KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman & Captain America vs Lizard

Batman & Captain America vs Lizard
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

Batman's modern response to pheromones, part 2:

Attachment: detective comics 14. batman resistance to pheromones b.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 04:43 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Comes down to the quickdraw, then.

Batman and his knowledge of reptiles, coupled with the nitrogen, vs pheremones.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 04:43 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

His knowledge of reptiles? Wut? Ill give you this, the nitrogen IS a solid tactic.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 04:46 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
That comes after the fact though and I dont believe Lizards pheromones count as general knowledge. If he gets hit with that first he definitely wont be in the frame of mind to put a mask on or much of anything else.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...postid=14933854
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...postid=14933857

I don't think you saw the above before you sent your reply.

Please click and read those images and then tell me if you still think the same.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 04:49 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Wouldn't compare the two. Lizard's ability isn't pheromone based and is powerful enough to mindf&$k an entire city.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 05:28 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by SamZED
Wouldn't compare the two. Lizard's ability isn't pheromone based and is powerful enough to mindf&$k an entire city.

1. Both Batman and Captain America have resisted extremely powerful attempts at control both telepathic and chemically based.

2. Unless this control of his is just an automatic thing that he needs no focus for and is triggered by his very presence, you need to make the case that Lizard can do whatever he does in the midst of battle -- Cap and Batman aren't just going to let him sit in one spot chanting Yoga phrases. Liz has to be able to whammy them, however it is that he whammies people, while actively engaged in something else.

3. I've never seen Lizard mind control people.
Reptiles? Yes. People? No.

By contrast, Poison Ivy has pheromones that proved powerful enough to put gas and chemical-resistant Superman under her control. If you're going to argue Liz has stuff more powerful than what Poison Ivy has used on people, you need to prove it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 05:46 PM
SamZED

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
1. Both Batman and Captain America have resisted extremely powerful attempts at control both telepathic and chemically based.

2. Unless this control of his is just an automatic thing that he needs no focus for and is triggered by his very presence, you need to make the case that Lizard can do whatever he does in the midst of battle -- Cap and Batman aren't just going to let him sit in one spot chanting Yoga phrases. Liz has to be able to whammy them, however it is that he whammies people, while actively engaged in something else.

3. I've never seen Lizard mind control people.
Reptiles? Yes. People? No.

By contrast, Poison Ivy has pheromones that proved powerful enough to put gas and chemical-resistant Superman under her control. If you're going to argue Liz has stuff more powerful than what Poison Ivy has used on people, you need to prove it.

1. So has Spider-man, but it still activated the "Lizard part of his brain", more has to do with biology than will power, don't see a reason why it won't effect them at least to a degree.
2. It just works when he's around. And he's used it during battles, never had to sit and chant or anything like that. Considering the starting distance and the fact that Lizard's influenced thousands (millions?) of people around him for miles it's safe to assume that with no CIS he will be able to "tag" them before they can come up with countermeasures since his attack doesn't require any preparation or effort. And mindlessly slugging it out with Lizard is the last thing they want to do.
3. I said mindf&$k, not mind control. He's done that.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 06:08 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 05:59 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

His knowledge of reptiles? Wut? Ill give you this, the nitrogen IS a solid tactic.

You heard me

What I meant was, reptiles are cold blooded. They get super super sluggish in cold temperatures.... As in, 15degrees C, nothing special.

Liquid nitrogen would mess him up properly.

You see a giant lizard, you're the World's Greatest Detective....

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 06:18 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Can't use nitrogen when your arms have been torn or bitten off

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 07:13 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol. If you want Lizard to win, as OP, just say so and stop dicking around.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 07:28 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You heard me

What I meant was, reptiles are cold blooded. They get super super sluggish in cold temperatures.... As in, 15degrees C, nothing special.

Liquid nitrogen would mess him up properly.

You see a giant lizard, you're the World's Greatest Detective....

You DID see me say nitrogen is a solid tactic right? laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 07:29 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I think he would win but we are debating relax Dark

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 07:32 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You DID see me say nitrogen is a solid tactic right? laughing out loud

Ha I did.

Its pretty solid tactic indeed!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 08:11 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Lizard can use pheromones and telepathy that will make his opponents go crazy.

Originally posted by BlackWind
Batman isnt going to even get a chance to do all that.

Happy Dance

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:08 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by relentless1
Batman has owned much stronger than Lizard so has Cap both together and Lizard is in for some trouble. Hell, Batman takes on Killer Croc when he was feral and mutated, thats comparable to Lizard.

Killer Croc isn't that strong. He's faar from being in Lizard's league

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:10 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Stoic
She made him retreat, and it was from more than one hit. Can't recall the issue, but she was tearing him apart.

she has alos destroyed vulture and scorpiona as well

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:11 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by SamZED
Thnx, found it. Not sure if it's canon but I'd say it's an extremely low showing for Lizzy. Also he's been upgraded twice in the past two years.

yep he's a beast now

Last edited by HulkIsHulk on Oct 24th, 2014 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:12 PM
HulkIsHulk

Lizard is smart now and the range of his pheromones is insane. Not sure how gas "negates" that.

aren't they city ranged?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:15 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Found a remarkable thread discussing some of the equipment Batman actually carries with him as part of his standard uniform.

Use word find for "Nitrogen" and consider again what simply being in a Refrigerated Car for a minute did to Lizard as you examine the results you get:

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com/p/s...-prep-time.html

Lizard has been upgraded

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:16 PM
DarkSaint85

To be immune to cold?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 02:33 PM