KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Cade Skywalker Vs Darth Maul

Cade Skywalker Vs Darth Maul
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cs_zoltan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Maul's shuttle feat is pretty shit compared to even Obi-Wan's shuttle feat, and Maul was ragdolling him.

That just proves my other point further.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:04 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

My point is that a direct feat-to-feat comparison may not be the best thing. Many Force users' greatest showings are not environmental destruction, but the scaling they gain off ragdolling others. Maul's also ragdolled Obi-Wan without circumstances in the comic.

Muur's "Mind domination" was shit, btw. At most, it amounted to glorified temptation, and it only worked on Shado Vao and non-Force sensitives like Pulsipher. ****ing Celeste Morne resisted it. As a person with no interest in the power that Muur could offer him, Cade wouldn't need a whole lot of willpower to get through that. Maul certainly would be able to.

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:06 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
he fought Reborn Krayt inconclusively for at least a good minute before Krayt resorted to hax.
On what basis?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yeah, where's the proof that it was a minute at least?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:12 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Looking at the comic itself, it does go off panel for several pages during their fight. I wasn't aware of that.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:14 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I thought Zoltan didn't accept that for Muur vs Krayt.

Nevertheless, off-panel can merely portray simultaneous events, not successive ones. That doesn't mean it's a minute or more. You can argue that it's probably a longer fight that one would get the impression of, but I'd avoid numbers.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:17 AM
cs_zoltan

Maul's also ragdolled Obi-Wan without circumstances in the comic.

Right, so Kenobi literally throwing himself at Maul, monologing and getting interrupted at the middle of the sentence doesn't count as being "distracted", but Kyp not looking at Kenth when he got owned does. Lmao.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
On what basis?

On the basis of the offpanel screens.

http://i.imgur.com/dLWCQNE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BROtJLE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/L9gsbtt.jpg

Even just reading out the lines without a realistic break between dialogues is roughly a minute and a half.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:21 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

I thought Zoltan didn't accept that for Muur vs Krayt.

Didn't accept what?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:22 AM
Gunsout
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul spanks in sabers. Cade spanks in Force

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 11:53 AM
Click here to Send Gunsout a Private Message Find more posts by Gunsout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Right, so Kenobi literally throwing himself at Maul, monologing and getting interrupted at the middle of the sentence doesn't count as being "distracted", but Kyp not looking at Kenth when he got owned does. Lmao.

Yes, I'm sure charging at someone (because I always leave myself open when I engage in battle with someone) and getting choked by them is in the same ballpark was getting attacked by a third party when you're concentrating on something else entirely, since, you know, I always have my defenses covered for a random attack when I'm doing something.

Didn't accept what?

I recall you dismissing Muur's duel against Krayt as lasting a page, even though off-panel, it was four or five pages. But I could be wrong.

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 12:00 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed with ancient carthage's posts

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 12:15 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Yes, I'm sure charging at someone (because I always leave myself open when I engage in battle with someone) and getting choked by them is in the same ballpark was getting attacked by a third party when you're concentrating on something else entirely, since, you know, I always have my defenses covered for a random attack when I'm doing something.

Kyp wasn't concentrating on anything, he just pushed Corran and then was standing there. He might've not expected to get pinned to the wall by Kenth, but Kenobi wasn't expected to get choked either, otherwise he wouldn't have been monologing. And he wasn't even in a fighting stance anyway, he just wanted to trade himself for the girl or something.

All in all, your acceptance or dismissal of what is a legit ragdolling and what is not is pretty inconsistent. I remember you even trying to write off Vader ragdolling Starkiller as a "momentary laps in defense", when Kenobi pretty much only gets ragdolled like that...

I recall you dismissing Muur's duel against Krayt as lasting a page, even though off-panel, it was four or five pages. But I could be wrong.

Doubt it, unless out of ignorance. I don't dismiss off-screen/page out of the length of a duel.

Last edited by cs_zoltan on Sep 22nd, 2016 at 12:28 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 12:23 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Maul sweeps.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 01:10 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

@Zoltan.

Ehhh i mean Kyle and Jacen have a conversation while dueling in the span of 5 seconds and a Padawan is able to process whats happening in that same time so... Meh

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Don't see how that's relevant at all. He was clearly being caught offguard, since he was interrupted.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 01:47 PM
UCanShootMyNova

(who even that point is at least a Starkiller level force user )

Lmao.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 02:06 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Lmao.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 02:11 PM
UCanShootMyNova

I just find it funny that you cherry pick cutscenes yet apparently don't take confirmed events in the TFUII campaign guide which would put Starkiller and Vader both far above Krayt.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 02:12 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Wtf. Wtf. Wtf.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 02:13 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I just find it funny that you cherry pick cutscenes yet apparently don't take confirmed events in the TFUII campaign guide which would put Starkiller and Vader both far above Krayt.

Did you get your TFUIICG from AP?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 02:16 PM