KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Fighting Games of All Time.

Best Fighting Games of All Time.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

I did enjoy Bloody Roar...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 07:12 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only just got Budokai 3, and its already the most fun I ever had in a fighting game.

Also, Bushido Blade deserves a mention, because of it being the first and only franchise to do "realistic" sudden death kills right.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 09:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah, how could I forget Destrega.

One of the best party fighters I've ever played, and sort of does 3d "DBZ" style ki based gameplay better then DBZ games did it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 10:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

this is gonna be like "WTF?!" but my fav fighting game of all time is the very first Mortal Kombat. When it came out, it was like so mysterious and such taboo (i was like 9 i think lol). Plus it had the dopest graphic (the refined digital graphic was so cool at the time!). The music, the backstory and the whole eastern Shaolin/Asian appeal was really cool to me. Reminds me of those old 36th Chamber Shaw brothers movies ha. And raiden reminded me of the dude from Big Trouble who i thought was the coolest character ever lol.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 11:17 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

In total agreement. MK did for the franchise what Super Mario Bros did for that series. Sure, the sequels refined the concept, but there's always something about that first game, rough edges and all.

Ever see that hologram of Raiden they used to stick in museums. Or at least, it looked just like him. Could have been a random shaolin monk..

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 01:17 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
No Mercy had the best character creation system ever.

A friend made Earthquake to a T. Same exact look, same taunts, same awesomeness. In other systems, he's always a little off..

Me and my friends would spend hours doing matches with us in a ladder match with Andre the Giant. Merely because his body would twitch in a hilarious way if you knocked him down and then began beating him with a ladder.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 02:30 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Only just got Budokai 3, and its already the most fun I ever had in a fighting game.

Also, Bushido Blade deserves a mention, because of it being the first and only franchise to do "realistic" sudden death kills right.
Never played Bushido played, but it kinda reminds me of a third-person Chivalry with Samurai's.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 09:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting(Turbo)and its brethren. (Might be cheating but if I have to choose one then the first one)

The game started it all and is still played in tourneys today.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 12:30 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Impediment
Street Fighter II
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tekken Tag Tournament
Mortal Kombat 9
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Solid list.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 12:31 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I remember one where they could carry swords, and the villain was dressed in pure black robes and had blonde hair.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 04:44 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Def Jam's Fight for New York was the best fighting game ever IMO.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 06:44 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about a fighting game with good AI?

Generally, they seem to fall into two camps: Pathetically easy, or cheap (Reading your inputs, using inhuman combos..)

Virtua Fighter 4 evolution's arcade mode seemed to nail an AI that was challenging and fair.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 06:54 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Mk XL will be the NR1 when it hits the stores.....until the release of Injustice 2 off course...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 08:03 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Melee. How many games refuse to die like that game has? Not only has it basically survived two sequels and no help from Nintendo, it has thrived. Compare: One of the most important matches in 06 vs. The most important match of 2016. The crowds are bigger, the players are much better, and the stakes are so much higher since actual E-Sports are involved now. The game inspires people to do really amazing things like raising nearly 100 grand for Breast Cancer and making a documentary cataloging the early days of the meta. It's actually quite stupid but very fascinating from a design aspect.

That said there are also games that are objectively more influential fighting games, like Street Fighter. Melee is just the only one that grabbed my attention personally and I do think that it's continued survival in a world that makes it a chore is fascinating.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 11:41 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Battle Arena Toshinden was a good series.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 06:42 AM
RadZoa

I don't know about best of all time but Killer Instinct on the Xbox One/PC is freaking awesome.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 06:44 AM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by RadZoa
I don't know about best of all time but Killer Instinct on the Xbox One/PC is freaking awesome.
Dude tbh we already listed the best of all time and have gone to just naming them.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 06:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For me which i got alot of fun out of were

Street Fighter 2....and every other variation of them
Rival Schools
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Mortal Kombat trilogy
Budokai 3 & Tenkaichi 3.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 07:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

You all need to check Out Killer Instinct (the new one.) It's amazing. For 50 bucks you get 25+ characters (a few more will be added this year) and all the extra goodies it's accumulated over the years. It's out for Windows 10 PC now and it's incredible. Best fighting game I've played in years.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 18th, 2016 06:50 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Better then Mortal Kombat 9?

Old Post May 18th, 2016 09:31 PM