KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman Vs Sebastian Shaw

Batman Vs Sebastian Shaw
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So far, none of this sounds too wild for me to imagine.
Sure, it's possible, and it's a comic book, so it's all way too easy to imagine.

When Shaw was beating on both Rogue and Wolverine though, he waited for them to be in arms reach before explaining that they were screwed.

Not hard for me to imagine that Batman would throw a batarang, and launch a batkick before his first attack even hit.

As soon as it becomes a melee match, Bats is boned.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:34 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by carver9
What? Punch Rogue, she flies back in and charge him and he punched her again. What I got from that is he attacked, tanked, and attacked again. Where did he stand there and laugh?

Wow. So did he not stand in one spot the entire time and yell what his powers are? If you say no you're officially an idiot.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:36 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Existere
Sure, it's possible, and it's a comic book, so it's all way too easy to imagine.

When Shaw was beating on both Rogue and Wolverine though, he waited for them to be in arms reach before explaining that they were screwed.

Not hard for me to imagine that Batman would throw a batarang, and launch a batkick before his first attack even hit.

As soon as it becomes a melee match, Bats is boned.

You think Bats is that fast?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:37 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by -K-M-
Wow. So did he not stand in one spot the entire time and yell what his powers are? If you say no you're officially an idiot.
Well, he responded to Rogue's own dialogue, and uttered his lines as he stopped her bullrush and grabbed her from the ground...

I mean, standing in one spot WAS a tactic, apparently, cause it made him a still target and absorbed all of Rogue's momentum...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:38 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Because I like Shawsplaning.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:39 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

You think Bats is that fast?
Fast enough to leap across a rooftop gap and enter the motions of a batkick as his batarang is still in the air?

Yeah, probably. Not really crucial though - I just don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Batman will figure out Shaw's powers before he takes it to melee, which would happen immediately following a batarang.

I don't think Batman would cycle through the long range tools in his utility belt while staying across the rooftop gap...

I also don't think Batman would keep his distance if Shaw attempts to make it a melee fight.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:42 PM
-K-M-

Well, he responded to Rogue's own dialogue, and uttered his lines as he stopped her bullrush and grabbed her from the ground...

I mean, standing in one spot WAS a tactic, apparently, cause it made him a still target and absorbed all of Rogue's momentum...

And? So as I said he yelled his powers and stayed in one spot. Correct? Carver denied that happened

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:43 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Fast enough to leap across a rooftop gap and enter the motions of a batkick as his batarang is still in the air?

Yeah, probably. Not really crucial though - I just don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Batman will figure out Shaw's powers before he takes it to melee, which would happen immediately following a batarang.

I don't think Batman would cycle through the long range tools in his utility belt while staying across the rooftop gap...

I also don't think Batman would keep his distance if Shaw attempts to make it a melee fight.

True, true. Who do you see taking this match?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:43 PM
Smurph
------

And? So as I said he yelled his powers and stayed in one spot. Correct? Carver denied that happened
Well, he didn't... he went through all that pompous dialogue, sure, but he did it while attacking her. So when Carver said:

What I got from that is he attacked, tanked, and attacked again. ?

I don't think he was being an idiot.

At the very least, you're both right - he talked AND attacked - but since this whole topic is related to Shaw's CIS (and how that relates to battling Batman), I was trying to point out that Shaw may be pompous, but not necessarily stupid, because his attack did work.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:47 PM
carver9

Read my post. He yelled his power WHILE ATTACKING. He didn't stand in one spot laughing like Dark said he would. He attacked.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Because I like Shawsplaning.

shifty

(please log in to view the image)

*non-canon

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:49 PM
Smurph
------

True, true. Who do you see taking this match?
Shaw, specifically because the OP sets up Batman to lose.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Even if he doesn't say it, he's still THINKING it. He just wants an audience, I guess:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/...gth_energy2.jpg

Would Namor count?:
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/...ebstrength2.jpg

X-man, I know, but adding it to the Shawsplanation:
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/...hotobook/s5.jpg

Even when people know about his powers, he will gladly explain his new powers:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/2-1.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/4-1.jpg

Also, what's stopping Bats from just using chokeholds?
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/5-1.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/6-1.jpg

'Of all of them, you came the closest'.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:51 PM
-K-M-

Well, he didn't... he went through all that pompous dialogue, sure, but he did it while attacking her. So when Carver said:

Good for him doesn't take away anything from what I said. Stood in one place and once again described his powers.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:54 PM
Smurph
------

lol, ok...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:55 PM
carver9

What I've noticed about Shaw is he explains his powers while attacking. Batman gets squeezed to death.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Even if he doesn't say it, he's still THINKING it. He just wants an audience, I guess:

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/...gth_energy2.jpg

Would Namor count?:
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/...ebstrength2.jpg

X-man, I know, but adding it to the Shawsplanation:
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/...hotobook/s5.jpg

Even when people know about his powers, he will gladly explain his new powers:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/2-1.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/4-1.jpg

Also, what's stopping Bats from just using chokeholds?
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/5-1.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums...lanpics/6-1.jpg

'Of all of them, you came the closest'.
What's stopping Batman from choking out someone massively stronger than him?

Nothing, I guess.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:00 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What I've noticed about Shaw is he explains his powers while attacking. Batman gets squeezed to death.

He didn't do it against Gambit (twice), Box, Storm, or Pierce.

Your powers of noticing are weak.

Also, none of the scans show him 'squeezing' someone to death. He usually punches them away. The amount of energy Batman would have in his kick (as Batman does NOT go for 'motorcyclesplitting kicks' as his first attack) would hardly make him super powerful either.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:02 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Mindset
What's stopping Batman from choking out someone massively stronger than him?

Nothing, I guess.

Tigra was doing just fine. She's weaker than Shaw, and Bats. Until that wall. Which presumably won't exist on a rooftop. Though it shows pressure point attacks could work.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:03 PM
carver9

He didn't do it against Gambit (twice), Box, Storm, or Pierce.

Your powers of noticing are weak.

Also, none of the scans show him 'squeezing' someone to death. He usually punches them away. The amount of energy Batman would have in his kick (as Batman does NOT go for 'motorcyclesplitting kicks' as his first attack) would hardly make him super powerful either.

Wait a minute. I'm not use to this line of debate from Dark. Aren't you the one that usually resort to bfring as a majority tactic stating that "why would he not do this if it's within his ability to do". You debate primarily off of powerset.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 09:12 PM