KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
I can see we're already at the "no one's changing their minds now we're just posting for no real reason" phase. So, no offense meant on my part. Have a goodun'!

Originally posted by KingD19
Posting at RIV6672 for no reason.

Well...i tried. laughing

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Wonder if Creel could actually absorb the enchantment? I have my doubts.

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:16 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He's absorbed magical energies before, i think it'd be interesting to see!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:20 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He's never absorbed something as esoteric as an enchantment though. Even the more exotic stuff he's absorbed he's had some way of interacting with. He absorbed Sentry's energy, Hulk's gamma energy, Asgard, etc... But that is stuff that can be interacted with and drained.

He could probably absorb his powers through touching the Ruby, but even if he could take it directly from Cain, Cytorrak would more than likely say no deal and yank the powers away.

There's a possibility, but there's just as much if not more possibility that he wouldn't be able to.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:28 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So now we disagree on Thor's hammer not being esoteric and/or enchanted.

Gonna save us both time: not changing my mind.

wink thumb up

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:31 AM
bluewaterrider

Re: The Juggernaut

What environment do you think they're fighting in? OP didn't specify which means featureless environment unless they changed that.

On the contrary.

The original poster of this thread (OP) DID specify where they're fighting.

Check out his opening post again:

Originally posted by Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

Cls.Juggernaut

Vs

1.Colossus

2.Thing

3.Crusher Creel

4.Flint Marko

5.Sasquatch

6.Rulk

7.Cls.Abomination

8.Cls.Hercules

Can Juggy clear the list?
Juggy gets no health insurance or regain after each fight.

All fights happen in NYC.

Can Juggy clear it?

"All fights happen in New York City" (NYC).

Which is not a featureless environment at all.

It's big buildings near big ocean with lots of interact-able resources in and around this area.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:53 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Op said all fights take place in NYC

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 01:37 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Thanks Bluewaterrider

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 01:39 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

1. if I'm blind I might walk into a cement pit too.

2. where do you think they're fighting that Ben has access to all this BFR material?

3. OP certainly doesn't mention it.

4. If Ben just has e fantasti-car lying around, I can just as easily say Cain brought Black Tom along and he's blasting the hell out of the other guy to distract them.

5. in his classic days, Cain's enchantment did prevent him from sinking. He swam after the X-Men faster than he could run, and even Jean keeping him lifted up with TK just made him walk on the air.

6. You clearly don't get it. Thing literally can't touch him through that force field.

7. And he can't be moved by anything Thing can dish out. So how will he bfr him if he can't even make him move?

1. He also did it to himself by jumping into a clothing store whereupon a coat fell on his head ... (Marve Team Up, final issue, Spider-Man + X-Men, MTU#150 iirc)

2. New York City.

3. OP does mention it

4. This is a scenario matchup. It's fine if you don't want to allow it, but that is the first thing that came to mind, and is indeed something Ben would have access to under normal "fighting in NYC" conditions. Also he's used vehicles to try for battlefield BFR before. Not all of them WORKED, mind you, but he did try to use them to do that.

5. Scans or absolutely none of that happened.
What you're saying doesn't make much sense even by comic book standards, and is directly contradicted by the events of Juggernaut's first encounter with Spider-Man.

6. The forcefield is not always active. He had a forcefield in MTU #150, after all. Rogue still managed to touch him and absorb his power when caught in Jug's bearhug.
7. Juggernaut was moved by Spider-Man yanking a sewer plate out from underneath him. So was Black Tom. If you can't move Juggernaut, move the ground he's standing on. Thing is more than strong enough to accomplish that.

Given #7, I'd be interested to see how far Thing has successfully tossed a weight of about a thousand pounds. If its over a mile or two, Thing could certainly BFR Juggy by throwing him out into New York Harbor.

In THAT body of water, at least, Juggy sinks instead of floating.
(See first Spider-Man versus Juggernaut fight.)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 03:32 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Looks like i had a few valid reasons to change my mind on Ben after all. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:34 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

7. Juggernaut was moved by Spider-Man yanking a sewer plate out from underneath him. So was Black Tom. If you can't move Juggernaut, move the ground he's standing on. Thing is more than strong enough to accomplish that.

Given #7, I'd be interested to see how far Thing has successfully tossed a weight of about a thousand pounds. If its over a mile or two, Thing could certainly BFR Juggy by throwing him out into New York Harbor.

In THAT body of water, at least, Juggy sinks instead of floating.
(See first Spider-Man versus Juggernaut fight.)

Attachment: sewer plate slingshot. spiderman versus juggernaut and black tom. mtu150 condensation.jpg
This has been downloaded 59 time(s).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 06:45 AM
juggerman

Re: The Juggernaut

Who wins?

The Juggernaut

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 11:21 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Juggernaut didn't walk on the air, but:

(please log in to view the image)

That is what people are referring to.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 11:26 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

That's actually not QUITE so far-fetched as I thought, then.

I can see how that would get conflated into "walking on air" over the course of time, too ...

Actually, I have heard, think I've even seen, images from bygone day where somebody actually DID walk on air, though it wasn't the Juggernaut.

Certainly Doctor Strange and Invisible Woman are adept at tricks like that ...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:37 PM
DarkSaint85

Actually, I have heard, think I've even seen, images from bygone day where somebody actually DID walk on air, though it wasn't the Juggernaut.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

That's the kind of cartoon that used to give me nightmares as a kid.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:46 PM
bluewaterrider

Thing fights with heart, not smarts. All he does is try to outmuscle the other guy, and if that won't work, he just takes a beating.

confused

Have you ever actually seen the Thing FIGHT an opponent in Juggernaut's class?

Check out Fantastic Four #s 25 and 26 when you get the chance.

Last edited by bluewaterrider on Sep 25th, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:52 PM
bluewaterrider

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:56 PM
Flyattractor

On the Ult Spidey toon. Spidey just beat Cain with electro webs. So I guess electricity will now work against the Juggernaut.

Its Disney so its CANON!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 05:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

confused

Have you ever actually seen the Thing FIGHT an opponent in Juggernaut's class?

Check out Fantastic Four #s 25 and 26 when you get the chance.

Yeah, he obviously hasnt, or is choosing to overlook things to make a point...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 08:18 PM