KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku vs TPM Maul/Agen Kolar (sabers only)

Count Dooku vs TPM Maul/Agen Kolar (sabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Maybe you should tell me, hombre.

Perhaps I will, amigo.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

...I take it you're joking, right?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 02:43 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by ILS
...I take it you're joking, right?

Perhaps... or am I?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I do think the count has a very decent chance to take them both down via sabers. Agen is essentially < Kenobi while TPM Maul is most probably < Anakin.
By the end of CW Dooku was stalemating the Jedi duo (basically also in sabers), he can take a slim majority in this fight IMHO.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku has never conclusively stalemated the Kenobi/Skywalker duo, in fact fighting them together heavily strains him. He's never shown himself capable of defeating someone as skilled and physically formidable as Maul alongside someone as skilled as Agen, with just his blade.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 02:51 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by ILS
Dooku has never conclusively stalemated the Kenobi/Skywalker duo, in fact fighting them together heavily strains him.

I'm not sure what you mean here? As in the duel was inconclusive meaning that neither the duo nor Dooku could overcome one another?

Note also that Dooku can be tired but not defeated.

Originally posted by ILS
He's never shown himself capable of defeating someone as skilled and physically formidable as Maul alongside someone as skilled as Agen, with just his blade.

Anakin is most probably more physically powerful than TPM Maul. He also has has vastly superior force reserves to boost his strengh/stamina.

Kenobi is probably > Agen.

Bottom line is: Dooku can essentially stalemate Anakin/Kenobi duo, thus he can take a slim majority against a lesser duo.

Last edited by Stigma on Jan 20th, 2015 at 03:08 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 03:01 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I'm not sure what you mean here? As in the duel was inconclusive meaning that neither the duo nor Dooku could overcome one another?

Note also that Dooku was tired but not defeated.
As in their duels have never finished, therefore there's no proof that Dooku did anything beyond holding them off for length of time that he did. Using your logic, Savage Opress "stalemated" Anakin and Kenobi.

He was running out of steam, quickly. In RotS he needed Kenobi out of the picture if he wanted any chance of winning.
quote:
Anakin is most probably more physically powerful than TPM Maul. He also has has vastly superior force reserves to boost his strengh/stamina.
Well, Maul can operate at peak capacity for a sufficient amount of time but that's besides the point - I wasn't saying Maul is as good as Anakin. I was saying that Dooku has never conclusively beaten a duo containing someone as physically powerful and skilled as Maul, using only his blade.
quote:
Kenob is probably > Agen.
I mean, probably slightly, but considering Dooku can only ever defeat Kenobi, when Anakin is present, with the Force, I fail to see how that even matters.
quote:
Bottom line is: Dooku can essentially stalemate Anakin/Kenobi duo, thus he can take a slim majority against a lesser duo.
Except he can't stalemate that duo - he would lose to them every time. He doesn't have any other feats to suggest he can pull off what you're suggesting.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 03:09 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by ILS
As in their duels have never finished, therefore there's no proof that Dooku did anything beyond holding them off for length of time that he did.

Likewise there is no indication that they would definitely beat him, or vice versa. Thus we have to work with what we've got.
from what I gather, it was more or less a stalemate.

Originally posted by ILS
Using your logic, Savage Opress "stalemated" Anakin and Kenobi.

Well, he kinda did. He also ragdolled him. But we know that Savage was blodlusted/amped by rage at that point.

Originally posted by ILS
He was running out of steam, quickly. In RotS he needed Kenobi out of the picture if he wanted any chance of winning.

In RotS Anakin is "twice as powerful" as he was the last time he and Count fought.

Originally posted by ILS
Well, Maul can operate at peak capacity for a sufficient amount of time but that's besides the point - I wasn't saying Maul is as good as Anakin. I was saying that Dooku has never conclusively beaten a duo containing someone as physically powerful and skilled as Maul, using only his blade.

Fair enough.

Yet, Dooku was never conclusively beaten by CW Anakin/Obi, a duo with someone more powerful physically than Maul and someone better than Kolar.

Originally posted by ILS
I mean, probably slightly, but considering Dooku can only ever defeat Kenobi, when Anakin is present, with the Force, I fail to see how that even matters.

I believe their last fight in CW series showed that Dooku can clearly hold his own agaisnt Anakin/Obi. I watched it quite a while ago, though.

Originally posted by ILS
Except he can't stalemate that duo - he would lose to them every time. He doesn't have any other feats to suggest he can pull off what you're suggesting.

We never saw them outduel him, though. He was defeated by Anakin, sure. But it was Anakin twice as powerful as in CW by his own admission.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 05:36 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Likewise there is no indication that they would definitely beat him, or vice versa. Thus we have to work with what we've got.
from what I gather, it was more or less a stalemate.
And at this point we enter the realm of speculation.
quote:
Well, he kinda did. He also ragdolled him. But we know that Savage was blodlusted/amped by rage at that point.
The point is, Savage would lose in a straight duel to either Kenobi or Anakin, so even though he can give them both bother at the same time in an inconclusive bout, doesn't mean he's their equal. Same goes with Dooku, except we know he would at least outduel Kenobi by himself in a tough fight. Inconclusive bout =/= stalemate.

For another example, Anakin has held off Dooku and Ventress simultaneously in a comic. I doubt you would consider him their combined equal.
quote:
In RotS Anakin is "twice as powerful" as he was the last time he and Count fought
Unreliable hyperbole, and also that quote is referring to the AotC duel, since TCW didn't even exist at that point.
quote:
Yet, Dooku was never conclusively beaten by CW Anakin/Obi, a duo with someone more powerful physically than Maul and someone better than Kolar.
That's just because Dooku is very skilled, and because the fights didn't last long enough for him to lose. Don't get me wrong, he'd make a real go of the fight in this thread. I just can't see him winning against two high calibre duelists like this.
quote:
I believe their last fight in CW series showed that Dooku can clearly hold his own agaisnt Anakin/Obi. I watched it quite a while ago, though.

We never saw them outduel him, though. He was defeated by Anakin, sure. But it was Anakin twice as powerful as in CW by his own admission.
He can hold his own, he just can't win.

Because the duel was inconclusive - it was evident that he would end up losing rapidly if he didn't remove Kenobi from the equation. And again, Anakin was referring to his AotC self. He couldn't have possibly doubled in power between TCW and RotS, so even if you took the quote to be referring to that point in time it'd be inaccurate hyperbole.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 05:43 PM
Angelalex242

Dooku's low stamina is an issue only if Kolar can last long enough to make it one. He might get Makashied to death before he can do much about it.

Once it's one on one, Dooku's got it.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Quoted only this part to keep it shorter.
Originally posted by ILS
He [Dooku] can hold his own, he just can't win.

Precisely. Dooku can hold his on against a more powerful team (CW Skywalker and Kenobi), thus, conceivably, he should be able to edge out a win against a less powerful team (TPM Maul and Kolar).

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 10:05 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma
Precisely. Dooku can hold his on against a more powerful team (CW Skywalker and Kenobi), thus, conceivably, he should be able to edge out a win against a less powerful team (TPM Maul and Kolar).
So how does losing against a superior team warrant indisputably winning against a team that isn't far off of them at all?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 10:14 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I don't recall Dooku losing against CW Kenobi/Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 10:24 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be the inevitable conclusion.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 10:28 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Eh, perhaps we can conclude at that.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 10:31 PM
McP

Dooku with difficulty.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2015 11:27 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote