents weapons. To phase through solid objects, move at hyper sonic speeds, teleport. Not only fly but graqnt others the power of flight, scan on multi spectral levels. All from a set of gloves and a helmet he'd made.

This was all from gear YOU showed he simply put on once he realized his powers had ceased because he'd already made it. And your tellingme he couldn't get dressed (into nothing more than gloves and a helmet) in 5 minutes?? Lame

Last edited by vdoxII on Dec 15th, 2014 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 01:17 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by vdoxII
So this wasn't made by you??

Clearly you had every intention of using higher feats and only really had to reign in the time manip stuff not everything.

How do you figure that?? you didn't even breach his TP defense. Your big argument is that Legion is 10 X Xavier. he showed an ordinary member of the race that attacked him match the best feat you gave for Xavier by being in TP contact with someone from the next galaxy light years away. Even if we take your argument that only those pictured were the ones attacking him (in the scan you numbered 1,2,3) there were nine people pictured in 1 and 11 in another and we also saw that the disembodied guy who was part of him was ALSO attacking (makes it 12 at least). so he's show by your argument withstanding and eventually falluing to 12 x Xavier's TP and you have 10. I also notice you didn't bother responding to the fact that he showed ALL the race looked like one of the three in every single scan. I also noticed you both ignored completely different back grounds in every single panel of those attacking.

you did a splendid job, sorry for calling your shortcomings
1) We agreed not to use time shenanigans so it was only a comment on his capabilities regarding space/time transport.

2) It's 9 on panel characters given that the one with lines at the end was part of the panels. Beatboks was soooo secure with that event then it was taken from him without any fallback plan.

Bless

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 11:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud you've both been ridiculously patient with the "helpful" critiquing.... i applaud you both.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 01:18 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud you've both been ridiculously patient with the "helpful" critiquing.... i applaud you both.

Patience is getting thin, and if that's who I think it is based on his last post I'm about to go down the 10th floor of my building and beat the little shit senseless to teach him to stop hounding me on forums.

@vdox, it is you isn't it John?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 12:13 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud i approve. thumb up

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 01:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Plot twist

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 06:45 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

It was the little shit, sorted him out last night. He's still pissed that I embarrased him at our local comic shop when I shot dow a few innacurate things he was spouting off.

I wouldnt mind but he already got me banned from comic bloc for 6 months because he somehow piggy backed off my IP and trolled the mods, in freakin PM no less. I never even knew what happened.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 11:05 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud that's actually pretty hilarious. give the kid props for moxie at least. lol

Old Post Dec 16th, 2014 11:08 PM