KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » HK-47 vs Agen Kolar

HK-47 vs Agen Kolar
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

HK-47 vs Agen Kolar

HK-47 is sent to assassinate Agen Kolar. Does he succeed?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

No.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 09:45 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ya know, I'm still waiting on quantifiable feats for HK. As I recall someone was gonna post em, but I don't recalling seeing anything that would jump out. Only thing that I know is...

- He was sent out by Darth Revan to assassinate targets, which is pretty standard MO for...well an assassin droid.

- He was able to convince HK-51s to work with him

...that's really it as far as things go that have him have quantifiable feats...before someone brings up, he fought against the strike teams in TOR

Back up....we don't know how those went down, so they can't really be used, because...what happens in game, doesn't necessarily happen in canon.

If taking SWG into account...he took out some old CIS droids, I believe a SBD and a Droideka? That's really his most impressive feat that I see.

Tbh I find 47 to be overrated due to his personality, yes it's fun, I found it fun the first few times...but then it just got boring.

As he actually stands combat wise?...Not particularly great, he has knowledge of how to fight Jedi, ok....that's all find and dandy but having knowledge isn't always going to mean 100% guarantee that it'll work for someone in a practical scenario, has many things could be different or things could change.

Ah...sorry for the long rant lol, didn't mean to go that far.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 28th, 2014 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I just shit my pants. I never thought it was needed, but do I really need to actually make a HK-47 respect thread? Looks like you read the summary of Wookieepedia and deemed it final.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 03:57 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Kolar stomps. He could walk out of the Temple of the Ancients in one piece if it collapsed on him, so he could definitely handle anything HK-47 throws at him. At the beginning of this fight, Kolar attacks with force powers suddenly and without HK-47 noticing.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I just shit my pants. I never thought it was needed, but do I really need to actually make a HK-47 respect thread? Looks like you read the summary of Wookieepedia and deemed it final.

Actually I was going off what I remember/read about HK, not from the Wookiee at all.

If he has impressive feats, that are actually noted and can be quantified, then by all means show. Cause I haven't really seen anything impressive from 47, no matter how many times people put him in battles on various forums, no one seems to put up forth anything other than what I already mentioned.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@Emperordmb LOL! In all serious though, HK should win this quite easily. He has the arsenal power to destroy entire buildings. Let the wanking begin!

"HK-47 was designed for combat, but he is far more autonomous than a mere battle droid. In the years since his last memory wipe, personality quirks have developed in his programming that border on the psychotic. This has only served to make him an even more efficient assassin. A self-sentient killing machine, HK-47, as is obvious merely from his menacing appearance, is far more than an ordinary combat droid. With a devastating arsenal of high-powered weaponry, a ruthless and single-minded pursuit of its termination targets, and a pre-programmed disregard for all organic life, this Hunter-Killer model is one of the most dangerous assassins in the galaxy. Rumored to have been created by Czerka Corp. to eliminate the heads of rival corporations, HK-47 is quite capable of laying waste to an entire building in an effort to dispose of a single target, as he has demonstrated on more than one occasion in the past. This wanton carnage, combined with the tendency of the droid’s previous owners to come to rather gruesome ends, has led most civilized planets to issue explicit bans on all HK-model assassin droids. But on the dangerous worlds of the Outer Rim, having a merciless, flame-throwing engine of destruction at your side can be quite useful ... until it decides you’re the next target." --Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Prima Guide

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:19 AM
Zenwolf

That's nice. I also remember that too now that you brought it up from the guide.

Anything else?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:23 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"...laying waste to an entire building."
Definition of "lay waste": to destroy something

I accept your concession, submit to his power.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:25 AM
Zenwolf

Yes, I just looked up the definition, I edited my post.

But anything else?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:25 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yeah, I'll probably make a respect thread for him. Major standouts are (besides his arsenal which is insane):
• Malak had enough faith in HK-47 that he could successfully kill Meetra Surik.
• He hunted down a lot of Jedi during the Jedi Civil War, which is impressive.
• The False Emperor flashpoint implies he put up a good fight in the Foundry.
• "HK-47's stabbing is nothing but artfully precise" and is also "tough as nails."
HK-47 received a shit ton of accolades and feats in the above quote alone to put him above Kolar though, IMO.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:33 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I think HK could pull this one off.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yas. Next stop: HK-47 vs The Father of Mortis!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:36 AM
Zenwolf

Only one I have issue with is the Foundry/FE flashpoint fights, cause we don't really know how they went down in actual canon. You could post, that though for FE but I wouldn't put anymore until concrete info comes.

Rest is fine and looking forward to seeing it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:37 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
cause we don't really know how they went down in actual canon.

You don't know who you're talking to, do you? (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:39 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

IG-88 is stated to be the most advanced and efficient assassin droid ever built. Sak eet.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:44 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Date on quote?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:46 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

More than one, but I'll check.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:47 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Okay, got one in 2006, the other is unknown atm.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:50 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I need one after 2011 for it to mean anything.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 04:52 AM