KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All

Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol. Are we all electing to ignore the fact that EU Grievous has stalemated Mace Windu (Labyrinth of Evil), repeatedly given Dooku close sparring sessions (can't quite remember the source but I can dig it up), overwhelmed Obi-Wan Kenobi's defences with twenty strikes per second (Revenge of the Sith), defeated a duo of Asajj Ventress and Durge in a comic, ect. Then you have him losing to Ventress, and backing away from the likes of Eeth Koth in TCW. As far as I'm concerned it's a different version of the character altogether.

As far as sabers are concerned it's
Grievous > Ventress > Savage
Even adding in TK wouldn't help them unless they BFR'd him, because none of them have demonstrated Force crush or anything similar.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:31 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Lol. Are we all electing to ignore the fact that EU Grievous has stalemated Mace Windu (Labyrinth of Evil), repeatedly given Dooku close sparring sessions (can't quite remember the source but I can dig it up), overwhelmed Obi-Wan Kenobi's defences with twenty strikes per second (Revenge of the Sith), defeated a duo of Asajj Ventress and Durge in a comic, ect.

Nope, you're right. GG wins.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Ahsoka kicks GG's ass.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

TCW General Grievous* Not EU Grievous.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:47 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

TCW Grievous also stomped Obi-Wan in a duel, which, to me, is even better than his Hypori feat in OCW.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Are we not forgetting.... Tol Skorr??

Ok, any of the main trio would pwn him in a second ^^

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Nargaroth
TCW Grievous also stomped Obi-Wan in a duel, which, to me, is even better than his Hypori feat in OCW.

Which episode ?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Q99
Are we not forgetting.... Tol Skorr??

Ok, any of the main trio would pwn him in a second ^^

Were forgetting a LOT of people dude.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 07:30 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Originally posted by Marco1907
Which episode ?

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAe5Ogs6a-c

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

My feeling is that while Griev improved, so did Ventress. In the end I think she'd still have the small edge.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAe5Ogs6a-c

Hmm. Good one. (I hope you are counting Maul's lightning deflection with sabre and TK feat against Darth Sidious as well, since this one is un-aired episode just like that deleted scene)

I need to say ''but'' ... Obi-Wan defeated him via TK attacks twice in TCW as well. People saying that using TK attacks on Grievous is not fair, but he is using cybernetic limbs all the time and is that fair ? Because he only defeated Obi-Wan there via surprise factor with his cybernetic limb.

In total count at TCW ; Obi-Wan 2 - Grievous 1,

Nice catch from that un-aired episode though.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 07:50 PM
Nargaroth

Originally posted by Marco1907
Hmm. Good one. (I hope you are counting Maul's TK feat against Darth Sidious as well, since this one is un-aired episode just like that deleted scene)

I need to say ''but'' ... Obi-Wan defeated him via TK attacks twice in TCW as well. People saying that using TK attacks on Grievous is not fair, but he is using cybernetic limbs all the time and is that fair ? Because he only defeated Obi-Wan there via surprise factor with his cybernetic limb.

In total count at TCW ; Obi-Wan 2 - Grievous 1,

Nice catch from that un-aired episode though.

Maul vs Sidious is a deleted scene from a finished episode, and it's not canon, not to mention Filoni said that Maul was no match for his former master. This is an unaired episode from an unreleased story arc, and it should be canon, otherwise I wouldn't have included it. Huge difference.

On a second thought however, this feat is probably inconsistent, unless we accept Emperor's explanation that Grievous was being cocky in his other fights throughout TCW.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 07:57 PM
Q99

I'll note Anakin and Kenobi seemed the most actually intimidated by Savage.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:10 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Maul vs Sidious is a deleted scene from a finished episode, and it's not canon, not to mention Filoni said that Maul was no match for his former master. This is an unaired episode from an unreleased story arc, and it should be canon, otherwise I wouldn't have included it. Huge difference.

I didn't say he was a match for Sidious. Holding his own for a while doesn't mean you can match with him, Dooku hold his own against Yoda, but clearly he is no match for Yoda without any amp or advantage.
And Maul was not even alone, Savage was helping Maul there.

As for the deleted scene, they certainly did something there, otherwise there was no reason to change the location of their fighting place at mandalore.

On a second thought however, this feat is probably inconsistent, unless we accept Emperor's explanation that Grievous was being cocky in his other fights throughout TCW.

I agree that is inconsistent, but surely that is a win for Grievous's account.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Oct 13th, 2014 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:10 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So has Ventress.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Originally posted by Nephthys
So has Ventress.

In a duel? I doubt it, and she should only be Obi-Wan's equal. I also recall that Dooku regarded Grievous as the best duellist among his apprentices, and this should be correct based off EU/OCW/Utapau Arc feats.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:17 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

In one duel she knocks out Kenobi in under 10 seconds while dueling Anakin at the same time.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Could you please post it? I don't remember that.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Can't find it on youtube. It's in the episode Nightsisters, about 4 minutes in.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:26 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by ILS
Lol. Are we all electing to ignore the fact that EU Grievous has stalemated Mace Windu (Labyrinth of Evil), repeatedly given Dooku close sparring sessions (can't quite remember the source but I can dig it up), overwhelmed Obi-Wan Kenobi's defences with twenty strikes per second (Revenge of the Sith), defeated a duo of Asajj Ventress and Durge in a comic, ect. Then you have him losing to Ventress, and backing away from the likes of Eeth Koth in TCW. As far as I'm concerned it's a different version of the character altogether.

As far as sabers are concerned it's
Grievous > Ventress > Savage
Even adding in TK wouldn't help them unless they BFR'd him, because none of them have demonstrated Force crush or anything similar.

Actually, aside from no longer being a challenge for Dooku and Windu and a few low showings, TCW Grievous has been consistently depicted as being a challenge for jedi masters such as Kenobi. I mean, the only force users who didn't seem to struggle with Grievous were Ventress (who was on dark side nexus and and a place imbued with nightsister magic; though I'm not sure if the imbued nightsister magic would have benefitted Ventress as it would Talzin. I find it unlikely especially in a saber duel) and Fisto. Other than that, most of the force users who beat Grievous or gained an advantage over him, happened when they distanced themselves from him, otherwise Grievous's speed was usually good enough to make it hard for force users to use the force on him mid-combat. Majority of his fights with Kenobi had Grievous holding the upper hand until Kenobi found the opportunity to utilize the force on him. In other words, it required Kenobi, who is one of the greatest saber masters of his time, a ton of experience to finally defeat Grievous handily as of ROTS. I don't think Grievous is as terrible as most make him out to be, considering the trouble he gives jedi masters.

As for what Filoni said about Grievous, he depicted the exact opposite. However, he did depict Grievous as being a coward, running off when one gains an advantage over him, but that doesn't make him less threatening.

Last edited by Dominis on Oct 13th, 2014 at 08:31 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote