KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman VS Thor: STRENGTH RANKING

Where does Superman Rank in strength compared to Thor
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor is stronger than Superman 10 11.76%
Superman is stronger than Thor 26 30.59%
Superman and Thor are peers in strength 24 28.24%
Superman is a tier above Thor in strength 25 29.41%
Total: 85 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Superman VS Thor: STRENGTH RANKING
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Superman VS Thor: STRENGTH RANKING

Superman is a tier stronger than Thor.

This applies to DCNU and Preboot Superman.

Correct?

Incorrect?

What say you?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 07:46 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I say your pathetic attempts at dividing the forum will fail, we all love each other as our fellow man/woman (hey Sin!) and won't fall for your tricksy ways!!!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 07:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samdayg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably around the same

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:01 PM
Samdayg is currently offline Click here to Send Samdayg a Private Message Find more posts by Samdayg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

They are of course, peers. The only time they havent been peers was pre Crisis.

In terms no one will give a damn about, if the two were measured in human terms, they would both be even on squats and dead lifts, but Superman would have Thor by 100lbs on the bench, 25lbs on the military press.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
They are of course, peers. The only time they havent been peers was pre Crisis.

In terms no one will give a damn about, if the two were measured in human terms, they would both be even on squats and dead lifts, but Superman would have Thor by 100lbs on the bench, 25lbs on the military press.

You really think Thor could replicate the feat that preceded this?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:13 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:16 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals.

Superman has defeated the Hulk, and Thor in every cross over they have been pitted against him.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:21 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Board Walker
Superman has defeated the Hulk, and Thor in every cross over they have been pitted against him.

Yes, but they were portrayed as equals in strength and the fight could have gone both ways, except PC Superman against Hulk. But PC Superman's strength is beyond anthing sans Validus and PC Darkseid.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:24 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did you come to this conclusion? What does superman having light years better feats have to do with them maybe being equal in your "crossover". Your logic is utter stupid and the only reason you came to it is because you want to vote for thor.

Basically this is what you said "Ya i cant really prove thor is stronger but im going to say some really dumb sh*t so i can vote for him anyway"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:26 PM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by thingy150
How did you come to this conclusion? What does superman having light years better feats have to do with them maybe being equal in your "crossover". Your logic is utter stupid and the only reason you came to it is because you want to vote for thor.

Basically this is what you said "Ya i cant really prove thor is stronger but im going to say some really dumb sh*t so i can vote for him anyway"

Relax, just because someone doesn't shares your point of view and has a differen't opinion, there is no need to be upset.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:28 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Relax, just because someone doesn't shares your point of view and has a differen't opinion, there is no need to be upset.

No, it is not that you don't share the same view, it is because your logic is ridiculous and you cannot prove thor is stronger.

You gave some weird hypothetical as your answer...

You basically just looked for an excuse to pick the character you like better.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:31 PM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Board Walker

We arent talking about a fight, which involves skill, durability, different powers...

We're talking about strength. If you cant differentiate between strength and a fight, you shouldnt be posting in this particular thread.

-shrug-

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:33 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

We arent talking about a fight, which involves skill, durability, different powers...

We're talking about strength. If you cant differentiate between strength and a fight, you shouldnt be posting in this particular thread.

-shrug-

Which brings us to this.

Do you think Thor could benchpress the Earth the way Superman did?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:37 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

No, it is not that you don't share the same view, it is because your logic is ridiculous and you cannot prove thor is stronger.

You gave some weird hypothetical as your answer...

You basically just looked for an excuse to pick the character you like better.

Just because you can't understand my logic doesn't mean that i am not allowed to have a differen't opinion. I can base it on anything i want and you will have to accept it as my opinion. I hope that clears any misunderstandings.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:50 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Which brings us to this.
go to pic to prove Superman is THe AweSOme

You know, my knee jerk reaction is to say...no, BUT, not having read the story myself, and with all the hyperbole i've read on the site regarding the feat, i'll have to say...probably.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 08:51 PM
LordofBrooklyn

You know, my knee jerk reaction is to say...no, BUT, not having read the story myself, and with all the hyperbole i've read on the site regarding the feat, i'll have to say...probably.

"Probably"

DAMN LIES!!!

mad

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 09:17 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just because you can't understand my logic doesn't mean that i am not allowed to have a differen't opinion. I can base it on anything i want and you will have to accept it as my opinion. I hope that clears any misunderstandings.

You are making a claim, you have provided no evidence to back up that claim.

You literally stated the dumbest reason ever for them being equals:

"They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals."

You admit superman has better feats but you vote for thor because "in a crossover they would be all equals." that is the dumbest and most flawed logic i have ever seen.

You have no proof of thor being on that level, so you gave a stupid hypothetical.

When making a claim you need evidence to support that said claim, you did not do this.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 09:26 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

You are making a claim, you have provided no evidence to back up that claim.

You literally stated the dumbest reason ever for them being equals:

"They are peers. Supes has the better feats, better than Hulk or Thor, yet in a crossover they would be all equals."

You admit superman has better feats but you vote for thor because "in a crossover they would be all equals." that is the dumbest and most flawed logic i have ever seen.

You have no proof of thor being on that level, so you gave a stupid hypothetical.

When making a claim you need evidence to support that said claim, you did not do this.

See and this is where you fail. In the crossover they were portrayed as equals, they even did armwrestling iirc. Anyway, the second thing is you can't grasp, it doesn't matter what you think, what feats who have, a writer can do whatever he wants and you got to live with it. So there is no truth in comics, no science, just opinions of fans like you and me that don't matter to anyone.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 09:56 PM
riv6672

"Probably"

DAMN Opionions!!!

smile

Fixed.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 10:00 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Which brings us to this.

... Superman didn't benchpress the earth, he bench pressed a bar with equivocal weight.

And why not, Thor has the better canon feats.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 10:16 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote