KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Plo Koon vs Darth Maul

Plo Koon vs Darth Maul
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Irrelevant tangents ftw thumb up

Looking at some of those fights, I've had to lower my opinion of Plo somewhat. Granted, both Ventress and Maul are exceptional duelists- I didn't recall that he gave much ground to Ventress. Savage likewise didn't do as poorly as I recalled, he forced him back held his defense strong, and just used the mask move as a coup de gras.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:03 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
ILS, I just noticed the respect threads in your sigs. I myself was going to make a Savage respect thread, so I looked it over and noticed you were missing what may be his best feat of durability: As he's deflecting the omnidirectional blaster fire, about a half dozen shots get through, and then right before he unleashes his force wave he tanks nearly a dozen more, and is still able to run to his ship.
I think I highlighted in there somewhere that he's basically blasterproof, but I guess I can update it to make a more pronounced point of it. Although Savage's armor is a big part of him surviving blaster bolts. Him tanking the impact of them without slowing down is impressive though.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:06 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS
I bet if reti4 read this thread his brain would implode from how much sense we're making.
thumb up laughing

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lmfao

Malgus vs Kenobi video just came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEr...Plnae-kvdD5XTvw

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:16 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watching it right now.

They really suck at differentiating between physical stats, or actually knowing enough about characters to be drawing conclusions on them. Kenobi is faster than Malgus, which they failed to realize.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:17 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah, he doesn't go into Kenobi's speed feats as well. Malgus is roughly as fast as Jinn who is slower than ROTS Kenobi by a bit.

I think they're overemphasizing stupid shit like durability, weapons, and cybernetics lmao.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:24 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

They more or less got the Force abilities section right, although they mistook Kenobi's use of Deflection for telekinesis.

Have you ever noticed that they don't have a firm grasp over the fact Force Users are blatantly superhuman? Like they'll use phrases like "nearly preternatural" or describe things as "superhuman" - well no shit, of course they are superhuman, that goes without saying. They seem to find it to be exceptional for a Jedi to be superhuman when just about all of them inherently are.

Edit: Yeah, they overemphasize stuff that doesn't matter in the slightest. Some of them go on ridiculous conjecture-filled tangents about lightsaber forms and hilts. I mean, yes, if it's something like Kenobi's Soresu vs Grievous' form, or Makashi vs Shii-Cho, then you should mention Form, but most of the time Form has nothing to do with it unless there's some kind of conflict which favours one over the other.

Last edited by ILS on Nov 19th, 2014 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:28 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by ILS
They more or less got the Force abilities section right, although they mistook Kenobi's use of Deflection for telekinesis.

Have you ever noticed that they don't have a firm grasp over the fact Force Users are blatantly superhuman? Like they'll use phrases like "nearly preternatural" or describe things as "superhuman" - well no shit, of course they are superhuman, that goes without saying. They seem to find it to be exceptional for a Jedi to be superhuman when just about all of them inherently are.

Edit: Yeah, they overemphasize stuff that doesn't matter in the slightest. Some of them go on ridiculous conjecture-filled tangents about lightsaber forms and hilts. I mean, yes, if it's something like Kenobi's Soresu vs Grievous' form, or Makashi vs Shii-Cho, then you should mention Form, but most of the time Form has nothing to do with it unless there's some kind of conflict which favours one over the other.

I was just gonna bring that up they thought deflection was tutaminus. ****ing Jensaarai doesn't even go into Malgus's best TK feats, Jensaarai said his durability was his best asset lol.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:34 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL Antoine just said that he believes no duelist during the CW era could defeat Kenobi in a saber duel barring Sidious or Yoda.

Jesus Christ.....

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:34 AM
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

It wasn't really that bad. They could have done a lot worse.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Dionysus a Private Message Find more posts by Dionysus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS
LOL Antoine just said that he believes no duelist during the CW era could defeat Kenobi in a saber duel barring Sidious or Yoda.

Jesus Christ.....
Antoine is Reti4's *****.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:37 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah so in the dueling category they failed to bring up any actual feats and accolades and instead went on an absolutely ridiculous tangent about their Forms. In their verdict they're claiming Malgus is on-par with Obi-Wan. Funny stuff.

Scratch that: They gave Malgus the edge as a duelist.

I'd love to make a youtube channel and just slaughter every video they make with a response video, or better yet get them in a forum debate.

Last edited by ILS on Nov 19th, 2014 at 04:47 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:42 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jensaarai is the worst imo..

He goes into personal speculation regarding the minutiae of Malgus's style, as opposed to his accomplishments in skill. He also said Malgus was weak against physical strikes, and used Malcom catching him off guard as an example lol

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:44 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, he used Malcom as an example as well as Satele kicking him while he was defending against Darach's saber throw.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:47 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Their analysis of Kenobi's tactics are horrible... lol

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:48 AM
Dionysus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS

I'd love to make a youtube channel and just slaughter every video they make with a response video, or better yet get them in a forum debate.
Weren't you actually going to do that? I heard some rumors through the grape vine...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:51 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah, I stopped at the outcome. While I think Malgus would win it woulldn't be by overpowering Kenobi physically or outdueling him.

When they said "lets imagine this fight" they do that in every duel, as opposed to go by who has the better showings. Also that part where Antoine said no duelist other than Sidious or Yoda could take Kenobi is hilarious, Maul is slightly more skilled, faster than Malgus, and a better duelist and has the same offensive force advantage Malgus would in a duel.

Great job Youtube guys thumb up

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:53 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dionysus
Weren't you actually going to do that? I heard some rumors through the grape vine...
I got started on making my first one but I've had computer problems since then.. I may pick it up some time in the future but there isn't much I can do right now. Plus I hate my voice, lol.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:58 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You can always have Reti4 narrate your videos.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:59 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
Yeah, I stopped at the outcome. While I think Malgus would win it woulldn't be by overpowering Kenobi physically or outdueling him.

When they said "lets imagine this fight" they do that in every duel, as opposed to go by who has the better showings. Also that part where Antoine said no duelist other than Sidious or Yoda could take Kenobi is hilarious, Maul is slightly more skilled, faster than Malgus, and a better duelist and has the same offensive force advantage Malgus would in a duel.

Great job Youtube guys thumb up
Ikr? Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Anakin without CIS, Maul for either a stalemate or slim majority, hell even Ventress on any given day, are all capable of defeating him. And he should lose to Grievous if he was lacking a lightsaber form advantage.

I am seriously dreading Antoine's Darth Maul vs Anakin Skywalker video.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 05:00 AM