KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman Vs Sebastian Shaw

Batman Vs Sebastian Shaw
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Here's another:

(please log in to view the image)

Shaw DOES love to show off. But what do you expect from a guy who wears ruffles?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The only thing about Shaw telling them how his powers work is that he's fought these people for years. It's essentially him claiming, "I'm better than you! And this is why I'm gonna win!" every single time they fight. Do you think Wolverine or any of the X-Men forgot how his powers work?

I'm sure there have been plenty of moments where Shaw just wrecks shop.

Last edited by KingD19 on Feb 24th, 2015 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:47 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Course not. But he still likes screaming it at the top of his lungs.

He DOES have a superiority complex, this is true. Do you think after Bats has punched/kicked him a few times, he wouldn't start laughing and mocking Bats? Or when a few Batarangs explode/hit him to no avail?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He does like to hear himself talk, that's obvious, lol.

He'd probably start telling him how it was pointless or whatever, but there's no guarantee he'd be like, "I absorb all forms of energy! Any attack you do only strengthens me! The only way you can possibly defeat me is by some method of trickery like dropping me in a lake or draining my powers! You foolish fool!!"

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:58 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
He does like to hear himself talk, that's obvious, lol.

He'd probably start telling him how it was pointless or whatever, but there's no guarantee he'd be like, "I absorb all forms of energy! Any attack you do only strengthens me! The only way you can possibly defeat me is by some method of trickery like dropping me in a lake or draining my powers! You foolish fool!!"

The problem, of course, is that a lot of his showings occurred back in the good old days - when comics were less self-conscious. So of course, I wouldn't bet against having comics where he does exactly that lol.

But yeah, I can see your point thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:03 PM
KingD19

He's done that plenty of times in the golden age where literally everybody explained how their powers worked Every. Single. Time. It didn't matter if it was their rival who they fought on a daily basis. People felt the need to have powers explained constantly. Nowadays not so much. So yeah there's a chance he gives something away when he more than likely ends up bragging, but I don't think he'll go into such detail that Batman will know just what he can do. Not that he needs to know any way. The basics are:

1. My attacks aren't harming him.
2. He's really strong.
3. He's cocky.
4. He's a good fighter(fast enough to catch guys like Wolverine and Fantomex on a constant basis)
5. He seems to be getting more powerful as the fight goes on.

That's enough for Bruce to come up with a rough plan of attack, only problem is can he take him down since Shaw is used to people coming up with tricks to beat him since it's the only way that works. I think he'd be looking for the esoteric path at this point.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:22 PM
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Hasn't he been mind wiped?

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:51 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Couldn't Shaw just Thunderclap the gas away? By the time Batman realized what was going on, it would be too late.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Scans?

Edit: not to mention, Bats' gas is pretty powerful, considering the people he goes up against. Shaw is a normal human in that regard.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:02 PM
carver9

Of what? Also, scans of DCNU Batman powerful gas.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:03 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Shaw not being affected by poison gas and thunderclapping.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:04 PM
DarkSaint85

Ill post em when i get back. But yeah, i always thought Shaw was a normal human in terms of resistance to poisons and gases.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:09 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Shaw not being affected by poison gas and thunderclapping.

Who said he will not be affected? What I said was, he could Thunderclap it away and he could. Let's not pretend like Bats is going to start off the attack with this unknown gas you speak of. Then, Bats is fighting a guy that ran through both Wolverine and Ironman. A guy that is fast enough to grab him and a guy that doesn't mind killing. He can literally grab Batman during the onset of the battle and squeeze him to death and Batman couldn't do a thing about it AND it would be in character for Shaw.

I'm waiting for those gas scans though.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:11 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Hasn't he been mind wiped?

Emma Frost didn't mindwipe him so much as implant a powerful illusion of him getting what he wanted, which was killing her and a bunch of other stuff.

Unless you're talking about a different incident from when she and Fantomex dropped him from EVA in the middle of the desert.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:13 PM
carver9

Shaw has also absorbed radiation. Honestly can't see gas harming him. Especially if it is used against him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:19 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Who said he will not be affected? What I said was, he could Thunderclap it away and he could. Let's not pretend like Bats is going to start off the attack with this unknown gas you speak of. Then, Bats is fighting a guy that ran through both Wolverine and Ironman. A guy that is fast enough to grab him and a guy that doesn't mind killing. He can literally grab Batman during the onset of the battle and squeeze him to death and Batman couldn't do a thing about it AND it would be in character for Shaw.

I'm waiting for those gas scans though.

Then a thunderclap would do. I said i would post scans of Bats using gas when i got home. Where are your scans, as i asked first??

He is at his average levels. So he's hardly Colossus level strength.

Who said anything about Bats starting the fight with gas?

You're terrible at this.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:20 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Shaw has also absorbed radiation. Honestly can't see gas harming him. Especially if it is used against him.

Oh, so now you're xhanging your mind? Jesus wept.

@king: he was wiped into thinking he was a good guy or somesuch iirc, then he regained his memories and went up against human Hercules, who tried to use Medusa's gaze on him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:22 PM
Mindset

Then a thunderclap would do. I said i would post scans of Bats using gas when i got home. Where are your scans, as i asked first??

You're terrible at this.
I can't recall a time where Shaw isn't already amped.

I could be wrong though.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:25 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What's his average? I know he does the whole punching walls thing (eurgh, which makes no sense thermodynamically)....

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:28 PM
carver9

You're terrible at this.

He had enough strength to punch Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers clean through some buildings and he had no fight prior to this iirc (she even compared his punch to Hulk).

Cable only grabbed his arm here and Sebastian Shaw was able to toss him like a noodle.

http://s553.photobucket.com/user/ga...cable2.jpg.html

So Bats will be pounding away at him?

You do know you telling me I'm terrible at this does nothing to me right? See you said that to a couple of others as well.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:31 PM