KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Would anyone like to see a Superman TV series starring Tom Welling?

Would anyone like to see a Superman TV series starring Tom Welling?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
I hated the Lois and Clark tv series and Dean Cain was a major reason that I did. IMO, he looked nothing like what Superman is supposed to look like. Tbh, I didn't really like the guy who played Superman in MOS either. Even Brandon Routh was better to me but no one can ever fill the shoes of Christopher Reeve including Tom Welling. Tom was great in Smallville (my all-time favorite tv series) but I don't think he'd ever be a good choice for a Superman feature film. It's hard to find a good actor to play such an iconic character as Superman well.

Reeves was the best, but we must march on with a new MoS to represent.

I have a feeling Cavil won't be the last Superman, after all Superman is generational for all Time.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 07:57 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
I liked Dean Cain... To a point. I thought he was a terrible Clark, but as Superman, I thought he was decent enough.

Teri Hatcher was an amazing Lois though, imo. Better than Durance and Adams by a long way.

thumb up thumb up

I liked Dean Cain better as Clark than I did as Superman though, but to each their own.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 09:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
thumb up thumb up

I liked Dean Cain better as Clark than I did as Superman though, but to each their own.

Dean was ok, but no where as good as TW.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 09:22 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
I liked Adams Lane.
Bosworth Lane was the worst IMO, though, much like my current opinion of Routh after seeing him on Arrow (and after i saw him in Dylan Dog), that is probably due to the Superman Returns script.
These are good actors playing great characters in a big budget movie with really good FX. The movie as a whole just missed the mark.

Singer was the biggest issue with SR, imo. Bosworth wasn't much better.

I did feel bad for Routh though.

Oh, Teri Hatcher was hot. She was the only thing good about the show, imo. The Lois from Smallville pales in comparison but Lana (Kristen Kreuk) was even hotter than Hatcher, imo. I've always had a crush on her since I saw her in Smallville.

Maybe, but Lana was a total ****.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
thumb up thumb up

I just don't think he got the whole duality of the character down, personally. His Clark always felt to me like he was a bit smug, like he was constantly thinking "I can't believe you guys are falling for this" and such.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 09:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

MoS has been the only one we seen so far that does not act like a complete ass while in clark kent mode.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 09:27 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. Lana was not a b****, PR.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 13th, 2015 at 09:35 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 09:32 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea, Lois was actually a bigger ***** then Lana.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 09:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
MoS has been the only one we seen so far that does not act like a complete ass while in clark kent mode.

What do you mean?

I didn't say *****. I said ****. And imo, she was. Didn't help that Clark was such a pussy that just let her walk all over him either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 09:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
I did feel bad for Routh though

Same.
And yes on Singer. I just dont see what he was going for with that project...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you mean?

I didn't say *****. I said ****. And imo, she was. Didn't help that Clark was such a pussy that just let her walk all over him either.

She wore a necklace with Kryponite around her neck for 7 seasons...no duh. laughing

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
Same.
And yes on Singer. I just dont see what he was going for with that project...

He was about thirty years too late.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
She wore a necklace with Kryponite around her neck for 7 seasons...no duh. laughing

Funny, I thought that was his balls.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 12:04 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was about thirty years too late.

Funny, I thought that was his balls.

Last time I checked he was weak to knite, smallville notoriously so. But still if she was a *****, who cares, he got the right girl in the end.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 12:13 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok, my bad, PR. I miscounted how many asterisks u used.

You make it sound like a girl being a "****" is a bad thing. But, it's ok for guys to sleep around right? roll eyes (sarcastic) LOL. I'm so tired of that double standard and I'm a guy. I don't care even if she was a **** she still gave me wood every time I saw her. smile

Lois (the one from Smallville show, anyway), was not even in her league.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 14th, 2015 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:41 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also don't understand why that 4-letter word has to be filtered out by the system. Why is that a bad word? It's not a cuss word. Whore isn't filtered out and it's much more derogatory than ****, imo.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 14th, 2015 at 06:01 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:58 AM
riv6672

Censorship is weird.
The word (capital B) itch is bleeped out on a lot of stations when they play Offspring's "Why dont you get a Job" but not when the song "(capital B) itch" by Meredith Brooks gets played.
I just figure a site will bleep out what it wants to.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

In some of the browser games I've played, the chatroom censor will even "***-out" part of a word. Eg, "cucumber" looks like "cu***ber."

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 11:43 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, i havent seen that in years! Not since EZBoard! laughing

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 11:57 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ok, my bad, PR. I miscounted how many asterisks u used.

You make it sound like a girl being a "****" is a bad thing. But, it's ok for guys to sleep around right? roll eyes (sarcastic) LOL. I'm so tired of that double standard and I'm a guy. I don't care even if she was a **** she still gave me wood every time I saw her. smile

Lois (the one from Smallville show, anyway), was not even in her league.

I wasn't using the word that starts with S and rhymes with glut.

So no, nothing about any kind of double standard.

The word I had in mind, rhymes more with brunt. Or stunt.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 07:13 PM
riv6672

Thats very blunt! stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 07:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud I just really didn't like Lana.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 07:57 PM