KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Wyyrlok and Ulic vs. Zannah and HoT

Wyyrlok and Ulic vs. Zannah and HoT
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Ulic not only resisted the mental attacks of the Ketos he resisted King Ommin's Force attacks as a whole and without a connection to the Force was so mentally strong that he became one with the Force regardless.

His speed feats include generating almost half a dozen after-images and without any Force augmentation fighting at the same speed as dark Sylvar, someone who could blitz Force-enhanced Massassi abominations. Last but not least he has blitzed Warb Null and Ommin.

His dueling skill is on par with Exar Kun's despite a shrapnel injury and is routinely held in high regard as a Jedi Guardian by characters across the eras. Even Anakin Skywalker recognised him and his skill.

Force feats are sparse by comparison but he is certainly very powerful. As a matter of fact he has been used as a benchmark for Darth Sidious,
stating that even Ulic Qel-Droma would be envious of Palpatine's power.

He is probably the strongest character here.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:45 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Wyyrlok is better than Zannah.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, he isn't.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
I'll note mindstuff is not only her specialty, but his teammate's as well.

Not to the same degree. And I'd like to see him try mental attacks on Tython.

Originally posted by Q99
He is? He did pretty darn well against Krayt, and he won a sorcery duel with Andeddu.

In comparison to the other combatants? Yeah, he's the weakest.

Originally posted by AncientPower
Ulic not only resisted the mental attacks of the Ketos he resisted King Ommin's Force attacks as a whole and without a connection to the Force was so mentally strong that he became one with the Force regardless.

Like I said, the Keto's aren't in the same league as Kaan, let alone Zannah, when it comes to mental attacks. For what it's worth, the HoT also has immense telepathic ability, able to dominate Tol Braga. Braga is the only Jedi or Sith to have ever completely overcome Vitiate's mental domination over time, so his will is pretty dang good. Ommin is also not as good as Zannah, especially in terms of mental attacks.

I'm pretty sure that last thing has nothing to do with willpower, lol.

His speed feats include generating almost half a dozen after-images and without any Force augmentation fighting at the same speed as dark Sylvar, someone who could blitz Force-enhanced Massassi abominations. Last but not least he has blitzed Warb Null and Ommin.

His dueling skill is on par with Exar Kun's despite a shrapnel injury and is routinely held in high regard as a Jedi Guardian by characters across the eras. Even Anakin Skywalker recognised him and his skill.

Force feats are sparse by comparison but he is certainly very powerful. As a matter of fact he has been used as a benchmark for Darth Sidious,
stating that even Ulic Qel-Droma would be envious of Palpatine's power.

He is probably the strongest character here.

Nah, nothing here that's greater than the HoT or Zannah. In speed, skill and power both compare or exceed him.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I love the time you put into your rebuttals, the opinions are fantastic.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 12:40 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit burnt out on arguing Bane and Zannah tbh. You should know all her shit by now anyway.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Trocity
Wyyrlok is better than Zannah.

Interesting.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Team 2 wins.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Nephs arguments are pretty LOLworthy. People bring up feats/proof Zannah's illusions need time to gather power and all Neph says is LAWLnope Bane is better.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 07:38 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by carthage
Nephs arguments are pretty LOLworthy. People bring up feats/proof Zannah's illusions need time to gather power and all Neph says is LAWLnope Bane is better.

At a glance?

You're sort of misrepresenting him here :hmm

He's not denying that as far as I can tell, more he's trying to illustrate that you're overstating the issue of it possessing some charge time

Mostly through demonstrating how short of an interval the charge time may be

Hell if I care that much though, mostly just shooting the shit

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 07:47 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's barely even a charge time, it's more like ch- time.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 07:54 PM
Q99

Likewise, Wyyrlok can do his illusions pretty quick too. And has experience fighting mental attacks with mental attacks...

Originally posted by Nephthys
[B]
In comparison to the other combatants? Yeah, he's the weakest.

He's strong enough to give a long fight to be sure, regardless of how one precisely ranks them. Krayt's certainly a more dangerous foe than Zannah.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

Wyyrlok is probably a bit of a dead weight, but not by much. and i think the Hero of Tython would beat Ulic Qel Droma at least 6/10

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 04:57 AM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Wyyrlok is probably a bit of a dead weight, but not by much.

I think you may have an odd definition of dead weight. He was a rough fight for *Reborn* Krayt (who's stronger than Ulic), and chumped a legendary immortal sith sorcerer at sorcery.

He's going to at least hold his own against most major sith lords.

Dead weight implies a character that has to be carried, while it's pretty obvious that if anyone in this fight fought the other team solo they'd die hard.

They're fighting against a sith sorcerer and Wyyrlok is known-really good at sorcery fights!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Ulic Qel-Droma has stalemated Exar Kun whilst injured, the same Exar Kun recognised as the best duelist of the era. Please tell me again what opponents Hero of Tython has fought with saber skills on the tier of Exar Kun.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 06:24 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Q99
He's strong enough to give a long fight to be sure, regardless of how one precisely ranks them. Krayt's certainly a more dangerous foe than Zannah.

Never said he'd go down easy.

Ulic Qel-Droma has stalemated Exar Kun whilst injured, the same Exar Kun recognised as the best duelist of the era. Please tell me again what opponents Hero of Tython has fought with saber skills on the tier of Exar Kun.

Scourge.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 10:12 AM
Q99

Never said he'd go down easy.

Some are acting like he'd go down quickly or easily, which... isn't happening.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 12:03 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Scourge.

Isn't on Exar Kun's tier, your point?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 01:30 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't see why Kun is significantly greater than Scourge.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 02:52 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

What proof have you got that Scourge approaches one of the greatest master duelists in the lore? Allow me to guess, being roughly equal to Meetra Surik? Killing generic Sith with unknown elements of support? or is it getting handled by HoT? I hardly think so.

Kun remains arguably the greatest Niman master of all time, quite possibly invented the saberstaff and was routinely equating Ulic and Vodo in lightsaber combat, two genuine master duelists themselves. Not to mention that his personal lightsaber form is stated to be unstoppable when combined with his precognition.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 03:05 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What proof have you got that Scourge approaches one of the greatest master duelists in the lore? Allow me to guess, being roughly equal to Meetra Surik? Killing generic Sith with unknown elements of support? or is it getting handled by HoT? I hardly think so.

Kun remains arguably the greatest Niman master of all time, quite possibly invented the saberstaff and was routinely equating Ulic and Vodo in lightsaber combat, two genuine master duelists themselves. Not to mention that his personal lightsaber form is stated to be unstoppable when combined with his precognition.

Sure, he was about equal to Surik.... 300 ****ing years before his prime. Scourge mastered at least 3 lightsaber forms in a mere 20ish years. So it's not difficult to imagine that an extra 300 years (and the motivation of ending Vitiate) would make him insanely proficient. He's also got bonkers amounts of experience after 300 years of fighting powerful opponents and killing over 1100 of them. It was also notable that although he was decent in Revan, Nyriss and Revan both mention that Scourge still has tremendous amounts of force potential to unlock. Which I figure he did. He also has biochemical enhancements, has his combat prowess increased by Vitiate and has his special talent for feeding off of the emotions of his opponents (more than regular Sith). His massively levels of experience were also so good that he could quickly analyse a person and see their weaknesses.

And we see the "support" Scourge has in TOR. None. He walks up solo to a Republic military base to murder a former dark council member. And although he walks away, he was confident he could have succeeded despite Act II HoT being there and killed her and Sajar.

Kun was good sure but he was rivaled by Ulic and Vodo, he's not a transcendent swordsman above everyone else. Being unstoppable is obviously hyperbolic.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 03:36 PM