KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman/Spider-man reaction time speed

Wonder Woman/Spider-man reaction time speed
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 04:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I honestly think there are several characters with better reflexes than Parker over at marvel. Hes just "cheats" due to precog

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 04:48 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How is this even a question? Peter is not even a speedster, he gets punked at classic quicksilver level speed. Diana is a legit speedster who can run at foot with low level flashes like Jesse Quick.

Does anybody thinks Spidey can compete at that level?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 05:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

He bridges the gap

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 05:06 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nobody posted the Shattered God feat yet? stick out tongue

small star light > puny laser light wink

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 05:13 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by abhilegend
How is this even a question? Peter is not even a speedster, he gets punked at classic quicksilver level speed. Diana is a legit speedster who can run at foot with low level flashes like Jesse Quick.

Does anybody thinks Spidey can compete at that level?

It's a question bc not everyone breaks down comics like we always do. How many regular readers of comics think about stuff like this? Even diehards can be curious about stuff that seems obvious to KMC grognards.

I don't think anyone has backed Spidey in this thread so far, including me. The only reason I popped in was to dispel the idea that the scan posted on the last page is a one-off showing for Pete.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 05:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's not that impressive honesty. Steve Trevor managed to dodge them and Diana was out flying them in atmosphere for some time without even going into orbit.

The shards were teleported from all over the universe essentially.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 05:17 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi
It's a question bc not everyone breaks down comics like we always do. How many regular readers of comics think about stuff like this? Even diehards can be curious about stuff that seems obvious to KMC grognards.

I don't think anyone has backed Spidey in this thread so far, including me. The only reason I popped in was to dispel the idea that the scan posted on the last page is a one-off showing for Pete.

That's nothing Batman or Daredevil can't do. Dodging lasers is a routine thing for streets.

For example Batman dodged Dr Light attack in a similar fashion as Pete. It happens all the time.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 05:20 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by Digi

I don't think its a one off, but I do think that particular scan is at one end of the spectrum and him getting hit by a run of the mill standard bank robbing thug is at the other end - more or less. If you dissect that actual feat, the 8 lazer beams, the weaving of the limbs, him in motion on the flip, the inward commentary playing this off as something he can do in his sleep. I might be wrong, god knows I don't read a lot of spiderman, but at what point does a feat get moved into that "that's abit impressive to be the norm" category, the way we use him getting hit by mr robber in the "that's too lame to be the norm" category?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 05:22 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Abhi's negativity aside ( stick out tongue ), thanks for taling the question the way it was meant, and giving me some really great feedback. thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 08:22 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Abhi is just mad that Diana is that much faster than Superman smile

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 09:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scoobless
WW reacts faster, but Spider-Man reacts before the threat happens.

So even though she is faster, he reacts first.

This isn't how it works at all if the speed gap is big enough. Which for WW and Spider-Man, it is. So he won't be reacting first, his speed and precog have limits.

No reason to be mad over something that isn't true.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 09:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dont care about Superman, not here at least.
Just that wall crawling menace.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 09:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Dont care about Superman, not here at least.
Just that wall crawling menace.

Well, stronger versions of WW can move at a significant fraction of the speed of light at the very least. Spidey is hosed. Even if his precog did show him what was about to happen he would not actually be able to react quick enough to do anything about it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 10:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
This isn't how it works at all if the speed gap is big enough. Which for WW and Spider-Man, it is. So he won't be reacting first, his speed and precog have limits.

No reason to be mad over something that isn't true.

thumb up

Stiltsie is just mad because everybody and their uncle is waaaaaaay faster than Batman.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 12:00 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Try baiting with something better.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 02:34 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur
Well, stronger versions of WW can move at a significant fraction of the speed of light at the very least. Spidey is hosed. Even if his precog did show him what was about to happen he would not actually be able to react quick enough to do anything about it.

Dont really think this applies to her just blocking, though i can see how it might.
I do agree that overall, she's obviously faster.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:28 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by riv6672
We're not comparing her dodging ability to his, lets just clarify that in case this gets more input.
We're comparing her (WWs) ability to BLOCK projectiles, energy attacks etc. to HIS (Spidey's) ability to dodge the same type of attacks.
it would take more skill to block than dodge but more speed to dodge than block.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 07:59 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Why did that a) make sense to me and b) sound like Mr. Miyagi in my head?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:03 AM
DarkSaint85

WW's is better.

Depending on the writer, Spidey's SS doesn't ALWAYS help him. In darkness, where he can't see, there have been several depictions where it is shown the SS won't tell him what is the danger, or where it is coming from.

Obviously, you have other showings where it is essentially detailed precog.

Without the SS, he can be outreacted by humans. The Spot manages to outreact him, and he is hardly a trained fighter with any enhanced stats.

Once the SS is turned off, Spidey isn't anything to write home about.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:51 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote